User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Coaching Hirings/Firings

2017 Coaching Hirings/Firings

Mike Rodak
    ESPN Staff Writer

Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan have been fired by the Bills. Anthony Lynn will serve as interim coach.

Quote Originally Posted by VA Cowboy View Post
    Mike Rodak
    ESPN Staff Writer

Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan have been fired by the Bills. Anthony Lynn will serve as interim coach.
    I always get the two mixed up but do you think the DC Ryan will even get another DC?
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    I always get the two mixed up but do you think the DC Ryan will even get another DC?
    I doubt it, at least not right now. What is most likely is that Rex will catch on as a defensive coordinator somewhere and he may hire Rob as a position coach. Personally I think the Bills are idiots for this move. I'm not a Rex Ryan fan but that team did all they could with the talent they were given and the injuries. To me you have to give a coach more then 2 years unless the team is headed in the wrong direction. Instead the Bills have sort of been spinning their tires in that almost playoff area. They just need more talent in my opinion.

They got a winner in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I doubt it, at least not right now. What is most likely is that Rex will catch on as a defensive coordinator somewhere and he may hire Rob as a position coach. Personally I think the Bills are idiots for this move. I'm not a Rex Ryan fan but that team did all they could with the talent they were given and the injuries. To me you have to give a coach more then 2 years unless the team is headed in the wrong direction. Instead the Bills have sort of been spinning their tires in that almost playoff area. They just need more talent in my opinion.
    Agreed. Unless there were some personality clashes or philosophical differences I don't understand making the move after only 2 years on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I'm reading that there was a power struggle between Rex, and the GM, who wanted to play EJ Manuel over Tyrod Taylor. The Bills are idiots for siding with the retarded GM if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 22cowboysfan22 View Post
    I'm reading that there was a power struggle between Rex, and the GM, who wanted to play EJ Manuel over Tyrod Taylor. The Bills are idiots for siding with the retarded GM if that's the case.
    Yeah I guess that makes sense. Manuel is going to start their next game for fear of an injury to Taylor that would force his contract to become guaranteed.

Which also tells me Taylor may not be in the Bills future plans. Manuel is garbage though.

Anthony Lynn takes over as the temp HC for the bills

Raider!!

Taylor isn't perfect, but Manuel isn't starting material.

Report: Tom Coughlin interviewing with Jaguars*Wednesday
    Posted by Josh Alper on December 28, 2016, 3:53 PM EST

Word over the weekend was that Tom Coughlin would talk to the Jaguars about their head coaching vacancy this week and it looks like Wednesday is the day for that conversation.
    Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Coughlin is interviewing with the Jaguars about a second stint in Jacksonville. Coughlin was the first head coach in franchise history and coached them team from 1995 to 2002.
    It didn’t take him long to get the team deep into the playoffs as they advanced to the AFC title game in his second season. They advanced to the postseason in each of the next three seasons and again went to the conference championship game in 1999.
    The Jags haven’t had anything close to that kind of success since Coughlin was fired. That would make a return engagement work from a purely nostalgic aspect, but Coughlin’s demanding style may also be appealing after the Jaguars came into this year with expectations of a big step forward before watching them go unfulfilled under Gus Bradley.