2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Since Gore didn't come into office with an edict of finding a way into Iraq I'd have gone with him in retrospect, also his cabinet wouldn't have been a bunch of Sycophants from Bush Sr's administration.

That isn't to say Gore would be good. But not going to war with Iraq would have saved several trillion dollars and 10 thousand military lives. Not to mention ISIS would have never existed.
Gore's environmental agenda was way ahead of any form of technology that could appease it. Given executive control over the EPA, he could have singlehandedly destroyed the US economy.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Speaking of Gore, he's so concerned about teh climate change and rising sea levels that he bought an $8 million beach front home a few years ago.

The rising seas... :panic

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I chuckle a lot about the rising sea theory. Try an experiment. Fill a glass with ice cubes all the way to the top. Then fill the glass with water. Set the glass on the table and let the ice melt. Surprise! It doesn't run over. In fact the water line will lower. The reason is that when water freezes it expands and occupies more space. When it melts it contracts and occupies less space. The majority of ice and frozen matter is in the ocean already. If the surface snow and ice on the polar regions melted it is not likely it will raise the sea level significantly.

townsend

Banned
Gore's environmental agenda was way ahead of any form of technology that could appease it. Given executive control over the EPA, he could have singlehandedly destroyed the US economy.
That's what I heard Obama was going to do, low and behold we produce so much oil the market bottoms out.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That's what I heard Obama was going to do, low and behold we produce so much oil the market bottoms out.
Obama hasn't spent his entire career trying to make the environment his main thing. Gore would have made it his baby the way Obama has concentrating on worsening race relations.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I chuckle a lot about the rising sea theory. Try an experiment. Fill a glass with ice cubes all the way to the top. Then fill the glass with water. Set the glass on the table and let the ice melt. Surprise! It doesn't run over. In fact the water line will lower. The reason is that when water freezes it expands and occupies more space. When it melts it contracts and occupies less space. The majority of ice and frozen matter is in the ocean already. If the surface snow and ice on the polar regions melted it is not likely it will raise the sea level significantly.
Really?:lol

So please explain why the coastlines have changed dramatically over the course of time and that sealevel changes can be tracked changing just over the last 100 years.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Obama hasn't spent his entire career trying to make the environment his main thing. Gore would have made it his baby the way Obama has concentrating on worsening race relations.
Wow, that explains a lot if that is what you really think, you are really delusional.

Clay you are a intelligent guy who used to give some more nuanced and intellectual thoughts to these type of things.

I am not saying Obama does not deserve some legitimate criticism as president, but come on dude.

townsend

Banned
You do understand Obama's been incredibly proactive on climate change, and he hasn't had the all republican congress Gore would have faced. As far as economically ruinous policies go, your delusional if you think environmental legislation would have been close to the multi-trillion dollar sink hole that was Iraq.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Really?:lol

So please explain why the coastlines have changed dramatically over the course of time and that sealevel changes can be tracked changing just over the last 100 years.
The scientific community work tell you that the coast lines and continents have been changing for centuries. Much of it is attributed to faults and shifting plates. It isn't just ice melting. The entire world has gone through a large transformation if again you want to believe the scientific community.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The scientific community work tell you that the coast lines and continents have been changing for centuries. Much of it is attributed to faults and shifting plates. It isn't just ice melting. The entire world has gone through a large transformation if again you want to believe the scientific community.
And the ice age and changing climate has affected those thingy as well.

And none of that fits your ice cube in a glass analogy.:dunce

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The far left environmentalists have been trying to get their extreme agenda passed for decades. 'Climate change' is the latest issue they can use to fear-monger with in order to win approval for that agenda.

In order to save the planet and stop climate change the liberal extremist environmental agenda of the last 40 years just happens to coincidentally be the solution. Funny how that works.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Wow, that explains a lot if that is what you really think, you are really delusional.

Clay you are a intelligent guy who used to give some more nuanced and intellectual thoughts to these type of things.

I am not saying Obama does not deserve some legitimate criticism as president, but come on dude.
He inserts himself into every race related news story, including getting suckered into that clock/hoax bomb deal that looks in retrospect like a set up publicity stunt. Overall, IMO acting like Al Sharpton with a bigger audience doesn't help anything, but he has to do it like he's chasing ambulances.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You do understand Obama's been incredibly proactive on climate change, and he hasn't had the all republican congress Gore would have faced. As far as economically ruinous policies go, your delusional if you think environmental legislation would have been close to the multi-trillion dollar sink hole that was Iraq.
I don't know if any president has the ability to resist going to war. Obama couldn't even get us out of there in his first term and both parties want to go back to war so I don't think it's either/or.

