PFT: Photos of Greg Hardy domestic assualt victim emerge

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[h=1]Photos of Greg Hardy domestic assualt victim emerge[/h] Posted by Darin Gantt on November 6, 2015, 1:21 PM EST

It was a lot easier for Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to declare defensive end Greg Hardy a “real leader,” and brush aside concerns about his previous domestic violence arrest, because there was no visual to go with the charges.

And while it might not be as viscerally jarring as a videotape of Ray Rice punching his wife in the face, we now have more evidence of what happened between Hardy and his former girlfriend in Charlotte

Deadspin has published a gallery of photos of Nicole Holder, showing her injuries from the incident in May 2014. There are a number of shots of large bruises on her back, along with injuries to her arms and legs and feet. The photos were part of evidence that was sealed during his trial.

He was convicted by a judge in Charlotte, but the case was thrown out on appeal after Holder didn’t appear in court, following a civil settlement. The charges were expunged from the record this week.

Hardy was initially suspended 10 games by the league for violating the league’s personal conduct policy, but that was eventually shortened to four.

If the NFL had access to the photos published today, it helps explain commissioner Roger Goodell’s going hard with the initial punishment, after the embarrassment of initially suspending Rice two games.

Carp

DCC 4Life
They keep referring to Jerry calling him a leader in his time here...not sure how that relates to events that happened before he got here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Twitter is blowing up with all kinds of bleeding hearts, like this is some shocking revelation that Hardy might have slapped her around. Get ready for a Bob Costas lecture Sunday night.

townsend

Banned
The guy's definitely crazy. He'd better learn to control himself, one day he'll be washed up, and an assault like that will bury him. Even OJ went to prison eventually.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shit they are bruises. We aren't talking about anything all that crazy.

AP literally made his child bleed and there was minimal to no out cry.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Twitter is blowing up with all kinds of bleeding hearts, like this is some shocking revelation that Hardy might have slapped her around. Get ready for a Bob Costas lecture Sunday night.
Yeah, Hardy was trending on Twitter in about 15 mins after the pics were released. A lot of the national writers with a whole bunch of "I told you so's".

I mean, the DA had all of this evidence and still acquitted him of it, and eventually even expunged the charge completely from his record.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
No one thought that nothing went down that night. It wasn't a misunderstanding created by excessive cuddling. The missing element is how mutual the combat might have been considering Hardy was the one that called the cops in the first place and there were apparently major inconsistencies in the testimony she gave cops. Considering how one sided a fight between Hardy and a normal human would be that doesn't make him in any way blameless for slapping her around, just saying the pictures aren't the whole story or else prosecution could have moved forward with just the pics as evidence.

Cotton

Staff member
No one thought that nothing went down that night. It wasn't a misunderstanding created by excessive cuddling. The missing element is how mutual the combat might have been considering Hardy was the one that called the cops in the first place and there were apparently major inconsistencies in the testimony she gave cops. Considering how one sided a fight between Hardy and a normal human would be that doesn't make him in any way blameless for slapping her around, just saying the pictures aren't the whole story or else prosecution could have moved forward with just the pics as evidence.
If you go look at the pictures about 5 of them are pics of marks on Hardy's body, too, but the media is completely ignoring those.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Awesome, watch Jerry answer to the social outrage and cut him.

Cotton

Staff member

Awesome, watch Jerry answer to the social outrage and cut him.
I doubt the seeing the photos would have changed much, and I don't see Jerry cutting him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I doubt the seeing the photos would have changed much, and I don't see Jerry cutting him.
If this horseshit social media freak out doesn't stop, I could see it. Easily.

Especially if Jones he could lose sponsors or something from this.

I just hate the damn distraction right now.

Cotton

Staff member
If this horseshit social media freak out doesn't stop, I could see it. Easily.

Especially if Jones he could lose sponsors or something from this.

I just hate the damn distraction right now.
Hardy is doing well to limit the distraction. No comment is the best way to go right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hardy is doing well to limit the distraction. No comment is the best way to go right now.
He can do that. I don't think our ownership and management will be able to get away with that.

This is all you are going to hear about until Sunday.

Cotton

Staff member
He can do that. I don't think our ownership and management will be able to get away with that.

This is all you are going to hear about until Sunday.
Hardy is Jerry's new shiniest toy. He isn't cutting him. You can Bradie Bottle lock that shit.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Never underestimate the power of Twitter Justice.
We just need another scandal to pop up, there hasn't been anything new in a few so they went back to Hardy

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never underestimate the power of Twitter Justice.
Eh, this thing happened years ago. Hardy has already been punished by the league and gone through the legal system. It's basically a none issue at this point.

Top Bottom