Chargers shopping Eric Weddle

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Chargers shopping Eric Weddle

Posted by Mike Florio on November 2, 2015, 8:29 PM EST

The trade deadline is a day away, and another two-win team seems to be realizing that it’s time to sell! sell! sell!

Per a league source, the Chargers are shopping veteran safety Eric Weddle.

Weddle, a three-time Pro Bowler and a two-time first-team All Pro, is in the last year of his contract, at a base salary of $7.5 million.

The veteran skipped the non-mandatory portion of the offseason, prompting coach Mike McCoy eventually to tell the team to move on without him.

The team could indeed be moving on without him now, swapping the last eight games of a lost season for value over and above whatever they’d get as a compensatory pick if he signs with a new team as a free agent in March.
---------

Do it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we were still in it this year it would be a no brainer. I still want him, but only with a new deal in place.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He's 31, going on 32 and will want one last payday in the offseason, why exactly should we give up a pick for him when we are sitting here at 2-5 and have a promising safety prospect in Jones?

Maybe if we could get him for peanuts but I bet the Chargers can coax a 4th or 5th out of someone.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
He's 31, going on 32 and will want one last payday in the offseason, why exactly should we give up a pick for him when we are sitting here at 2-5 and have a promising safety prospect in Jones?

Maybe if we could get him for peanuts but I bet the Chargers can coax a 4th or 5th out of someone.
Or a 3rd from The Jerruh...
:jerry

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Don't see the point of trading for him at this point.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If we were still in it this year it would be a no brainer. I still want him, but only with a new deal in place.
You don't think we're still in it, even as bad as this division is? I mean it really sucks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't think we're still in it, even as bad as this division is? I mean it really sucks.
If we win the next couple games we are. If we don't we aren't. I've been saying for awhile we need to be 4-5 when Romo comes back. I haven't given up entirely but damn that window is barely cracked now. We better beat the Eagles and Bucs.

Top Bottom