Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Heard that as well from another person.
If you are a real Bond fan, I guess you would feel better about it. You kind of have to be a real fan to get a lot out of it.

D

Deuce

If you are a real Bond fan, I guess you would feel better about it. You kind of have to be a real fan to get a lot out of it.
If you know the books, you can see what it's setting up and it will/should be awesome.

Carl

RIP Brother

Roger Moore is the best Bond.

Though this is rather amusing:

“SIR – Recent weeks have seen speculation that the actor Idris Elba might be selected to play the next James Bond. As various commentators have correctly pointed out, it is simply ridiculous to suggest that James Bond could be played by a black man. In Fleming’s books it is quite clear that Bond is a Scottish milkman called Sean (Rough Diamonds Are Forever, p94).

To recast Bond as a member of an ethnic minority is quite simply unrealistic and I suggest the producers forget about such fanciful politically correct gimmicks and return to the stark realism of the early Bond films, in which Bond nearly has his genitals cut off by a laser, or turns a car into a plane, or goes to space, or uses an ejector seat to throw villains from his Aston Martin, or defuses a nuclear bomb in thirty seconds, or has an invisible car, or arrives on a beach with a tuxedo on under his wetsuit, or defeats an entire base of heavily armed men, armed with nothing more than a pencil.

To turn Bond into a black man completely defeats the hard work the filmmakers have done to make him a plausible, nuanced and three dimensional character.

Sir Herbert Gusset

The Old Asylum

Loonraker

Somerset.”

D

Deuce

Roger Moore is the best Bond.
He stars in 2 of my favorites of the series, but he might be my least favorite Bond. He's a pussy in real life who doesn't believe in violence so forced the filmmakers to decrease in his films so he wouldn't have to participate.

Carl

RIP Brother
He stars in 2 of my favorites of the series, but he might be my least favorite Bond. He's a pussy in real life who doesn't believe in violence so forced the filmmakers to decrease in his films so he wouldn't have to participate.
But he is supposed to be a suave aloof English person; not Scottish or a Saffer. I am not a fan of the franchise, but Moore makes the most sense as Bond.

D

Deuce

But he is supposed to be a suave aloof English person; not Scottish or a Saffer. I am not a fan of the franchise, but Moore makes the most sense as Bond.
He's not real suave in the books either. Honestly, with the dry sense of humor and how forcefully they handled bad guys and women, Connery and Craig are the two better Bonds.

Plus Moore did Moonraker. Quite possibly one of the worst movies ever made.

Jiggyfly

Banned
According to what?

He was written as a hard-edged guy who could mix with all types.

And his dad was Scottish, his mother Swiss so he is definitely more Scottish than British.

I liked Moore as well but he was the pg 13 Bond.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I associate Bond with the more suave and debonair type. Connery was that too...he is made out as a roughneck, but he wasn't really.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION]

Your avatar reminded me of the documentary on the Tim Burton/Nic Cage Superman project.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2753778/

It is on Showtime this month. I recommend checking it out.

That movie thankfully was never made.

Tim Burton is a certified loon and would have set back super hero movies forever with that horrific movie.

I don't even mind the Cage Superman thing, maybe he could have done it.

It was the rest of the stupid shit he had planned.

Like this as Brainiac.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I thought that Jon Peters was the one that wanted a spider-like Brainiac.

D

Deuce

I liked The Final Girls. It's a good one if you want something on VOD. Farmiga is probably primed to break out.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Crossfire Hurricane is a very good doc on The Rolling Stones.

dallen

Senior Tech
I liked The Final Girls. It's a good one if you want something on VOD. Farmiga is probably primed to break out.
She was good on the first season of American Horror Story. I don't think I've seen her in anything else

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sony wants Matthew McConaughey to play the villain in its Dark Tower adaptation
By Sam Barsanti @sambarsanti
Nov 16, 2015 7:36 PM

The man in black fled across the desert, and it sounds like Matthew McConaughey might play him in Sony’s adaptation of Stephen King’s Dark Tower series. (Also, the gunslinger followed, but he hasn’t been cast yet.) That comes from Variety, which says Sony has offered McConaughey the role of The Man In Black, the villainous sorcerer who is also known as The Walkin’ Dude, The Dark Man, The Ageless Stranger, and (depending on how you feel about crazy fan theories) He Who Walks Behind The Rows. He also happens to be the same guy as Randall Flagg, the villain of The Stand, Eyes Of The Dragon, and every other Stephen King story where the bad guy’s initials are “R.F.” or his backstory is mysterious and unexplained. It is, in short, one of the single most important roles in any King adaptation ever.

Variety says McConaughey has the script for The Gunslinger, which will be the first of the Dark Tower movies, and now it’s just a matter of him deciding whether or not he wants the job. (Interestingly, McConaughey was rumored to be in talks for the role of Flagg in the upcoming adaptation of The Stand last year as well.) Flagg/The Man In Black has a pretty small role in the main plot of The Gunslinger and is mostly just there to be a shadowy villain who leaves terrible things in his wake that have to be cleaned up by the eponymous cowboy (the whole series is super weird), but he does go on a pretty big exposition dump at the end about things that are important to the Dark Tower series as a whole. That means McConaughey probably wouldn’t have a ton to do in The Gunslinger, but like Thanos in the Avengers movies, he’s really just there to set up that bad stuff is going to go down in the future.

Either way, this seems like a pretty bananas casting decision, given McConaughey’s…everything, but the Randall Flagg who shows up in The Stand is supposed to be a deceptively cool dude who gets people to follow him cause they think he’s rad, and McConaughey could probably play that easily. Basically, take McConaughey’s character from True Detective and make him an otherworldly agent of pure evil, and you might actually have a good start on The Man In Black. And yet he’s still Matthew McConaughey, so this is a tough call.

Danish director Nikolaj Arcel has signed on to direct The Gunslinger, which Sony has slotted into a January 13, 2017 release date. Considering that this adaptation has been in the works for a very long time, though, there’s still a good chance it won’t actually happen.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Sony wants Matthew McConaughey to play the villain in its Dark Tower adaptation
By Sam Barsanti @sambarsanti
Nov 16, 2015 7:36 PM

The man in black fled across the desert, and it sounds like Matthew McConaughey might play him in Sony’s adaptation of Stephen King’s Dark Tower series. (Also, the gunslinger followed, but he hasn’t been cast yet.) That comes from Variety, which says Sony has offered McConaughey the role of The Man In Black, the villainous sorcerer who is also known as The Walkin’ Dude, The Dark Man, The Ageless Stranger, and (depending on how you feel about crazy fan theories) He Who Walks Behind The Rows. He also happens to be the same guy as Randall Flagg, the villain of The Stand, Eyes Of The Dragon, and every other Stephen King story where the bad guy’s initials are “R.F.” or his backstory is mysterious and unexplained. It is, in short, one of the single most important roles in any King adaptation ever.

Variety says McConaughey has the script for The Gunslinger, which will be the first of the Dark Tower movies, and now it’s just a matter of him deciding whether or not he wants the job. (Interestingly, McConaughey was rumored to be in talks for the role of Flagg in the upcoming adaptation of The Stand last year as well.) Flagg/The Man In Black has a pretty small role in the main plot of The Gunslinger and is mostly just there to be a shadowy villain who leaves terrible things in his wake that have to be cleaned up by the eponymous cowboy (the whole series is super weird), but he does go on a pretty big exposition dump at the end about things that are important to the Dark Tower series as a whole. That means McConaughey probably wouldn’t have a ton to do in The Gunslinger, but like Thanos in the Avengers movies, he’s really just there to set up that bad stuff is going to go down in the future.

Either way, this seems like a pretty bananas casting decision, given McConaughey’s…everything, but the Randall Flagg who shows up in The Stand is supposed to be a deceptively cool dude who gets people to follow him cause they think he’s rad, and McConaughey could probably play that easily. Basically, take McConaughey’s character from True Detective and make him an otherworldly agent of pure evil, and you might actually have a good start on The Man In Black. And yet he’s still Matthew McConaughey, so this is a tough call.

Danish director Nikolaj Arcel has signed on to direct The Gunslinger, which Sony has slotted into a January 13, 2017 release date. Considering that this adaptation has been in the works for a very long time, though, there’s still a good chance it won’t actually happen.

:picard

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Finally got around to Jurassic World. Wasn't all that impressed.

Had to pick another movie at Redbox for my freebie. I ended up with a Kevin Bacon flick I have never heard of before called Cop Car. It wasn't bad in comparison.

Top Bottom