Time for Tony Romo's successor? The top 5 quarterbacks in next year's draft

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Speaking of picking at the top of every round. Imagine if we have a shot at Derrick Henry for example at the top of the second round. Now there is a RB who I really like. Reminds me a ton of a young Stephen Jackson. Big down hill runner. An absolute workhorse. I talk about RB not being all that important of a position but I'd love to draft him. Hell I'm a Big Ten person but I'd take him over Elliot I think.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Speaking of picking at the top of every round. Imagine if we have a shot at Derrick Henry for example at the top of the second round. Now there is a RB who I really like. Reminds me a ton of a young Stephen Jackson. Big down hill runner. An absolute workhorse. I talk about RB not being all that important of a position but I'd love to draft him. Hell I'm a Big Ten person but I'd take him over Elliot I think.
I think Dallas needs to draft a RB this go around. If anything was learned this season is that average backs will get you and average performance.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah I like Henry as a 2nd round guy but he does not have the feet of Jackson or the pass catching abilty.

He kind of reminds me of Murray with his ability to press the hole and find the right gap to run through, he also does well with attacking the backside gaps.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
being at the top of the draft pays dividends in the second, third, and fourth as well. You get a real shot to get two guys your organization has a first round grade on, as well as some shots at guys who are sliding in the draft Chris Canty style, and it can be easy to jump back up to the 28-32 range for a low cost to get that 5th year option on a Frederick type player.
All true. You get "War Daddy" in the 4th round, etc.

I'm saying the fans hoping to lose out won't be getting the returns they think they are.

The stud difference-making QB, WR, DL who's leaps and bounds better than the average 1st round pick won't be there.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
All true. You get "War Daddy" in the 4th round, etc.

I'm saying the fans hoping to lose out won't be getting the returns they think they are.

The stud difference-making QB, WR, DL who's leaps and bounds better than the average 1st round pick won't be there.
I think it's too early for that. Plenty of things change during the senior bowl and overall scouting process...even a workout warrior like dontari Poe has shown you can be a good pro without the results in college

townsend

Banned
I think in a lot of ways taking a good running back in the 1st is a good deal, since the 5 year option gives you a chance to keep them on their rookie contract through all of their productive years.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There's a runner with Bowling Green by the name of Greene that looked pretty goog last night.

data

Forbes #1
We need to draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd. Maybe both.

The time to be patient in the draft for QB (which was the last 3 years) is over. We decided to dick about it and are now stuck in this position.

Come on down, Quincy 2.0. You wouldnt have started at Georgia had you stayed, but because we waited too long, you'll be the starter for Americas Team.

Last edited:

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It would figure that the year we're in the top 5 it's a weak QB draft and overall weak at the top. Looking at positions, with our OL I don't see anyone way we take OL in the 1st. CB is a need but I think Claiborne not panning out will give us pause in using a high first on a CB.

Right now I think it'll come down to QB, Bosa or one of the two LB's. Another thing is over the last several years we've been alternating between Off and Def at the top of the draft. If the trend holds this year we go Offense early. That basically leaves QB. Of course we aren't tied to that so I'll still leave it at QB, Bosa, LB.

Top Bottom