Cowboys exploring a trade for Sheldon Richardson?

GShock

DCC 4Life
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/11/jets_trying_to_trade_sheldon_richardson_to_cowboys.html

his weekend, a source confirmed to NJ Advance Media that the Jets had taken calls regarding a possible trade for defensive end Sheldon Richardson.

But apparently, they aren't just answering the phone.

According to a report from ESPN, the Jets have called the Cowboys to see if Dallas has any interest in acquiring the 2013 Defensive Rookie of the Year. The two teams have until 4 p.m. Tuesday (today) afternoon to get a deal done.

Richardson, who will turn 26 next month, is on the trade block largely because of the Jets' surplus of 3-4 defensive ends. The team signed Muhammad Wilkerson to a long-term contract this offseason, and selected Leonard Wiliams with the No. 6 pick in the 2015 draft. Head coach Todd Bowles has experimented with ways to get Wilkerson, Richardson and Williams all on the field together, but nothing has really worked.

If the Jets are willing to deal Richardson for a reasonable price, he's an interesting available name. He's young, immensely talented, and under contract for a reasonable price ($3.094 million cap hit this season, $8.069 million in 2017) these next two years. The issue? Many view him as a two-strike player.

He was suspended four games last year after failing a drug test. He was suspended one game this year for an off-field incident involving street racing.

Originally selected by the Jets in the first round of the 2013 draft, Richardson has established himself as one of the NFL's better defensive linemen. In his three-plus seasons, the 6-3, 294-pound playmaker has 207 total tackles, 18 sacks and four forced fumbles.

He was voted to the Pro Bowl in 2014.

This year, Richardson has 28 tackles and 1.5 sacks playing a combination of defensive end, defensive tackle, inside linebacker and outside linebacker.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not happening per Todd Archer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he didn't have the strikes against him I'd be all in. The problem is we don't need another guy who is ready for a 4 or 10 game suspension.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If he didn't have the strikes against him I'd be all in. The problem is we don't need another guy who is ready for a 4 or 10 game suspension.
That was my problem with it as well. Especially given the money.

Top Bottom