User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jerry Jones defends Tony Romo, Jason Witten trip to Cabo in 2007

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    It was a perfect storm because he took Jessica Simpson and they were photographed grab-assing.

She's credited with the Cowboys losing to Philly late in the year, and Romo definitely was off in that game.

But in the playoffs, Romo was clawing back into the game and we ran into two bad (stupidly bad) penalties and a drop in a key late drive. We then shanked the punt and allowed a 20+ yard return. That turned the game.

You never see Brady's comeback drives end that way. Only in Dallas.
    Romo had a bad game to be sure but to pin this game solely on him is unfair. But when it comes to Romo, too many people have that bobbled snap stuck in their head.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Romo had a bad game to be sure but to pin this game solely on him is unfair. But when it comes to Romo, too many people have that bobbled snap stuck in their head.
    That offense wasn't the same after Owens got hurt. I think Romo was in a bad spot with a gimp Owens, a rusty gimp Terry Glenn, and a useless Patrick Crayton. That was a lousy position to put Romo into, and facing a murderers row of Tuck, Strahan, and Osi, without your biggest weapon.

IIRC, there was a dubious intentional grounding penalty on Romo late in the game, and a personal foul on Flo(?) which killed another drive

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Had to have a little something going for him to earn all the passing records of Dallas.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    IIRC, there was a dubious intentional grounding penalty on Romo late in the game, and a personal foul on Flo(?) which killed another drive
    That was a bs call I remember he was out of the pocket and threw it out of bounds and got called for intentional grounding.

I don't remember Flo getting called but I do remember Burnette getting called for a personal foul right before the half and keeping a Giants drive alive to help them score before halftime and swing momentum. We never could swing it back our way afterwards.