Joseph Randle waived

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully this is shaping up like that Spurs season when Robinson went down and they ended up being able to draft Duncan.
If we don't make the playoffs I hope so. I don't want to get Romo back and then win enough to get to 7-9 or 8-8. Just seems like a waste. I've already suffered this far through the shit season. If I'm not going to make the playoffs I want a shot to get an elite talent at the top of the draft. Hell maybe even a QB.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
If we don't make the playoffs I hope so. I don't want to get Romo back and then win enough to get to 7-9 or 8-8. Just seems like a waste. I've already suffered this far through the shit season. If I'm not going to make the playoffs I want a shot to get an elite talent at the top of the draft. Hell maybe even a QB.

We were talking about this the other day. Surely this scenario has occurred to them. In addition, I think they ought to let the Boise St kid start a couple of games. Might as well see if we have something.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We were talking about this the other day. Surely this scenario has occurred to them. In addition, I think they ought to let the Boise St kid start a couple of games. Might as well see if we have something.
The hard part is, Romo comes back and we are 2-7. There is just barely enough of a window that if we win out and go 9-7 we could make the playoffs. You know damn well the Cowboys won't just not play Romo even though the playoff chances are beyond slim. NFL teams just don't give up on seasons. Now if Romo was still hurt they may be able to justify sitting him the rest of the year. If he is healthy he will play though and we will probably start to win again.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The hard part is, Romo comes back and we are 2-7. There is just barely enough of a window that if we win out and go 9-7 we could make the playoffs. You know damn well the Cowboys won't just not play Romo even though the playoff chances are beyond slim. NFL teams just don't give up on seasons. Now if Romo was still hurt they may be able to justify sitting him the rest of the year. If he is healthy he will play though and we will probably start to win again.
Starting this week Dallas should get to 3-5. I have a feeling there has been a come to Jesus meeting with the coaching staff.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Starting this week Dallas should get to 3-5. I have a feeling there has been a come to Jesus meeting with the coaching staff.
Well I think Stephen coming out and basically saying 0-5 is unacceptable kind of tells you something. Clearly the people above Garrett are getting impatient with the way he is doing things in Romo's absence. You'd think that would impress upon Garrett that the ultra conservative dump off game that has gotten us to 0-5 won't cut it any longer.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well I think Stephen coming out and basically saying 0-5 is unacceptable kind of tells you something. Clearly the people above Garrett are getting impatient with the way he is doing things in Romo's absence. You'd think that would impress upon Garrett that the ultra conservative dump off game that has gotten us to 0-5 won't cut it any longer.
If he doesn't get it by now he is passed being able to ever leading this team.to a successful championship run.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we are 3-6 when Romo gets back I think we have a great chance to win the division, I used to say 4-5 but the division has been even worse than I thought it would be. With that said, I think the most likely scenario is that we win 6-8 games and end up picking around 12-18.

I'd say there is about a 15% chance that we completely tank, winning 5 or less games and getting a top 5-10 pick, probably about a 65% chance that we win 6-8, picking around 12-18 and about a 20% chance that we win the division with 9 or 10 wins.

Picking between 12-18 is probably too late for the QB's, especially since I think we'd be closer to 18 than 12, and we'd probably be picking between guys like Reggie Ragland, Ezekiel Elliott, Shaq Lawson, Myles Jack, etc.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If we are 3-6 when Romo gets back I think we have a great chance to win the division, I used to say 4-5 but the division has been even worse than I thought it would be. With that said, I think the most likely scenario is that we win 6-8 games and end up picking around 12-18.

I'd say there is about a 15% chance that we completely tank, winning 5 or less games and getting a top 5-10 pick, probably about a 65% chance that we win 6-8, picking around 12-18 and about a 20% chance that we win the division with 9 or 10 wins.

Picking between 12-18 is probably too late for the QB's, especially since I think we'd be closer to 18 than 12, and we'd probably be picking between guys like Reggie Ragland, Ezekiel Elliott, Shaq Lawson, Myles Jack, etc.
I would love Ragland, let's you stop relying on the unstable Mclain and if he keeps it together he could play SOLB for a few years.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

townsend

Banned
:towel eff him! This is football, not the boys and girls club of America. We hire weirdos and criminals because they win games. If you wanna be a starting running back for a 4 Billion dollar franchise, you better have your shit together.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
After the Ratliff meltdown, I'd be cutting a crazy player from as far away as possible.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd have just put up a billboard along the route from his house to the facility.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't like Randle at all, but I think that is a shitty way to cut the guy. Could have done it face to face. I suppose that may have made Garrett's emotion chip overload, but hey.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So Jerry spoke with the staff?
I don't know about that but Stephen indicated that the past 5 games were unacceptable so I am assuming that was conveyed to the coaching staff.

Top Bottom