User Tag List

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Tony Romo even be active Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Am I the only one who sees Romo playing as a ratings ploy?
    I don't see it that way. Most Cowboys and Eagles fans will watch the game regardless.

Hell, I happily watched Stephen McGee finish up the 2010 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    My brother in law stopped rooting for the eagles while Michael Vick was there. It's definitely dumb.
    I never understood the Steelers fans who were taking a similar stance regarding Vick.

When news first broke of the Steelers being interested in Vick, a ton of Steelers fans were ready to jump ship. But they had no problem at all rooting for the 2-time rapist/sexual predator Roethlisberger.

It's clear that the coaching staff fears the team will get confused with Romo behind center.

His playing is an abstract idea until it actually happens. Then the players' react emotionally live in the middle of a playoff run. Only the handful who never played with him might not care.

Everyone else will have some kind of reaction. It might be closure, but the fear is that there may also be a pang of longing to reunite.

That could in theory undermine Dak.

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    It's clear that the coaching staff fears the team will get confused with Romo behind center.

His playing is an abstract idea until it actually happens. Then the players' react emotionally live in the middle of a playoff run. Only the handful who never played with him might not care.

Everyone else will have some kind of reaction. It might be closure, but the fear is that there may also be a pang of longing to reunite.

That's a stretch Ravi. It's not like Romo has been away on vacation in the Azores. He is there everyday and involved. Stranger?
    Since Day One

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post

So we finally got this albatross out the way. I must say, Tony Tones was crisp and on point with plenty of time and no Iggle so much as getting a whiff of his jersey. The passes were pretty and he was decisive, and who knows how much better it would be if Zeke had played. He looks ready for action, only I don't recall any blitzes yesterday. Not sure what happens when goes to spin out of someone's grasp and/or take a good shot to either the back or the shoulder. The gun looked pretty darn good.
    A dream season, exceeding ALL expectation. And now, the future looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    So we finally got this albatross out the way. I must say, Tony Tones was crisp and on point with plenty of time and no Iggle so much as getting a whiff of his jersey. The passes were pretty and he was decisive, and who knows how much better it would be if Zeke had played. He looks ready for action, only I don't recall any blitzes yesterday. Not sure what happens when goes to spin out of someone's grasp and/or take a good shot to either the back or the shoulder. The gun looked pretty darn good.
    Just accept what you saw. Romo is a consummate smooth pro.
    Since Day One