User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox Sports: If Jason Garrett coaches like he did Sunday, the Cowboys will have a playoff disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Frankly the part that chaps my ass most about the offensive calling is 3 plays designed for Lucky Whitehead. I actually think we had some really good play calling otherwise that helped lead Dak and Zeke to their impressive numbers. I mean everything we did to get Lucky the ball ended in total failure but basically everything else worked. I guess I could complain that we weren't a little more aggressive in the 2nd and 20 yard type situations. Play designs to get 4 or 5 yards in that situation just aren't cutting it.
    I agree with this. Lucky was really, really bad yesterday. The fumble on the pitch was ridiculous. His returns were pretty anemic. He ran out one he shouldn't have. Overall his negative plays are outweighing his positive ones. I miss Dwayne Harris...

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Feels like nitpicking. Didn't hate the reverse, if it was executed properly it's an easy first down and a decent gain.

Also can't blame Garrett for the relatively conservative decision to take the FG considering that Tampa's offense didn't do shit aside from the two TD drives, one of which was mostly a fluke to begin with.
    I agree but I was leaning toward going for that 1st down only because I did not like Garrett going back to being so conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    I agree with this. Lucky was really, really bad yesterday. The fumble on the pitch was ridiculous. His returns were pretty anemic. He ran out one he shouldn't have. Overall his negative plays are outweighing his positive ones. I miss Dwayne Harris...
    I think that fumble was more on Elliot he kind of no looked the flip and that was unnecessary, will have to see it again but I think it was Zeke's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
    I think that fumble was more on Elliot he kind of no looked the flip and that was unnecessary, will have to see it again but I think it was Zeke's fault.
    It was Tyron Smith's fault...he got pushed back into the play by the DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    It was Tyron Smith's fault...he got pushed back into the play by the DE.
    Yeah I need to see it again, maybe the depth was off but Elliot looked to nonchalant with his ball handling.

Doesn't matter we're not going deep in the playoffs with dink and dunk Dak at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    I completely disagree. There is a big difference between a 3 and 6 point lead. The 6 point lead forces them to go for a TD which means they are going to have to drive the ball another 30 yards or so and punch it in. A lot more pressure on the opposing team.
    You're right but I'd prefer not to even give them that opportunity. I'd prefer that we try to score the TD and push the lead to 10 and put it away with our offense rather than rely on our defense.

As I mentioned in another post, a 6 point lead leaves us vulnerable to one big play costing us the game. Which is what literally happened to us last week.

The Bucs have a stud in Mike Evans who can score from anywhere on the field like OBJ. We lucked out on the one play where he had our secondary beat but Winston overthrew him. I'd rather not play with fire because I've seen Cowboys defenses fold in the clutch too many times over the past few years. All because they played it conservative on offense and relied on the defense to close out the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Playmaker View Post
    Doesn't matter we're not going deep in the playoffs with dink and dunk Dak at QB.
    What happens when we face Seattle, Atlanta, New York, New England, or Pittsburgh and we need a play.

Dak answered in Pittsburgh with that bomb to Dez, but we've gone cold since. Pittsburgh was all about Zeke.

But we needed that bomb. Can we do that again? Can we even get close?

El Other Presidente' UncleMilti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    What happens when we face Seattle, Atlanta, New York, New England, or Pittsburgh and we need a play.

Dak answered in Pittsburgh with that bomb to Dez, but we've gone cold since. Pittsburgh was all about Zeke.

But we needed that bomb. Can we do that again? Can we even get close?
    Yes, that is an issue. I'd really like to see them take some deep shots down the sidelines. Jerry and Co raved about Butler's speed and how it gave them another weapon in the passing game but I think he's only been targeted 3 times over 20 yards. If that stat is true that is ridiculous.

Of course Butler has dropped passes left and right but at least a close long pass gives DC's something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Playmaker View Post
    Good thing we don't have Wentz at QB instead of Dak then right?

Saying Dak is a dink and dunk QB is being intellectually lazy, he has thrown to many intermediate passes this year to say that and at least 10 in this last game alone.