2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The kid performed pretty well from my observation. Better than the Allen kid at his well being state. What did you see that would be different?
I wasn't really saying he didn't play well. He basically looked like a bunch of other spread QBs that I've seen 100 times. He hasn't faced a challenge and overcame it yet. So to crowning him this early is what I disagreed with. That's all. He did have a great game though.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wasn't really saying he didn't play well. He basically looked like a bunch of other spread QBs that I've seen 100 times. He hasn't faced a challenge and overcame it yet. So to crowning him this early is what I disagreed with. That's all. He did have a great game though.
Didn't crown him but I think he is ready for the college level competition.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Love Mahomes but he makes some really stupid decisions sometimes.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Love Mahomes but he makes some really stupid decisions sometimes.
A kid can get addicted to big plays and think bombs will work every time.

Run the offense and you'll move the ball fine without trying to always go big.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Well at least one group of Cowboys will win a game this weekend. #OkieState

1bigfan13

Staff member
Trevor Knight with a TD pass to his brother Connor Knight. Pretty cool.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh Kliff.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Why do I bother??

Cotton

Staff member
Fuck you, Texas Tech.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It is going to be an interesting finish in the big 12. OU hasn't played anyone yet but they have chance to make some noise here. We will see how it ends for them.

I was pretty much counting on Baylor to win it because they are the class of the conference. Now that Russell is out we will have to see.

TCU's defense could surge down the stretch. You know that Patterson will have his guys ready.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Game plan against TTU each week:

Don't worry how much TTU scores...keep swinging and they will eventually give up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Game plan against TTU each week:

Don't worry how much TTU scores...keep swinging and they will eventually give up.
What a joke Big 12 defenses are. Its like the conference has just given up on playing defense.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It is going to be an interesting finish in the big 12. OU hasn't played anyone yet but they have chance to make some noise here. We will see how it ends for them.

I was pretty much counting on Baylor to win it because they are the class of the conference. Now that Russell is out we will have to see.

TCU's defense could surge down the stretch. You know that Patterson will have his guys ready.
Honestly no one from the Big 12 has played anyone yet.

I guess their answer to not having a conference title game was to backload all the games between teams that were expected to contend for the conference title. It's pretty apparent that after getting burned last year they decided to frontload the contenders' schedules with cupcake competition so that the conference's top teams would start the year with 7-1/8-0 type records.

I'm sure they figured that by backloading the schedule, they could ensure that those games between TCU, Baylor, OU, and OSU would pit highly ranked teams against one another, which looks better to the playoff selection committee and strengthens the Big 12's argument when you're debating those 4 playoff spots.

Plus having those games in mid-late November keeps the games fresh in the committee's minds. Other conferences have a CCG so the Big 12 needs those TCU-Baylor match ups to be fresh in the committee's mind when the final decisions are being made as to who the 4 playoff teams should be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom