Week 9 Gameday Chatter Thread | Eagles vs Cowboys| 11/8/2015

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bill Belichek went 11-5 with Matt Cassel as his QB
How anyone can read this and still think we can win with Garrett is beyond me.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Marinelli led defenses are routinely top 5 in TO's, this year in an anomaly.

I am not absolving him of the other issues we have had this year but it's nothing inherent in his defenses that do not create TO's.
In previous years he played a lot more aggressive zone coverages, but this year he's slipped into that thing we're eternally cursed with where we play man coverage and line up 10 yards off the WR. I don't know if he caught the conservative disease from Garrett or what, but the cast of CBs we have should be able to play aggressive and come up with a pick more often than they have.

Mind you we are still stuck with Rob Ryan's DB coach, a decision I still fail to understand. Maybe it's just Henderson that needs to GTFO.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Play conservative... loss.

Open it up and get aggressive... Throw a ten point swing pick 6.... loss.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
The pick wasn't from playing aggressive, it was from a poor read of the defender who was in a position to jump thee route.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
We joke but with the way the defense has been playing and with Witten about to turn 50, I wouldn't be shocked to see us go LB and TE with the first couple of picks. But at this point it probably doesn't matter with the ongoing coaching and culture issues.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is a process that you go through with the right kind of guys.

Seems like you guys still don't get it.
We lost 11 in a row in '60, 10 in a row in '88, and an 8 game and 7 game losing streak in '89.

So, Garrett and his process still have records to shoot for this season. :fistpump

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We lost 11 in a row in '60, 10 in a row in '88, and an 8 game and 7 game losing streak in '89.

So, Garrett and his process still have records to shoot for this season. :fistpump
Garrett: ~stacking L's~

data

Forbes #1
would a Bucs loss be more embarrassing than the Houston Texans franchise opener loss?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We joke but with the way the defense has been playing and with Witten about to turn 50, I wouldn't be shocked to see us go LB and TE with the first couple of picks. But at this point it probably doesn't matter with the ongoing coaching and culture issues.
Nothing wrong with taking a LB high, screw TE though.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Surely we can beat the Bucs, right?
They've been very competitive as of late and have given teams who are playing better than we are a run for their money.

I would not consider us the favorite in this game, but it's not like it matters. 5 losses was the most we could afford without Romo, and we obviously already surpassed that mark last night, so the Bucs game doesn't matter one way or the other.

Top Bottom