One coach stands up to Greg Hardy’s rage

p1_

DCC 4Life
One coach stands up to Greg Hardy’s rage

By Randy Galloway

It was all right there on video. Except we didn’t see it live of course. Nor did we see it replayed. Fox-TV’s national coverage missed it.

Joe and Troy couldn’t tell us what the sideline fuss was all about because their cameras never caught the heat of the dispute.

Fox can’t seem to do anything right these days. The network couldn’t even keep Game 1 of the World Series on the air.

But when some outside video surfaced from the Meadowlands in New Jersey, here’s what we saw last week:

One guy stood up. It was the small guy who stood up. He had to look up to stand up. Look way up. The small guy’s crazed bully of an antagonist had about a foot in height on him, not to mention some 100 pounds of solid muscle.

Greg Hardy, local idiot, reached out and attempted to slap a clipboard out of the hand of Cowboys’ special teams coach Rich Bisaccia, a 56-year-old veteran NFL coach.

Hardy had charged into the special team’s huddle as Bisaccia was attempting to draw up a plan for his kickoff return team. The coach was already in a foul mood because his kickoff coverage team had just essentially blown the game by allowing a touchdown return by the Giants’ Dwayne Harris.

What Hardy was doing in that sideline huddle, who knows? Another local idiot — in this case, the Cowboys’ owner/general manager — later explained it as Hardy “providing leadership.”

There oughta be a league rule: Jerry has to pass a whiz-in-a-cup test before being allowed to speak to the media. That ol’ boy has some serious issues.

6 Consecutive games Greg Hardy has had a sack — the longest active streak in the NFL

Anyway, watching the video, Hardy slapped at the clipboard, and the little man lunged at him, screaming. Hardy came back at him with a shove, and this time Bisaccia reached up and firmly shoved Hardy out of the huddle.

It looked like a house poodle attacking a large pit bull.

But the pit bull backed off, and then some players started pushing Hardy away. Next came a Hardy sideline show right out of a seventh-grade PE class fight.

“Let me at him. Hold me back. No, let me at him. No, hold me back.”

Hardy punked on out and sulked off to the bench with Dez Bryant yapping at him.

But standing right there, observing it all, was the head coach. Jason Garrett never made a move. Never, it appeared, even said a word.

In all of Red J’s time here, and me being one of his biggest defenders, it was his weakest moment ever. How does the head coach just stand there watching all that?

Weak, Jason. Really, really, really weak.

And then: Along came Jones.

Along came Jones to not only defend Hardy in his postgame interview session, but he continued that verbal defense all of last week, topped by, sure, why not, he wanted to sign Hardy to a long-term contract beyond this season.

When Greg Hardy signed with the Cowboys as a free agent, he vowed: “Sacks are coming.” In two games, he twice sacked Tom Brady of the Patriots and sacked Giants Eli Manning once last week.

Garrett, unfortunately, also weaseled out last week, halfway defending Hardy. It was embarrassing.

But two things came out of that sideline video:

1.) Bisaccia has some coconuts. That’s good to see on a coaching staff.

2.) Don’t blame Greg Hardy for simply being Greg Hardy.

The Cowboys signed him last March under highly controversial circumstances, and it was a football-improvement move agreed to by the owner and the head coach.

I also signed off on the Hardy acquisition in print, simply because I believe — no, I know — Jones and Garrett couldn’t care less about character or about being a good citizen. It doesn’t make them much different than any other owner or head coach in the league, but, yes, most teams did pass on Hardy. He’s that bad of a human being.

Whatever else Hardy was going to bring to the team, the Cowboys, we were told, were ready to deal with it. And Hardy, of course, is right on cue so far in bringing his seamy side. But in his sideline craziness at the Meadowlands, he charted new territory for out-of-control behavior.

What we’ve also seen from Hardy is a good football player the last two weeks. That is no surprise. I’d bet he’ll be a good football player on Sunday when the struggling-without-Romo Cowboys host the Seattle Seahawks in Arlington.

Being a good football player, however, should not mean that Jerry and Jason become his enablers for all other wacky behavior, but that’s exactly what is happening at Valley Ranch.

Hardy is what he was billed to be. He is what Carolina didn’t want anymore when that club released him after last season. Carolina, by the way, is 6-0 without him so far.

We all know Jerry has no respect for the position of head coach, or any other kind of coach.

But a new level of lowness was reached by Jones last week when not once did he ever publicly mention, in his role as general manager, that no player will ever lay a hand on a coaching staff member.

All Jerry had was gushing praise for Hardy.

Then there was Jason.

Not once did he ever admit Hardy had crossed a no-no-no line by attacking a member of his coaching staff. Instead, he went mealy-mouth in defending Hardy.

I will mention again that Garrett also just stood there on the sideline, watching it all unfold.

Sure, other players saw all this, and then saw how it was handled afterward, and what do you think they are thinking? Well, it’s only human nature to think it can be open season on the coaching staff and there will be no repercussions from above.

At least not for a talent like Greg Hardy, who has been known to attack a woman, but in this case, he couldn’t bully a much smaller, 56-year-old assistant coach.

Thank you, Rich Bisaccia for standing up when your two bosses fell to their knees, and kissed the feet, or the butt, of their big, bad idiot of a player.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Fuck Rich Bisaccia. His call to try to kick a returnable ball had more to do with us losing the game any one person's actions.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Lookit, we've lost 4 in a row and our season is unraveling uncontrollably.

They ALL should have been fucking raging on the sidelines.

I'll take the guy who gives a shit every time.

I like what Jon Gruden said about it. He said he never had a sign up on his sideline that said No Yelling. Basically, BFD. This isn't the glee club.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Galloway has always been a dumbass.

p1_

DCC 4Life
this has gotten a shot ton of press though. Hardy is the debbil.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I do agree though that Garrett is a wuss. But I expect nothing less from Jerry's boy. He knows when he's allowed to speak and when he isn't.

Top Bottom