One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys open as -4.5 pt favorites.

Cotton

Staff member

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I think the Eagles are better than last year for sure, but they are nowhere near as good as we are. We should be able to handle them at home.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we win but I'm not writing off the Eagles. They are 4-2 and have a couple wins against big time teams (Steelers and Vikings). They are clearly capable of beating some of the best teams in the NFL. Expecting to just roll over a team like that seems like a bit much to me. We better be fired up and ready to go because if not the Eagles can beat you with defense, offense and special teams.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Tony Romo, Tyron Smith not practicing Monday; Dez Bryant (hand) catches passes during drills

By Jon Machota , Staff Writer

FRISCO -- Tony Romo and Tyron Smith were not practicing Monday.

Dez Bryant, who has not played since injuring his right knee against Chicago on Sept. 25, was catching passes and running routes Monday. Bryant was limited last Wednesday, the team's only practice during the bye week, with cuts on his right hand.

Doug Free and Morris Claiborne returned to practice after not participating last Wednesday.

Romo's absence is the latest sign that rookie quarterback Dak Prescott will make his seventh consecutive start Sunday night against the Philadelphia Eagles. Romo has not practiced since suffering an L1 compression fracture on Aug. 25.

Smith continues to deal with a bulging disk in his back. The All-Pro left tackle missed the Chicago and San Francisco games but returned to play in the previous two games against Cincinnati and Green Bay.

Cotton

Staff member
I know neither of them are still on the team, but this gif makes me laugh, so...

Cotton

Staff member
Also, we need some bulletin board material...

Cotton

Staff member
Back to practice fully, Dez Bryant catches passes
1:49 PM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas – After not catching passes during the Dallas Cowboys one practice of the bye week after injuring his right ring and middle fingers while cutting carrots to make soup, Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant was able to catch passes on Monday.

Bryant said his fingers are fine and more importantly the tibial plateau fracture he suffered Sept. 25 against the Chicago Bears is fine. Bryant went through Monday’s practice without any issue and will return Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles after missing three games.

After the Cowboys beat the Green Bay Packers on Oct. 16, Bryant pronounced himself ready for game action.

"Check me out at 7:30, man," Bryant said after the game, alluding to the Central time kickoff against the Eagles. "I already told [team physician Dr. Dan Cooper] what the deal was."

Bryant looked smooth as he went through early part of practice open to the media and did not show any laboring with his running. He took part in three limited practices leading up to the Packers’ game but was held out more as a precautionary move.

On Oct. 14, Bryant had a CT scan that showed the fracture was healing. At the time of the diagnosis, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said the team has had players miss no action or up to three games with a similar injury.

Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick also pronounced himself fit to return after missing a month with hamstring strains to both legs. Scandrick said he is 100 percent and the time off has served him well. Cornerback Morris Claiborne was on the practice field Monday as he works back from a concussion suffered against the Packers.

“I don’t feel anything relayed to my hamstring injury when I’m running,” Scandrick said.

Left tackle Tyron Smith did not take part in Monday’s practice as he continues to deal with a bulging disc issue. He did not practice last week either, but the Cowboys believe he will be able to play Sunday against the Eagles.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
On paper the Eagles have an impressive run defense but I think they're like the Packers in that the bulk of that run defense success is based on the quality of opponents they've played.

The toughest run game they've gone up against was the Redskins and the Redskins destroyed them. The Redskins have a pretty good running game but they aren't the Cowboys. I expect the Dallas RBs to put up at least 150 yards combined.

On the other side of the ball, as has been pointed out already, teams are starting to figure some things out about Wentz and the Eagles' schemes. At this moment it looks like he's been slow to adjust to the different looks that are being thrown at him. Also, keep an eye on Lane Johnson's replacement......Vaitai. He was pretty bad last week but he was better yesterday. He could be a weak link that the Cowboys look to exploit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They lost Brooks, who was their nickel corner. Not an easy loss.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Eagles fans can go fuck themselves.

It's only Monday and I'm already yelling at my radio.

townsend

Banned
What happens when you add Dez Bryant to the most dominant offense in the league? I don't know if there's been an offense this talented at every position since around 92-95.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What happens when you add Dez Bryant to the most dominant offense in the league? I don't know if there's been an offense this talented at every position since around 92-95.
The Rams' greatest show on turf was better.

townsend

Banned
The Rams' greatest show on turf was better.
Skill positions yes, but both cowboys of past and present have exceptional offensive lines that I would say puts them above the Rams, who only had one guy (Pace) on the level of Smith, Frederick, and Martin.

midswat

... soon
Hasn't his average stat line this year been like 2 receptions for 8 yards? Slight exaggeration, but as good as we've been on offense, we're still not being creative with getting the ball in his hands.

townsend

Banned
Hasn't his average stat line this year been like 2 receptions for 8 yards? Slight exaggeration, but as good as we've been on offense, we're still not being creative with getting the ball in his hands.
We seemed to figure out how to utilize Dez after the first game. He had a really solid game against the Redskins.

Top Bottom