Week 9 Gameday Chatter Thread | Eagles vs Cowboys| 11/8/2015

I'm not absolving the Defense at all but they were built to protect leads and when the offense doesn't build a substantial lead, the Defense falls apart.
Yeah but when was the last time they ever protected a lead? From the looks of it that unit was built wrong, because they don't protect shit!!

kidd

DCC 4Life
Maybe that design choice should be brought into question.
It most definitely should!

The Offense/Romo isn't going to bail you out every time. This team has essentially put everything on Romo.

To put this team on the back of one man is beyond idiotic. Hell even Michael Jordan had Scotty Pippen before he won a championship.

There is not another Qb in the league that is being asked to do what this team is asking and has been asking Romo to do for years.

And as much of a homer for Romo as I am, even I know he's not the Greatest QB in the league. Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers may be able to lead this team to a Super Bowl despite the utter failure from the coaching staff and front office but would it be fair to ask them to do so? I don't think so.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's okay, guys. Babe Laufenberg says by golly, this team just isn't good enough. Can't really expect them to be something they aren't, right?

Anything to avoid blaming his boy Garrett. Apparently this team is being coached to its absolute maximum potential.

Carl

RIP Brother
Al Michaels is a dick. But I don't know if I am interested anymore in this season. Sadly.

kidd

DCC 4Life
What's sad is I was over this team last off season.

I didn't expect anything out of them. In fact, I turned off the first game of the season at halftime and binge watched Breaking Bad instead. If I missed a game it wasn't that big a deal. Then they went on their run and sucked me right back in. After the off season we had had this year with 3 "1st rd picks" plus signing an elite pass rusher, I had some high hopes.

But Jerry never got a RB that we needed and the injuries have made this team give in. It sickens me to be a fan. I remember a few years back when Rothlisberger was injured, the defense carried the team until he returned. Our team can't even win one frickin game without Romo!

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It most definitely should!

The Offense/Romo isn't going to bail you out every time. This team has essentially put everything on Romo.

To put this team on the back of one man is beyond idiotic. Hell even Michael Jordan had Scotty Pippen before he won a championship.

There is not another Qb in the league that is being asked to do what this team is asking and has been asking Romo to do for years.

And as much of a homer for Romo as I am, even I know he's not the Greatest QB in the league. Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers may be able to lead this team to a Super Bowl despite the utter failure from the coaching staff and front office but would it be fair to ask them to do so? I don't think so.
Marinelli is good enough when things go perfectly according to plan but if the offense can't score enough to make the other team completely one dimensional, which means it probably needs to score on nearly every drive for the first six series because it won't start getting good until then and an offense that can run the football OR pass accurately into the 10 yard cushion they give up will be able to keep up with an offense that doesn't score like Baylor on crank.

Soft defenses like this never give you any momentum. They can't get you a turnover or a quick 3 and out to help you get that lead they depend on. The other team always seems to be able to move the ball and if they don't score they leave your offense in poor field position with a punt that captain fair catch will field inside the 6.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
And all were created by Greg Hardy. Where's that uber awesome highly paid Crawford?
I haven't heard his name called in quite some time. It's looking like this will be a bad contact as some of us suspected.

dallen

Senior Tech
Al Michaels is a dick. But I don't know if I am interested anymore in this season. Sadly.
After 20 years of this shit I starting to wonder if I am interested in it at all

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I never expected more than 2 wins from this team with Romo out but to lose twice in OT, once by 1 point and another game on a kickoff return for a TD is completely pathetic. To not be able to find a way to win one of those games is a joke and I think the front office, Stephen, Jerry, whoever is definitely taking notice of just how dependent the coaching staff is on Romo.

Garrett will never be fired this season but I think the front office looks at this team as having a 3 year window (2 after this season) with Romo, and I think that's just about how long Garrett will have unless we make a deep playoff run in that timeframe. If we finish 8-8 or worse next year I think Garrett will be gone, especially if Romo is injured again or looks like he is declining. The only reason to keep him around if we miss the playoffs next year is because you want to give Romo one more shot, but that is out the window if he looks like he's done and/or the team in general looks incapable of really competing.

Even with how shit this season has gone I still think a generally healthy team is a contender in the NFC, which is basically the only thing saving Garrett right now because I think the front office wants to let it ride with what we have instead of bringing in a new regime since the timeframe on Romo is so short. If the team is healthy next year and faceplants, I think they will clean house.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
After 20 years of this shit I starting to wonder if I am interested in it at all
I am done. Just tired of getting shit on. I would rather just be a bad team that gets blown out. And least you know what the issues are. This kind of crap only makes the idiots in charge think that the team is just unlucky.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I actually don’t want the wins. I’d rather stack up the L’s and get the higher draft pick. And if we’re lucky maybe Garrett is shown the door for this inexcusable losing streak.

Carp

DCC 4Life
We just finished up an exercise with extended hours...I was working 12-16 hours a day. Anyways, in the past I would stay up and just tough it out the next day...I will admit that I went to bed after halftime.

townsend

Banned
I wonder if we could steal Payton away from the Saints. He's probably the best guy to work with Romo, and the best guy to develop his replacement.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I actually don’t want the wins. I’d rather stack up the L’s and get the higher draft pick. And if we’re lucky maybe Garrett is shown the door for this inexcusable losing streak.
Garrett, Marinelli, and Linehan all got paid and extended in the off-season.

The same cast of characters will be back next year.

townsend

Banned
We just finished up an exercise with extended hours...I was working 12-16 hours a day. Anyways, in the past I would stay up and just tough it out the next day...I will admit that I went to bed after halftime.
You're smarter than I was. Had to get up at 5am today. Stayed up till we choked then couldn't get to sleep for another hour, because I was angry.

Top Bottom