Birth of a New Eagles/Cowboys Rivalry

MikeRod72

Brand New Member
First and foremost, what a great game last night by both teams. They both played hard, both had chances to win. The Cowboys took advantage and the Eagles did not. When I hear someone say the Eagles lost that game rather than the Cowboys winning it is such horseshit. Nothing is given to anyone in the NFL. Everything is earned. That being said, I believe a new rivalry has been born. Not just between the Cowboys and the Eagles. But between Carson Wentz and Rayne Dakota Prescott. I believe these two team will dominate the NFC East for the next 8-10 seasons. With Eli getting older, albeit still good, and Kirk being....well......Kirk, these two young quarterbacks and young teams have bright futures to look forward to. I was fortunate to be a small child in the 70's and watching my father cheer on Roger Staubach and Tony Dorsett. I was in my late teens during the 90's championship teams and now my two sons are witnessing the era of Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott. Definitely a generational family thing going on with my family. Look forward to the future. GO COWBOYS!!!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
First and foremost, what a great game last night by both teams. They both played hard, both had chances to win. The Cowboys took advantage and the Eagles did not. When I hear someone say the Eagles lost that game rather than the Cowboys winning it is such horseshit. Nothing is given to anyone in the NFL. Everything is earned. That being said, I believe a new rivalry has been born. Not just between the Cowboys and the Eagles. But between Carson Wentz and Rayne Dakota Prescott. I believe these two team will dominate the NFC East for the next 8-10 seasons. With Eli getting older, albeit still good, and Kirk being....well......Kirk, these two young quarterbacks and young teams have bright futures to look forward to. I was fortunate to be a small child in the 70's and watching my father cheer on Roger Staubach and Tony Dorsett. I was in my late teens during the 90's championship teams and now my two sons are witnessing the era of Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott. Definitely a generational family thing going on with my family. Look forward to the future. GO COWBOYS!!!
This rivalry has been going on for many years. The only thing different about last nights game was the hype about two rookie QBs.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
My first son was born in 92, and hasn't been able to see the glory days of the Cowboys. Well, unless you count Jones and his Glory Hole stories :unsure. Um, anyways...its really cool for him to be able to watch Dak and Zeke run thru these first 7 games as the future of the franchise.

Football is fun again in our family!

And...F the Eagles!!!

MikeRod72

Brand New Member
This rivalry has been going on for many years. The only thing different about last nights game was the hype about two rookie QBs.
I understand it's been going on for many years. Been watching it since the 70's. But there's been new life injected into this rivalry because of the two rookie quarterbacks. Every few years the rivalries with the Cowboys change. They alternate with the teams of the NFC East. In my father's day it was all about the Redskins. When I was growing up it was more the Giants. Theres been a few other stretches where it's alternated but I believe this one will be a sustained rivalry because of the age of the two rookies and Zeke. That's all I was saying.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I understand it's been going on for many years. Been watching it since the 70's. But there's been new life injected into this rivalry because of the two rookie quarterbacks. Every few years the rivalries with the Cowboys change. They alternate with the teams of the NFC East. In my father's day it was all about the Redskins. When I was growing up it was more the Giants. Theres been a few other stretches where it's alternated but I believe this one will be a sustained rivalry because of the age of the two rookies and Zeke. That's all I was saying.
Okay.

Top Bottom