College Basketball Chatter...

D

Deuce

Giles and Tatum both to Duke.

Disgusting.

As an aside, the NCAA is taking their sweet ass time clearing Tacko Fall for no reason. Hopefully UCF gets him in soon cause he might be special.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Giles is worse than Rose, he tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus last year, returned for literally 2 minutes a week or so ago and then tore the other ACL.

Anyhow, top 3 Maryland tips off the season tonight with top 5 recruit Diamond Stone making his debut, so while I certainly appreciate Smitty's very astute observation that Duke consistently gets horse shit reffing in their favor, his evaluation of Maryland's basketball program seems to have been quite off.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Get back to me when Maryland is a consistent basketball power.

Until then they are second tier.... Nothing wrong with the that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

dallen

Senior Tech
*evil laugh*

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Tubby has done a nice job of slowly building the pile of trash basketball program at TTU.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
What's even worse is Coach Rat face K has his AP buttbuddies looking out for his streak of being ranked in the Top 25. 3 straight losses but yet they are still in the top 25. Complete and utter BS, especially given the fact they were all losses against unranked teams.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Should we rename this thread without the year and just keep it running? Or should we have a new thread? I'd just rename it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Did not know A&M was up to #5.

They have looked pretty good and could definitely make a nice run in the tournament.

They have a nice mix of size and perimeter guys.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maryland/Iowa, the game scares me. I'm nervous to even talk about Iowa basketball.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Maryland/Iowa, the game scares me. I'm nervous to even talk about Iowa basketball.
Iowa is Final 4 caliber but there was no way your hick team was going to come into that environment for the first time ever and win. Uthoff was clearly shook the entire game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Iowa is Final 4 caliber but there was no way your hick team was going to come into that environment for the first time ever and win. Uthoff was clearly shook the entire game.
Yeah, that's a rowdy crowd up there. Dare I say, kind of dickheads. Uthoff was way off his game all night and the crowd was eating that up. It sucks that we lost but Maryland is a pretty legit team.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, that's a rowdy crowd up there. Dare I say, kind of dickheads. Uthoff was way off his game all night and the crowd was eating that up. It sucks that we lost but Maryland is a pretty legit team.
Yea, our fans are assholes but we kind of take pride in it. We won't be lower than a 3 seed and could easily end up as a 1 if we win the Big 10 tournament, so there's no shame in losing on the road against a team like that.

I don't think we're a strong Final 4 contender though for various reasons.

D

Deuce

Maybe the most bananas opening round to the tourney ever and nobody here is discussing it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe the most bananas opening round to the tourney ever and nobody here is discussing it.
This basketball season has been the most unpredictable I can remember in a long time. It's not surprising the tourney would be the same way.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's been crazy although I think at the end of the day chalk will win out, the final is going to be like Kansas/UNC.

D

Deuce

It's been crazy although I think at the end of the day chalk will win out, the final is going to be like Kansas/UNC.
Probably, though I thought Mich State had a good run in them too. I have Virginia/Nova as my finals.

dallen

Senior Tech
Probably, though I thought Mich State had a good run in them too. I have Virginia/Nova as my finals.
MichSt was my pick to win it all in my office bracket... :picard

Top Bottom