The Great Police Work Thread

townsend

Banned
Fucking NRA owned cunts in congress can't even pass a law barring people on terrorism watch list from buying guns. :lol
I'm no fan of the NRA, but you shouldn't be able to revoke a constitutional right without due process.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm no fan of the NRA, but you shouldn't be able to revoke a constitutional right without due process.
If they are on the watch list?

Fuck you, and fuck due process.

Once this shitstorm gets close enough to you to resonate you will finally get out of your adolescent view on things.

I promise.

townsend

Banned

Once this shitstorm gets close enough to you to resonate you will finally get out of your adolescent view on things.

I promise.
My bad. I swore to protect and defend the constitution when I joined the military, but I guess I'm just a dumb baby for wanting the nation's governing document to still apply, even when stuff is scary.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I promise.
Obama loosened what it takes to get put on the watch list so much last year that I don't think a blanket policy fits in this situation.

Cotton

Staff member
My bad. I swore to protect and defend the constitution when I joined the military, but I guess I'm just a dumb baby for wanting the nation's governing document to still apply, even when stuff is scary.
Yeah, things change. Stuff is scary now. I don't give a flying fuck what was. I care about what we are faced with now. Adapt or die. And, if we don't adapt, we will die.

Cotton

Staff member
Obama loosened what it takes to get put on the watch list so much last year that I don't think a blanket policy fits in this situation.
Yet another moronic move by the worst president since Carter.

townsend

Banned
Yeah, things change. Stuff is scary now. I don't give a flying fuck what was. I care about what we are faced with now. Adapt or die. And, if we don't adapt, we will die.
this isn't the first time in U.S. History that bad people wanted to hurt the United States. The important question is whether we're willing to descend into Fascism to solve short term problems. The problem being Islamic Terrorists that still haven't killed as many people in the US (in the last decade) as generic angry white boys.

If the entire country is willing to repeal the 2nd amendment then we can do that. It's a bit silly to have a murder weapon as a right, when driving a vehicle that you're dependent on for your livelihood is considered a privilege. But you can't stomp on constitutionally protected rights out of convenience, because that puts free speech, Freedom of religion, and right to a jury on the chopping block as well.

townsend

Banned
Yet another moronic move by the worst president since Carter.
Dubya's worse than Carter. He's probably the worst president since Wilson, who could easily be characterized as the worst president in History.

townsend

Banned
Johnson's a consideration. I'd say LBJ was probably worse than W. Although since you can divide the blame for Vietnam across 4 Presidents it's harder to be like "this fucking guy did it."

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Johnson's a consideration. I'd say LBJ was probably worse than W. Although since you can divide the blame for Vietnam across 4 Presidents it's harder to be like "this fucking guy did it."
He was the one that escalated into a full blown war and mismanaged it so badly he made Bush look like fucking Napoleon. Add to that reinventing the American ghetto with his housing projects and he's right up there with Wilson creating the Federal Reserve time bomb that led to a recession that could have lasted a couple of years lasting over a decade.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He was the one that escalated into a full blown war and mismanaged it so badly he made Bush look like fucking Napoleon. Add to that reinventing the American ghetto with his housing projects and he's right up there with Wilson creating the Federal Reserve time bomb that led to a recession that could have lasted a couple of years lasting over a decade.
Bush made a lot of mistakes but at least he was pro active. I question whether our current President who cannot even say extremist Muslim terrorists will do what is necessary when the chips are down.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your ridiculous views on Obama, Bernie Sanders and economics annoy me but I couldn't agree with you more on this issue. The government shouldn't be allowed to take away citizens rights and ask questions later.

townsend

Banned
Bush made a lot of mistakes but at least he was pro active. I question whether our current President who cannot even say extremist Muslim terrorists will do what is necessary when the chips are down.
You may forget that Bush was (admirably) was very quick to say that we weren't at war with Islam.

Also you don't get points for pro activity when your bullshit lie about WMDs caused all of the problems we're facing right now.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Your ridiculous views on Obama, Bernie Sanders and economics annoy me but I couldn't agree with you more on this issue. The government shouldn't be allowed to take away citizens rights and ask questions later.
Yep.

As soon as they get the ability to take away guns from people on the watch list, who will be put on the watch list? That's right, everybody.

townsend

Banned
At some point this probably could be broken of into its own thread, the "guns and presidents and shit thread."

Cotton

Staff member
this isn't the first time in U.S. History that bad people wanted to hurt the United States. The important question is whether we're willing to descend into Fascism to solve short term problems. The problem being Islamic Terrorists that still haven't killed as many people in the US (in the last decade) as generic angry white boys.

If the entire country is willing to repeal the 2nd amendment then we can do that. It's a bit silly to have a murder weapon as a right, when driving a vehicle that you're dependent on for your livelihood is considered a privilege. But you can't stomp on constitutionally protected rights out of convenience, because that puts free speech, Freedom of religion, and right to a jury on the chopping block as well.
Don't give a shit. If you have done something bad enough to get yourself put on the watchlist, your basic rights are revoked. Most importantly the right to own a gun.

Cotton

Staff member
Yep.

As soon as they get the ability to take away guns from people on the watch list, who will be put on the watch list? That's right, everybody.
:lol

Good lord.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Don't give a shit. If you have done something bad enough to get yourself put on the watchlist, your basic rights are revoked. Most importantly the right to own a gun.
So Stephen Hayes, the writer for Weekly Standard, should not be able to buy a gun just because he's an outspoken conservative?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
:lol

Good lord.
I'm not sure if you realize it but the terrorist watch list isn't even a civil action like a restraining order. An idiot bureaucrat can put you on it and there's no appeal. If you want to make some kind of radicalism based restraining order where people show cause and there's a hearing, fine, I support that. Some random list with no criteria? No thanks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You may forget that Bush was (admirably) was very quick to say that we weren't at war with Islam.

Also you don't get points for pro activity when your bullshit lie about WMDs caused all of the problems we're facing right now.
More than half of congress heard the false data that was provided to them and came to the same conclusion. It wasn't a decision made in a vacuum by Bush. Even half of the democrats bought into the erreronous intelligence. In retrospect it was a mistake but we have the benefit of hindsight.

Top Bottom