User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hill: Gregory Suspended At Least One Year

Hill: Gregory Suspended At Least One Year

At least those fucks didn't wait until next week to do it while we were actually preparing for a game.

It sucks but it's not a huge immediate concern as I'm not even sure he would be active in the playoffs assuming Lawrence can play.

Obviously it sucks for next year but I had already written the guy off in many regards to begin with.

Re-sign McClain and roll with these 7 as your base going into the draft/free agency: Irving/McClain/Collins/Lawrence/Mayowa/Thornton/T.Crawford

Add in at least one premium pick on the DL, maybe re-sign J. Crawford depending on his cost, see if Tapper can give us anything and we should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    At least those fucks didn't wait until next week to do it while we were actually preparing for a game.

It sucks but it's not a huge immediate concern as I'm not even sure he would be active in the playoffs assuming Lawrence can play.

Obviously it sucks for next year but I had already written the guy off in many regards to begin with.

Re-sign McClain and roll with these 7 as your base going into the draft/free agency: Irving/McClain/Collins/Lawrence/Mayowa/Thornton/T.Crawford

Add in at least one premium pick on the DL, maybe re-sign J. Crawford depending on his cost, see if Tapper can give us anything and we should be fine.
    Yeah, I assumed this was coming the day before our playoff game.

So how exactly does a year suspension work? Does he get credit for the playoff games he is missing this season? Or does he just automatically have to sit out all of next year? Playoffs included? He should definitely appeal this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Brutal. I could feel this one coming though as soon as they made it clear it was not a 'court of law'.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

So how exactly does a year suspension work? Does he get credit for the playoff games he is missing this season? Or does he just automatically have to sit out all of next year? Playoffs included? He should definitely appeal this decision.
    This was his appeal.

He's going to basically be like Josh Gordon. Gone a whole year.

I don't see any reason why we would bother to even think about him coming back. Move on. We fucked up taking him. That's it.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Welp, his career is essentially over.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    This was his appeal.

He's going to basically be like Josh Gordon. Gone a whole year.

I don't see any reason why we would bother to even think about him coming back. Move on. We fucked up taking him. That's it.
    Yeah. Unless Jerry can get Pot off the targeted list in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

I think it's exactly just that... he will be eligible to play again 1/6/2017. The thing I don't like is the "at least" part? What does that mean? It's a year unless he has further violations? Or is he gone a year minimum and he is then eligible to return at the commissioners discretion?

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P_T View Post
    I think it's exactly just that... he will be eligible to play again 1/6/2017. The thing I don't like is the "at least" part? What does that mean? It's a year unless he has further violations? Or is he gone a year minimum and he is then eligible to return at the commissioners discretion?
    Well, since he can already start playing again tomorrow, this is great news!

2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Welp, his career is essentially over.
    Well his rookie contract is mostly fucked, but I don't think his career is over by a long shot.

He mainly needed to be eased in, not thrown to the wolves from day one.

The last thing a guy like this needed was additional pressure placed on him.

Nothing takes pressure off and builds confidence like incremental success.

But we threw this 230 pound kid up against NFL OT's from day one. Just not smart.