Hill: Official admit timeout error, robbing the Cowboys of a TD opportunity

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Keep it real, even here in this nest of homers. I admire you, bb.
It isn't quite a nest of homers here. I know you know this. You also know I'm not one. But I'm also not going to root for equity, and I know you don't either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It isn't quite a nest of homers here. I know you know this. You also know I'm not one. But I'm also not going to root for equity, and I know you don't either.
God damn, you are so literal.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
That's YOU. But to posit the, "you're fanning wrong" bullshit is straight nonsense.
I get what you're saying. Because this is "entertainment" and not something of real importance, it doesn't matter if Jerry imports a tidal wave of human garbage in the name of winning. And that'd be fine if Jerry and Red stopped paying lip service to character, integrity and whatnot. And why would the NFL bother suspending anyone if this is just "fun and games"?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This moral outrage angle would be a little easier to believe if it wasn't coming from a guy who needs to make airplane noises to get his "dates" to open their mouth for a blowjob.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Refs are only human and have built a reflex to instantly call for the clock to stop when a timeout is signaled, legal or not.

They should have the option call unsportsmanlike conduct against illegal timeout signals based on the situation. That gives them an out if they screw up and grant a timeout when they shouldn't.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Refs are only human and have built a reflex to instantly call for the clock to stop when a timeout is signaled, legal or not.

They should have the option call unsportsmanlike conduct against illegal timeout signals based on the situation. That gives them an out if they screw up and grant a timeout when they shouldn't.
They are allowed to call a 5 yard penalty according to the rule book. Why they didn't is beyond me. I guess they didn't want to hurt the Seahawks for cheating?

dallen

Senior Tech

They are still allowed to enforce the penalty even if they inadvertently grant the timeout at first. They just didn't for some reason

kidd

DCC 4Life
I get what you're saying. Because this is "entertainment" and not something of real importance, it doesn't matter if Jerry imports a tidal wave of human garbage in the name of winning. And that'd be fine if Jerry and Red stopped paying lip service to character, integrity and whatnot. And why would the NFL bother suspending anyone if this is just "fun and games"?
Ya know, I hated the Deion signing as well as the Cowboys signing TO. But I didn't sit around whining and crying about it all the time. In fact, I cheered like any other fan whenever Deion got an INT or when TO scored a TD.

If it really bothers you that much that we signed Hardy to help put the defense over, then stop being a Dallas fan and GTFO.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Ya know, I hated the Deion signing as well as the Cowboys signing TO. But I didn't sit around whining and crying about it all the time. In fact, I cheered like any other fan whenever Deion got an INT or when TO scored a TD.
Those guys were garden variety egomaniacal assholes, not criminals.

If it really bothers you that much that we signed Hardy to help put the defense over, then stop being a Dallas fan and GTFO.
:lol

okay, Zrinkill

Carp

DCC 4Life
This moral outrage angle would be a little easier to believe if it wasn't coming from a guy who needs to make airplane noises to get his "dates" to open their mouth for a blowjob.
:lol

townsend

Banned
I never understand the premise of "you were accused of a crime you didn't get convicted for, but just in case you should be black balled from doing something your really really good at."

Hardy isn't a convicted criminal, so what kind of double justice do you want imposed on him for alleged, unverified offenses?

He deserves to be a defensive linemen because he's one of the best at the position. Not because he's a sweetheart. There are lots of sweethearts out there, and none of them intercepted Russell Wilson last week.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never understand the premise of "you were accused of a crime you didn't get convicted for, but just in case you should be black balled from doing something your really really good at."

Hardy isn't a convicted criminal, so what kind of double justice do you want imposed on him for alleged, unverified offenses?

He deserves to be a defensive linemen because he's one of the best at the position. Not because he's a sweetheart. There are lots of sweethearts out there, and none of them intercepted Russell Wilson last week.
The NFL is really one of the few careers where you get punished for being legally innocent. Personally I all I would care about as a business is how my employee does his job. Hardy, does his job really well.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Well said.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I used to say give me 4-5 by the time Romo comes back and I like our chances, at this point I honestly think if we're 3-6 we have as good a shot as anybody.

We are only 1 game back in the loss column as is and the other 3 teams in the division still have to play the Patriots, basically a guaranteed loss. That means at 3-6 we would effectively be just a game back in the loss column of whoever is in 1st. Can we beat the Eagles or Bucs though?

I doubt it.

Top Bottom