User Tag List

Page 1 of 170 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 15 Gameday Chatter | Buccaneers vs Cowboys | 12/18/2016

Week 15 Gameday Chatter | Buccaneers vs Cowboys | 12/18/2016

Hopefully these notorious chokers get their act together today. I'm not too confident in our coaches ability to lift this team out of a funk but we'll see.

If things play out like I expect them to, we'll probably see Romo get the call to start next week against the Lions. I just don't see this coaching staff being creative enough to help Dak out of his funk.

That being said, I still take the Cowboys tonight. Only because we're at home.

Cowboys 19
    Buccaneers 17

Cowboys 24 Bucs 20

*If Dunbar is the 3rd down back flip the scores

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Let's do this.

I think we jump on them early and winning running away. I could see us winning by 14+.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Just saw it reported that over the last few weeks, Dak is 0-18 passing on 3rd and 4th down. Holy Christ. Didn't realize it was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Just saw it reported that over the last few weeks, Dak is 0-18 passing on 3rd and 4th down. Holy Christ. Didn't realize it was that bad.
    I saw that overall we're just 18% on 3rd downs the last 3 weeks. Just abysmal.

"Elite OL" pushed around by another good defense and sets Dak another step on the Retarder 2.0 trail.

Cowboys 13
    Bucs 17

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Hopefully these notorious chokers get their act together today. I'm not too confident in our coaches ability to lift this team out of a funk but we'll see.

If things play out like I expect them to, we'll probably see Romo get the call to start next week against the Lions. I just don't see this coaching staff being creative enough to help Dak out of his funk.

That being said, I still take the Cowboys tonight. Only because we're at home.

Cowboys 19
    Buccaneers 17
    Hopefully being back at home will help. And we need to get back to what we were doing and be more productive on first and second down so we don't keep having 3rd and longs. Need to take what is available and not try to force things as well as being more focused and cutting out the unforced mistakes. But yeah, I don't really have much confidence in the coaching helping Dak out. But if we keep putting Dunbar out there on 3rd downs making it 10 against 11 then all bets are off.

It has caused me great discomfort.
    Since Day One

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    The question is, ribeye or prime rib?
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

A lot has been made of the 3rd down struggles.....and rightfully so. But, IMO, the bigger issue is the 1st and 2nd down struggles.

The last couple of weeks it seems that our average 3rd down distance has been about 8 yards. Even Romo would have trouble sustaining drives under those conditions.

So to me the biggest issue that we need to fix is fixing our 1st and 2nd down issues so that we can stay ahead of the chains. Now some of those issues are on Dak as well. But the rest of the team shares the blame in this area of failure as well.

The stupid penalties, dropped passes, poor pass protection, poor play calling and coaching decisions, etc.

Get Dak into a lot of 3rd and 4 or less situations like earlier in the year and I'm willing to bet this offense will look great again.