Archer - Sources: More going on with Joseph Randle than losing starting job

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sources: More going on with Joseph Randle than losing starting job

5h

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas -- On the day he lost his job as the Dallas Cowboys' starting running back, Joseph Randle left the team's Valley Ranch facility, but sources say there is more going on than just a change in role.

Randle is expected to meet with the coaches Thursday, according to sources.

He did not practice Wednesday because of a strained oblique suffered after two carries in Sunday's loss to the New York Giants. Initially, Randle was called probable to return to the game; however, he later was downgraded to doubtful and never returned.

He did go through rehab in full pads Wednesday.

Darren McFadden was promoted to the starting running back role after rushing for 152 yards and a touchdown on 29 carries Sunday. Randle started the first six games and has 315 yards and four touchdowns on 76 carries.

The Dallas Morning News was the first to report Randle's departure from Valley Ranch. Efforts to reach Randle's agent, Erik Burkhardt, were not successful.

Last year, cornerback Morris Claiborne skipped a walk-through after he learned he lost his starting job to Orlando Scandrick. He returned to the team's facility later that day and met with coach Jason Garrett, and he actually started the next game when the Cowboys opened in their nickel defense. He suffered a season-ending knee injury in that game against New Orleans, but the team stood by him and he is having his best season this year.

It has been a tumultuous 12 months for Randle on and off the field.

In February, Randle was arrested for unlawful possession of marijuana after the Wichita, Kansas, police received a call for domestic violence with a weapon after an incident between Randle and the mother of his son.

In April, the charges were dropped, but while legally clear, Randle faced sanctions from the NFL.

It was the second time in four months Randle had been arrested. Last October, Randle was arrested at a Frisco, Texas, mall for shoplifting. He was attempting to steal underwear and a tester bottle of cologne. The Cowboys fined Randle an undisclosed amount, and he apologized. In July, he was given six months of probation for the incident.

On the field, Randle was criticized over the offseason for saying DeMarco Murray left "meat on the bone" in rushing for a team-record 1,845 yards last year. Earlier this season, he drew the ire of the coaches for extending the ball over the goal line while leaping in back-to-back games.

After he did it in the 26-20 loss to the New Orleans Saints on Oct. 4, running backs coach Gary Brown had to be restrained by Randle's teammates in the bench area. Offensive line coach Frank Pollack also had sharp words for Randle on the field.
--------------

Amazing how mediocre players like him and Claiborne are allowed to do shit like this.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have no idea what this article is getting at. It outlined every negative thing but started by saying more is going on. Sounds to me like a disgruntled player after losing the starting job. What more does this writer think is going on?

townsend

Banned
I have no idea what this article is getting at. It outlined every negative thing but started by saying more is going on. Sounds to me like a disgruntled player after losing the starting job. What more does this writer think is going on?
I think the implication is that he's on the outs with management. Ryan Mallett style.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think the implication is that he's on the outs with management. Ryan Mallett style.
I agree that is the possible implication but it also could be that they want to talk to him about his behavior. It doesn't necessarily mean he is on the "outs".

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I hope they cut him if for no other reason than to not continue with this charade that he could be our starter. Basically, I think cutting him will light a fire under the front office's ass to find a real RB in the offseason.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fisher is saying some weird stuff that it is related somehow to the Ratliff scare. Don't ask how.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fisher is saying some weird stuff that it is related somehow to the Ratliff scare. Don't ask how.
Sounds to me like the guy may be a bit of a cancer and pissing off his teammates. If that's the case cut him and move on.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
ESPN reporting hes facing a fine and/or suspension for violating code of conduct.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Jesus Christ just fucking cut him. The guy is a nothing player and a loser.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
~queue the Quincy cut pic~

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We better be looking for another RB since McFadden will pull a hammy soon. That would leave Michael and the other Seahawk guy.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jesus Christ just fucking cut him. The guy is a nothing player and a loser.
No shit.

This is another thing I hate about this team.

Why do they treat these scrubs like they're all pros and let them get away with so much?

It's Joseph fricking Randle for crying out loud. The guy goes to jail for stealing underwear and now this, and he's still on the team?

Why?!

They act like the guy is a 1,500 yard All-Pro. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We better be looking for another RB since McFadden will pull a hammy soon. That would leave Michael and the other Seahawk guy.
Suddenly owning Christine Michael in both my leagues is looking good...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What a dumb shit. Just cut him now.

Top Bottom