User Tag List

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mock Drafts

Quote Originally Posted by GForce78NJ View Post
    I'm calling Fournette a bust in the NFL. Not because of his athletic talent but strictly because I think he will battle the injury bug. The guy can flat out play and chances are I will eat my words, but I also agree Dalvin Cook will be the better of the two.
    This is what I thought with Gurley as well. Of course he made me eat those words as a rookie and then slumped like no other as a sophomore. So who really knows. But I thought all those injuries in college would continue at the NFL level.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I think they're both going to be great. It's McCaffrey I don't trust. I think he'll be a nice complimentary player for someone, but not give the type of production you want a 1st rounder to give.
    McCaffrey is a bit difficult to judge. First of all we aren't use to seeing a white RB. And it just feels weird to be talking about a white RB being that highly drafted.

I like him but I could see him being more of a jack of all trades type RB. A guy who can make a big impact as a receiver/RB/Utility guy but who maybe is never a 1500 yard rusher. He just doesn't look to have the bulk to have a big carry load in the NFL. But I've also seen first hand how dynamic the guy can be as a receiver. And he is a hell of a good athlete as well. So maybe he is a RB who only gets you 800-1000 yards rushing but I think he will have a long NFL career in a platoon role. He screams NE Patriots.

McCaffrey is a poor (white) man's version of Marshall Faulk. Faulk barely ever carried it over 300 times in a season but he also caught about 70 balls a year.

McCaffrey won't be as good, nor do I think he can handle 250 carries a year like Faulk, but I do think it's fair to call him a poor man's version.

As for Fournette, I think he's overrated because of how aesthetically impressive he is. People love to see the tall, lean running backs who gallop with speed and power, but I think in some cases that body type and running style can lead to injuries as it does with Fournette. Of course Peterson also had injury issues in college and got over them for the most part in the NFL, so Fournette could also, but I'd take a squattier, lower center of gravity RB like Elliott 10 times out of 10 over the tall, lean guys like Fournette.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Oh, no question. Davis is a complete threat.
    I just don't want the god damned Eagles to get him, he's surely one of my pet cats at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    McCaffrey is a bit difficult to judge. First of all we aren't use to seeing a white RB. And it just feels weird to be talking about a white RB being that highly drafted.

I like him but I could see him being more of a jack of all trades type RB. A guy who can make a big impact as a receiver/RB/Utility guy but who maybe is never a 1500 yard rusher. He just doesn't look to have the bulk to have a big carry load in the NFL. But I've also seen first hand how dynamic the guy can be as a receiver. And he is a hell of a good athlete as well. So maybe he is a RB who only gets you 800-1000 yards rushing but I think he will have a long NFL career in a platoon role. He screams NE Patriots.
    I think he'll be a bigger Danny Woodhead. Something like what we hoped Felix Jones would be. But that's not worth a 1st rounder to me.

I think he'll be a bigger Danny Woodhead. Something like what we hoped Felix Jones would be. But that's not worth a 1st rounder to me.
    Depends on the team. With the Patriots? Well worth the late first.

He is still a dynamic player. It is not his fault that teams have to find a way to use him right.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Depends on the team. With the Patriots? Well worth the late first.

He is still a dynamic player. It is not his fault that teams have to find a way to use him right.
    I dont think it's worth it for them either. Their pass rush sucks, they need to figure QB of the future out if Garrapolo is gone and they always seem to get productivity out of their backs. He'd be nice for them, but not a lot more than they got out of Vereen a few years ago and they let him walk.

I dont think it's worth it for them either. Their pass rush sucks, they need to figure QB of the future out if Garrapolo is gone and they always seem to get productivity out of their backs. He'd be nice for them, but not a lot more than they got out of Vereen a few years ago and they let him walk.
    You don't understand how Belichick loves him some smart white guy players.

Waaaaaaaay better then Vereen. Better then Dion Lewis circa 2015. And better then Woodhead.

But it will take the right team. I don't think for example that Dallas would be able to use him correctly (if we didn't have Elliott) to make him worth a first round pick. The Patriots however understand how to use a guy with that skillset. So do the Cardinals.

All I know is that I'd love it if we drafted Taco Charlton. Aside from him being a great pass rusher, we'd finally have a decent fucking taco in Dallas.
    No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.