PFT: Photos of Greg Hardy domestic assualt victim emerge

Carp

DCC 4Life
You guys are kind of retarded at times. You realize our team is in the wrong - no? We hired a POS knowing he was a POS. We deserve all the negative attention this is bringing. Well maybe not us personally, but certainly the organization and Jones specifically.

It's not about bleeding hearts. It's about right and wrong and enriching a guy who deserves to be in jail.
How much negative publicity are the Minnesota Vikings getting for bringing back Peterson?

The team is not in the wrong to sign a player who is free and clear to sign with any team. The Jags, Colts, Titans, and Raiders all had interest in him before he signed with Dallas, so let's not make this out like the Cowboys and Jones were alone in having interest in him.

People can point to Ray Rice being out as a sign that teams get it, but I guarantee he would be on a roster right now if he could still produce.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You guys are kind of retarded at times. You realize our team is in the wrong - no? We hired a POS knowing he was a POS. We deserve all the negative attention this is bringing. Well maybe not us personally, but certainly the organization and Jones specifically.

It's not about bleeding hearts. It's about right and wrong and enriching a guy who deserves to be in jail.
you're joking, right? Whether he deserves to be in jail or not, that's the court system's job, not the NFL, not the Cowboys. The legal system did its job, right or wrong. The league made its own evaluation and punished him accordingly. He's now available to play. In all reality, he was out for 19 games because of this incident. Forget about the inconsistencies in this woman's story, forget about the fact that she's a coke whore, forget about the fact that this woman went batshit insane on Hardy in public, with witnesses,2 days prior to this incident, and forget about the fact that the prosecutors could have gone forward with the case against Hardy if they felt like they could get a conviction or the fact that a prosecutor said he had doubts about the woman's testimony. Forget about all that if you want to be judge, jury and executioner. He sat for 19 games including the official league suspension of 4. The moral crusade won. He served a massive amount of time, far more than was warranted under the league's conduct policy.

So how are the cowboys in the wrong? They signed a player who eventually did his time. Or do you believe people with one misdemeanor incident should never work in their profession again?

So yes, this has everything to do with fucking bleeding hearts. Nothing has changed here. The league already saw these pictures, which is why he was initially slapped with 10 games.

Genghis Khan

I'm firmly against domestic violence and it wouldn't have bothered me at all if the 10 game suspension stood.... But I don't think one incident of domestic violence should result in a lifetime ban which is what a lot of these people seem to want.
Exactly. People seem to forget this was a misdemeanor. Even if convicted, it wouldn't have been a significant legal punishment. But he should be banned from his job for life? GTFO.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

:lol Your knowledge of the legal system in America is what's retarded. But go on, tell me how we are in the wrong for hiring a man who is innocent in the eyes of America's legal system. Sorry, I don't give a shit about a picture of some bruises. You do realize we have a legal system to handle these things right? Maybe I'm jaded because I actually see these cases all the time and rarely are they clean cut. This thought that she was just some nice girl that got the crap beat out of her are almost certainly not true. It's usually more like two people doing wrong things.

And still I don't care either way. I root for a football team. I don't root for what these guys do off the field.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Somehow these pictures weren't a big deal. I've seen the Hardy pictures and I find them far less egregious.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'll disagree with that. people across the board committ domestic violence - everyday professions. You just hear about NFL players cuz of the video/images and Goodell has setup this witch hunt of an environment.
That's kind of my point. People want to make a big deal about Hardy or Rice and pretend like they are these one off things and once these bad men are punished all will be right. The problem is deeper and a lot more complicated than that. But it makes people feel better so they can buy jerseys and gamble with a clear conscience.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's kind of my point. People want to make a big deal about Hardy or Rice and pretend like they are these one off things and once these bad men are punished all will be right. The problem is deeper and a lot more complicated than that. But it makes people feel better so they can buy jerseys and gamble with a clear conscience.
Not to mention it's clear to me at least that both of them caused physical injury to each other. They both had been drinking and she had been doing drugs. So now how exactly am I supposed to determine that the story she is telling is accurate but not Hardy's story? I've seen the pictures, they don't really make sense with her story. I've actually seen the markings on a persons neck from being choked, the pictures of her show no evidence of that. I'm willing to bet her story is at least partially bullshit and probably so is his. It pisses me off when people pretend to know what actually happened.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Can we all agree that he is a POS for smacking this woman around? I mean, do you people really support this jerk?

If you sign a guy that is violent towards women you will get a ton of backlash. Do we blame the media for that or Hardy or the Cowboys?
Yep. I mean, I'm not outraged or anything, but what do people expect when you sign a guy like this? This is exactly the reason we got him in the first place, because no one else wanted to do with the backlash. I mean it's not like Carolina didn't know he could play.

Jerry knew something like this could happen and the old wildcatter took the risk. He'll deal with it like he has 100 other troubled players here and not worry about it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
For all I know the local HEB employs a manager that slapped his wife around. People who have caught domestic violence charges work everywhere so yeah, I pretty much have to continue to do business as normal, with a clear conscience.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jerry knew something like this could happen and the old wildcatter took the risk. He'll deal with it like he has 100 other troubled players here and not worry about it.
So far I'd say the risk is paying off. We have been getting an all-pro performance out of him on the field. I watch the Cowboys because I enjoy football. I don't watch them for anything other then football. I guess some people are Cowboys' fans because of the charity work they do? I'm not.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So far I'd say the risk is paying off. We have been getting an all-pro performance out of him on the field. I watch the Cowboys because I enjoy football. I don't watch them for anything other then football. I guess some people are Cowboys' fans because of the charity work they do? I'm not.
That's definitely the consensus around here.

I don't like the guy and wouldn't have signed him, but I understand not caring also. We all draw the line somewhere. What if this were an OJ situation and he'd hacked a person up and gotten off, would you still not care? Just curious.

One thing I do think could be a concern is the locker room impact. Probably most teammates don't care, but I bet a few do. Wonder what Witten thinks in his heart of hearts considering he came from an abusive background.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

It all depends on what your standards are. Everyone has their knits. If we had a convicted pedo out there would you care?

It honestly didn't effect me being a fan other than the fact that I know that he is a low life.

I am amazed that folks are complaining about the way that the media is handling it. That's just what is going to happen. I accept the fact that team will be highlighted every time something comes up.

Genghis Khan

It all depends on what your standards are. Everyone has their knits. If we had a convicted pedo out there would you care?

It honestly didn't effect me being a fan other than the fact that I know that he is a low life.

I am amazed that folks are complaining about the way that the media is handling it. That's just what is going to happen. I accept the fact that team will be highlighted every time something comes up.
Rafael Septien. I believe it was after his playing days, but still. He was pretty good. :unsure

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

The hard thing about your example is that a convicted pedo is in prison. An innocent (Legally speaking) Hardy isn't going to be in jail. By the way, I can promise you that the person serving you food at the restaurant has been accused of domestic violence or working on your car or building your road or selling your groceries. These cases are far more common then most people realize and a lot of them don't end in convictions for the reasons I have stated before.

I don't care about the media. Although I do find it hilarious when I compare the way the media treats Hardy with the way the media treated AP.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To answer your question, if he wins us a superbowl, I'll look the other direction.. :unsure The legal system is responsible for taking care of pedophiles.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
To answer your question, if he wins us a superbowl, I'll look the other direction.. :unsure The legal system is responsible for taking care of pedophiles.
The situation is this. There is a legal system and there is a moral/ ethical conviction. Sometimes they are the same sometimes they are not. In the Hardy example there are clear arguments for both but they will not merge. A person can take a stand either way and be correct without having to accept the other side.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
Our history as Cowboys fans says as much...Michael Irvin anyone?

We carry on about how guys should be unselfish, upstanding, and good team mates...yet when Mike stabbed McIver in the neck because he felt he took his turn in the barber's chair, we collectively looked the other way. Playmaker!

Last edited:

BipolarFuk

Demoted
If Hardy played baseball he would have missed 192 games over this. Let that sink in.

D

Deuce

If Hardy played baseball he would have missed 192 games over this. Let that sink in.
He missed an entire season too between his suspensions at Carolina and Dallas.

Oh, and I don't give a shit. He did a horrible thing and served his sentence. Everyone should move on.

Top Bottom