Must See Movies

Jiggyfly

Banned
Colossus will do more than just slug Deadpool in the movie
By Danette Chavez
Oct 28, 2015 8:45 AM

We enjoyed the Deadpool trailer for a few reasons: First of all, Ryan Reynolds’ latest iteration of the character is funny and formidable, which is actually in keeping with the source material. And there’s oh-so-much spatter, slaying, and quipping—and it never hurts to include T.J. Miller. But it was also nice to see X-Man Colossus pop up and pop Wade Wilson one. Although we didn’t have any reason to think Colossus’ involvement would extend past slugging Deadpool, it turns out the character will feature prominently in the upcoming film.

That’s according to Colossus portrayer Andre Tricoteux, who recently spoke with TechTimes about his role in the movie. Apparently, Tricoteux’s Colossus/Piotr Rasputin will resemble his comic-book forebear more closely than any of Bryan Singer or Brett Ratner’s versions.
Yeah, I think you’re going to get to see more of who Colossus is. Like I said, we kept him really traditional to the comic book. So yes, I think people will get a better sense of who he is. But I think there’s still a lot more to be told about him. Colossus has been around in the comics since the ‘70s, so I mean, I think you could do your own movie on him. Yeah, you’re going to get to see a little bit more of who he is and kind of his outlook on the world.
Although Tricoteux couldn’t elaborate without giving away some of the film’s details, he did say that the filmmakers have kept his character “exactly like the comic book.” But Colossus won’t just be knocking around Deadpool—he’ll also have “disagreements” with other characters in the movie. And that could be what Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld was referring to when he played up Colossus’ part while gushing about the movie at a recent convention.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
This is on Netflix. I thought it was good. It gets a little repetitive, but I enjoy Ascher's style of observing and presenting the stories and varying opinions of the subjects without really framing the film with his own perspective. He did the same in Room 237, which was also really good.

D

Deuce

Bone Tomahawk was decent, worth getting as a rental when it's out. It's a little different than your typical western, but Kurt Russell in a bushy mustache and beard in that setting is usually a win for me.

Matthew Fox's western accent is pretty brutal at times, though.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Bone Tomahawk was decent, worth getting as a rental when it's out. It's a little different than your typical western, but Kurt Russell in a bushy mustache and beard in that setting is usually a win for me.

Matthew Fox's western accent is pretty brutal at times, though.
I am kind of interested in seeing that. The one short review I read was pretty favorable overall. It also mentioned that the movie is extremely violent.

D

Deuce

I am kind of interested in seeing that. The one short review I read was pretty favorable overall. It also mentioned that the movie is extremely violent.
Ya, it's got it's violent moments for sure. One scene in particular was a little rough for me to watch, but I'm not typically into gore to much anyways. Still, Kurt Russell.

Carp

DCC 4Life
OK, so Civil War is interesting to me, in that you will be pitting Marvel good guys against each other. I don't know much about the comic, but this just looks like a way to introduce Black Panther and Spiderman more than anything else. I mean it seems pretty apparent that they will once again joins forces at the end to set up Infinity Wars, so am I missing something? Seems more of a set up movie than a stand alone Captain America movie.

D

Deuce

OK, so Civil War is interesting to me, in that you will be pitting Marvel good guys against each other. I don't know much about the comic, but this just looks like a way to introduce Black Panther and Spiderman more than anything else. I mean it seems pretty apparent that they will once again joins forces at the end to set up Infinity Wars, so am I missing something? Seems more of a set up movie than a stand alone Captain America movie.
If they go by the plot of the comics, there will be a pretty big "Oh shit!" moment.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It follows closely the themes of Winter Soilder in that Cap distrust of government deepens.

It's a pretty good read that encompasses multiple Marvel series.

I have it on Dropbox if you want to read it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Chewie's packing C4? I'm in.
I didn't even know he had thumbs.

As an aside...this looks so god damn good...I think the last movies I was this pumped up for was The Dark Knight and Big Momma's House II.

D

Deuce

I didn't even know he had thumbs.

As an aside...this looks so god damn good...I think the last movies I was this pumped up for was The Dark Knight and Big Momma's House II.
Of course he has thumbs. How else would he adequately hold his bowcaster?

[/nerd]

Carp

DCC 4Life
So Kylo Ren is holding the light saber to who is surely his sister. Delicious.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Force Awakens spoiler.
Finn is Lando Calrissian's son.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
So anyone see Spectre yet? I can't until next week but I'm hering bad things that I hope aren't true!

Top Bottom