The Best Horror-Movie Monsters

D

Deuce

Frankenstein and zombies never really scared me, but Dracula and especially Werewolves always did. American Werewolf in London is top 5 for me.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Frankenstein and zombies never really scared me, but Dracula and especially Werewolves always did. American Werewolf in London is top 5 for me.
Any kind of monster movie never really scared me. Things to do with the devil like The Exorcist, or Amityville Horror would make me shit, tho. Or movies that just dealt with crazy people. Things that could really happen. Like Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or Misery. Crazy people are the scariest monsters of all.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Any kind of monster movie never really scared me. Things to do with the devil like The Exorcist, or Amityville Horror would make me shit, tho. Or movies that just dealt with crazy people. Things that could really happen. Like Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or Misery. Crazy people are the scariest monsters of all.
Same here. I still get chills with the Exorcist, but scary monsters are real...just they are people. There have been movies about Gein, Bundy, Dahmer and the like, just nobody has been able to pull off the character well enough to be scary.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Same here. I still get chills with the Exorcist, but scary monsters are real...just they are people. There have been movies about Gein, Bundy, Dahmer and the like, just nobody has been able to pull off the character well enough to be scary.
Anthony Perkins imo plays the best character when it comes to the criminally insane characters. We watch the original Psycho every year around this time, and it still creeps me the F out.

As an aside, I did a report on Ed Gein for psychology class in high school. That dude is hands down the craziest mother fucker that has ever drawn breath. If you ever want to keep yourself awake at night wondering how the human mind can go so wrong, read a book about that dude. He's the guy movies like Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Silence of the Lambs, etc... were modeled after.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
American Werewolf in London scared the hell out of me as a kid.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer is so gritty that it feels more real than most found footage films. Tough to stomach at times.

D

Deuce

American Werewolf in London scared the hell out of me as a kid.
I've only seen it twice. Once as a kid and I had the same reaction. Then I watched it again during Haloween last year and I was able to truly grasp how great and funny it was.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The double nightmare in the hospital bed? woah.
Shit....that movie is full of scary and gory scenes.

But nothing beats the one when he goes through his initial transformation. Just gruesome.

townsend

Banned
Babadook was a great movie, but that had more to do with the characters than the actual monster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I decided to revive this thread.

The Must See Movies thread has a funny smell, too generic.

Post your horror movie shit here.

Against the advice of my own internal movie critic, I am watching Halloween Kills.

I am barely ten minutes into it and I want to turn it off.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Audition (a Japanese horror flick) is pretty fucked up

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The Road wasn't horror per se, but it rattled me for like a week. Just relentlessly bleak.

Top Bottom