Davison - Darren McFadden: I’m healthy. I’m ready to go.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The sad thing is, I can see him coming back and getting more touches than the criminally underused Alfred Morris.
Have to disagree here. I fail to see how Morris is criminally underused. He is getting 5-7 carries with last weeks 3 being the outlier. Zeke is averaging somewhere in the mid-20s. Why should it be any other way? Zeke is far more dynamic/the superior talent and is totally rolling. I like Morris in the role he is in now and would feel pretty good about him starting a couple games if Zeke tweaked a hammy or something, but that is the only way I am getting him more involved right now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Have to disagree here. I fail to see how Morris is criminally underused. He is getting 5-7 carries with last weeks 3 being the outlier. Zeke is averaging somewhere in the mid-20s. Why should it be any other way? Zeke is far more dynamic/the superior talent and is totally rolling. I like Morris in the role he is in now and would feel pretty good about him starting a couple games if Zeke tweaked a hammy or something, but that is the only way I am getting him more involved right now.
I think he should get a series or two as opposed to one odd carry here and there.

I also don't understand him getting carries at the end of the Bears and Packers games. He should've ended both games right around 25 carries, but he got to 30 and 28 respectively when it wasn't necessary.

The outcome was no longer in question so we should have had Morris in there to waste the final minutes.

Why put so much on Zeke so soon?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he should get a series or two as opposed to one odd carry here and there.

I also don't understand him getting carries at the end of the Bears and Packers games. He should've ended both games right around 25 carries, but he got to 30 and 28 respectively when it wasn't necessary.

The outcome was no longer in question so we should have had Morris in there to waste the final minutes.

I actually think he had been getting a series or two up until this past game. Which I think it was sort of like "hey, Green Bay is a big game, lets ride Zeke in this one" more then anything else.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You shut yer god forsaken mouth!

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

A few more carries for Morris at the end of the Green Bay game would have been fine but I don't think that makes Morris criminally underused. To me 'criminally underused' implies that the guy is so damn good it just flat out does not make sense not to put the ball in his hands more. You are talking about a handful of clock-killing carries in one game. Semantics I guess, but I think for the most part they are using Morris correctly.

Jiggyfly

Banned

He gets at least 2 series a game part of the problem there is that they have not been sustained drives.

I agree that end of game carries need to go to him that is just needless wear and tear.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I actually think he had been getting a series or two up until this past game. Which I think it was sort of like "hey, Green Bay is a big game, lets ride Zeke in this one" more then anything else.
He got 2 series against GB and also came in for some redzone carries.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Zeke will always be better than anyone else on any given run. But in the overall scheme you have to mix in other guys.

I don't want Zeke getting 300+ carries, and he's at a much higher pace than that.

You've got other capable runners.

Use them.

Last edited:

hstour

Brand New Member
Before the GB game, Morris was coming in every 3rd series. They got away from that @ GB, but at least the staff had a plan that they were using.

Top Bottom