2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No doubt. I do understand what c-rock is saying but that is a bad example. I'm pretty sure that the Minn game was just 1st game blues.
I don't think its a bad example at all. I just think its what you see when a Big 12 team runs into a good defense. Although part of the reason for the scoring is because when you have 2 teams running a hurry up you'll just have more posessions and more scoring. When you face a team like Minny who can milk a clock, scores will naturally be down. The priority in the Big 12 in general seems to be about offense though.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't think its a bad example at all. I just think its what you see when a Big 12 team runs into a good defense. Although part of the reason for the scoring is because when you have 2 teams running a hurry up you'll just have more posessions and more scoring. When you face a team like Minny who can milk a clock, scores will naturally be down. The priority in the Big 12 in general seems to be about offense though.
Still won didn't they?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Probably because of his retarded hair. Anyone willing to go with that look is obviously a poor decision maker.
:lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Of course they did. Didn't say the Big 12 sucks. Just pointed out they don't even try to play defense. Of course Minnesota is a shit team too.
And I was pointing out that there are advantages to being able to score a lot of points. Even if a team has a better defense the bottom line is who puts the most points on the board prevails.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And I was pointing out that there are advantages to being able to score a lot of points. Even if a team has a better defense the bottom line is who puts the most points on the board prevails.
By the way they actually had Michigan beat last night.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By the way they actually had Michigan beat last night.
Yeah, I saw enough of Rudock at Iowa to know Michigan isn't really that good with him at QB. It's a nice rebound story for them but I don't think they are really as close to elite as the experts want to put them. I just think the media is hungry to put a traditional powerhouse like Michigan back into the elite category. Which I know the next argument will be, well Michigan had Michigan State beat. Which they did but that happens. You see better teams lose to lesser teams. Look at Alabama and Ole Miss. Alabama is a way better team then Ole Miss.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Of course they did. Didn't say the Big 12 sucks. Just pointed out they don't even try to play defense. Of course Minnesota is a shit team too.
I get your point but it is exaggerated. Take TCU for an example...Patterson is a known defensive coach with a decade of success and now that they are in the Big 12 the numbers change. I'm not dumb enough to think that they are LSU or whatever but if LSU was in the Big 12 they wouldn't be in the top 10 of defenses either.

D

Deuce

I get your point but it is exaggerated. Take TCU for an example...Patterson is a known defensive coach with a decade of success and now that they are in the Big 12 the numbers change. I'm not dumb enough to think that they are LSU or whatever but if LSU was in the Big 12 they wouldn't be in the top 10 of defenses either.
Maybe not, but if their O got to play Big 12 D's every week maybe they would be top 10 instead.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
New Job Openings: (so far)
Central FL
Hawaii
Illinois
Maryland
Miami
Minnesota
North Texas
Southern Cal
South Carolina
Virginia Tech

*I wonder if Georgia will decide to make a change?

Lots of changes coming with more expected.

D

Deuce

New Job Openings: (so far)
Central FL
Hawaii
Illinois
Maryland
Miami
Minnesota
North Texas
Southern Cal
South Carolina
Virginia Tech

*I wonder if Georgia will decide to make a change?

Lots of changes coming with more expected.
Virginia Tech has Bud Foster as their coach in waiting and with USC doing what their doing, they should retain Helton. We'll see if they do, though.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That was so bad that I was so confused I couldn't even get mad at the time. I couldn't believe they would call that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Texas situation baffles me. How can they be that bad at times?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Texas situation baffles me. How can they be that bad at times?
Iowa State is a fairly good team. They aren't in the upper tier but they are solid enough to stay in a game if the opponent does not play their best. Texas wasn't mentally ready for Saturday and the Cyclones were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom