User Tag List

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mock Drafts

Taco or bust!!
    #Fire Garrett

2. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Willis from Kansas State also looks good, but may be a LDE only. Fits as an RKG too.
    Indeed, it's a good group of DE's, we may be able to get a guy like him or Harold Landry in the 2nd or Dawuane Smoot in the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    I have to disagree with McShay's Fournette over Cook positioning.

I think Cook's game transitions better to what modern NFL offenses are running. Cook looks like he has the skills to be a 3 down. He plays in a pro-style offense and has shown that he's solid in pass protection.

However rather than definitively declaring that Fournette is not a reliable receiver or blocker, I think you could make the argument that he could just be another victim of Les Miles' unimaginative offense. The same offense that stifled a number of talented receivers who went on to have pretty good NFL careers.

We'll find out at the combine and at LSU's pro day. But as of now, just going by what I've seen so far, I'm taking Cook over Fournette.
    I want to start by saying I really like Cook. I think he is sort of the complete package at RB. But Fournette is a special runner. If you look at pure running ability Fournette looks to me like a generational talent. That guys power, balance and speed are off the charts. Cook just isn't in that same class in terms of pure running ability.

That isn't to say Cook won't be great or a real weapon in the NFL. He has all the skills you want in a RB. And hell maybe Fournette won't hold up physically in the NFL but his running ability is something you just don't see in every draft.

Also the WR I really like is John Ross right now. He is just something that our offense doesn't have. And I know we need pass rushers and all of that (Although in recent weeks it is at least looking like less of a need) but if the right pass rusher isn't there I have no problem setting our offense up for success for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Also the WR I really like is John Ross right now. He is just something that our offense doesn't have. And I know we need pass rushers and all of that (Although in recent weeks it is at least looking like less of a need) but if the right pass rusher isn't there I have no problem setting our offense up for success for the next decade.
    Ross will be long gone by our pick in all likelihood.

Yep, although I think I like Davis more than him, and Williams for that matter.

Yeah I think so too. I think in the late first round we will be able to get a top notch talent but we just might not be able to pick the position we want. It's seems like a great spot in most drafts to pick a great talent that has fallen but you have to sort of be open to that talent not being a DE. This is certainly a draft where I think we can really just go BPA. Obviously we would all prefer it to be a DE but ultimately this team has proven they can generate a pass rush with guys like Irving and Mayowa if need be. We just need to get high end impact players that late in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    I have to disagree with McShay's Fournette over Cook positioning.

I think Cook's game transitions better to what modern NFL offenses are running. Cook looks like he has the skills to be a 3 down. He plays in a pro-style offense and has shown that he's solid in pass protection.

However rather than definitively declaring that Fournette is not a reliable receiver or blocker, I think you could make the argument that he could just be another victim of Les Miles' unimaginative offense. The same offense that stifled a number of talented receivers who went on to have pretty good NFL careers.

We'll find out at the combine and at LSU's pro day. But as of now, just going by what I've seen so far, I'm taking Cook over Fournette.
    I'm calling Fournette a bust in the NFL. Not because of his athletic talent but strictly because I think he will battle the injury bug. The guy can flat out play and chances are I will eat my words, but I also agree Dalvin Cook will be the better of the two.

I think they're both going to be great. It's McCaffrey I don't trust. I think he'll be a nice complimentary player for someone, but not give the type of production you want a 1st rounder to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Yep, although I think I like Davis more than him, and Williams for that matter.
    Oh, no question. Davis is a complete threat.