I think considering how much tech has been developed from 2000 to now, we have the ability to keep pace with most of what Obama wants. I think Gore would have wanted to do something ruinously drastic, like when Nixon made all US automobiles suck overnight by ordering them to comply with regulations that they basically didn't have the tech to meet without making horrible, underpowered, unreliable cars. Except it could just be something easy like having the EPA shut down every coal burning plant in the country with some hairbrained scheme to replace them all with something unreliable like windmills because the left is still terrified of Nuclear power for no reason.

townsend

Banned
I don't know if any president has the ability to resist going to war. Obama couldn't even get us out of there in his first term and both parties want to go back to war so I don't think it's either/or.

I think considering how much tech has been developed from 2000 to now, we have the ability to keep pace with most of what Obama wants. I think Gore would have wanted to do something ruinously drastic, like when Nixon made all US automobiles suck overnight by ordering them to comply with regulations that they basically didn't have the tech to meet without making horrible, underpowered, unreliable cars. Except it could just be something easy like having the EPA shut down every coal burning plant in the country with some hairbrained scheme to replace them all with something unreliable like windmills because the left is still terrified of Nuclear power for no reason.
It's true that every single president has ended up messing with the Middle East. Only one ever steeped us into two decade long quagmires. H.W. was content to topple Saddam's forces and GTFO. Clinton was happy to bomb this shit out of Iraq when there was no call for it, so people would stop talking about his penis. Obama is happy to drop every bomb we've ever made, and train up a lone Syrian to fight in our stead. Treating W's fuck up as an inevitable war fails to give him credit for all of the extraordinary effort Bush's administration went into to lie to the nation, waste trillions, and kill 10,000 U.S. Soldiers. Just assuming anyone could achieve that kind of thoughtful, planned out, deliberate fuck up is ridiculous.

Have we forgotten the state of the day Union when W had worked his will, or rather ruined everything and melted into a puddle? We were at the heart of the largest economic downturn since the Great Depression. Is your assumption that Gore would manage to top that? That a guy who was the Vice President to the "great compromisor" BJ Clinton would thumb his nose in the face of an all republican house and senate, and hamstring the economy without an ounce of pragmatism? This was before the antipartisan divide. Republicans and Democrats hadn't ruined all bipartisan trust yet by shoving a war and a healthcare plan up each other's asses.

I don't know how bad off we were back then tech wise, we've had windmills in TX for over a decade now. I'm not saying a more ambitious plan wouldn't have caused some problems economically. But you can't compare that to the catastrophe that was the Bush presidency.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's true that every single president has ended up messing with the Middle East. Only one ever steeped us into two decade long quagmires. H.W. was content to topple Saddam's forces and GTFO. Clinton was happy to bomb this shit out of Iraq when there was no call for it, so people would stop talking about his penis. Obama is happy to drop every bomb we've ever made, and train up a lone Syrian to fight in our stead. Treating W's fuck up as an inevitable war fails to give him credit for all of the extraordinary effort Bush's administration went into to lie to the nation, waste trillions, and kill 10,000 U.S. Soldiers. Just assuming anyone could achieve that kind of thoughtful, planned out, deliberate fuck up is ridiculous.

Have we forgotten the state of the day Union when W had worked his will, or rather ruined everything and melted into a puddle? We were at the heart of the largest economic downturn since the Great Depression. Is your assumption that Gore would manage to top that? That a guy who was the Vice President to the "great compromisor" BJ Clinton would thumb his nose in the face of an all republican house and senate, and hamstring the economy without an ounce of pragmatism? This was before the antipartisan divide. Republicans and Democrats hadn't ruined all bipartisan trust yet by shoving a war and a healthcare plan up each other's asses.

I don't know how bad off we were back then tech wise, we've had windmills in TX for over a decade now. I'm not saying a more ambitious plan wouldn't have caused some problems economically. But you can't compare that to the catastrophe that was the Bush presidency.
Touche.:lol

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

It's true, Bush Jr was the only one dumb, and I think naive and trusting enough to let the trash left over from his dad's failed administration run his administration for him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don't think Obama has intentionally done it, but I think he absolutely has caused race relations to get worse regardless. The way he has acted and dealt with racial issues has only caused things to get worse.

townsend

Banned
I don't think Obama has intentionally done it, but I think he absolutely has caused race relations to get worse regardless. The way he has acted and dealt with racial issues has only caused things to get worse.
Obama hasn't exactly killed it race relations-wise. But he also happened to be the first guy to be president when everyone in the country had the ability tape police officers. This was going to go poorly regardless of who had to deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom