Week 7 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Giants | 10/25/2015

Carp

DCC 4Life
We have to start winning, but aren't we just 2 games behind?

Carp

DCC 4Life
As an aside...I gained much respect for McFadden...that was a gritty vet performance there. Blocking was excellent, but he finished his runs strong.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Ironically the next three games are as easy as it gets going forward.

I just wish I could feel confident we'll win even one of them.

Dallas was the better team yesterday, but you can't allow KR's for scores or dumb pick-six plays. Running game finally showed up, but will it return for good or was that an aberration?

Cassel is a superior option to Weeden, despite the interceptions and weak downfield range. He made plays Weeden wouldn't have on two TD scoring drives.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I believe so. I think we need at least 1 win to have a chance but that would require not losing a game after Romo gets back. That would be 10-6 I believe. Slight chance but better than expecting the season over now.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
As an aside...I gained much respect for McFadden...that was a gritty vet performance there. Blocking was excellent, but he finished his runs strong.
McFadden putting up a solid performance was a pleasant surprise. Initially I was pissed when I saw that they still insisted on using him over C-Mike but the decision paid off this time around.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
McFadden putting up a solid performance was a pleasant surprise. Initially I was pissed when I saw that they still insisted on using him over C-Mike but the decision paid off this time around.
I think what we saw a little of was the benefit of using just one back and letting him get a feel for the game and the blocking. It's hard on a RB when you're putting him in the game for a series and then pulling him for a series. It really felt like we wore the Giants down with our running game. We haven't seen that all year.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think what we saw a little of was the benefit of using just one back and letting him get a feel for the game and the blocking. It's hard on a RB when you're putting him in the game for a series and then pulling him for a series. It really felt like we wore the Giants down with our running game. We haven't seen that all year.
Right. The RBs we chose may not exactly make people happy, but the bigger problem was forcing them to be a committee and always juggling them back and forth. Not only are they not able to get in a rhythm, but neither can the Oline. They have to get used to who they're blocking for, too. Every running back has different things they do or like, that the line picks up on and works with.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, I’m still not buying that having one team way out ahead in the division with a comfortable is somehow a good thing and that having everyone closely bunched together separated by 1 ½ games is somehow bad.

That doesn’t make any sense at all. Seems like Geng’s hatred for the Eagles is clouding his judgement.

The NFC East won’t have a wildcard team therefore it is division champ or bust. So I don’t see how having the Giants a full 3 games ahead of us is somehow good for the Cowboys.

It’s flawed logic.
A. It's usually better to have to leap 1 team than 2 or 3. Your odds are better.

B. You neglected to mention that I said we'd have beaten the Giants had they wonMonday night. It happens often enough that it's not a coincidence. We outplayed them save for the major mistakes as it was.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
A. It's usually better to have to leap 1 team than 2 or 3. Your odds are better.

B. You neglected to mention that I said we'd have beaten the Giants had they wonMonday night. It happens often enough that it's not a coincidence. We outplayed them save for the major mistakes as it was.
I didn’t neglect to mention the Giants-Cowboys aspect to your argument.

I intentionally didn’t mention it because it was pure assumption on your part. You assumed the Cowboys would be able to beat them. If it’s one thing I’ve learned in all my years of watching sports it’s never assume something will happen. Therefore I was happy the Giants lost to the Eagles because it keeps the Cowboys within striking distance of the division lead.

Whether you like it or not, that Philly victory over the Giants served as a bit of a safety net for the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

I think that's overrated. Also, they were both good immediately so I don't think using just one back had anything to do with it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am a little more encouraged with the team after yesterday's performance. Going long on some of the passing game did force the Giants to realign and allowed the running game to be effective. If Cassel can quell the Farve devil in him, that will go a long way toward a ball control game and show up on the scoreboard. It's a pretty steep hill currently but not an impossible one.

Genghis Khan

I didn’t neglect to mention the Giants-Cowboys aspect to your argument.

I intentionally didn’t mention it because it was pure assumption on your part. You assumed the Cowboys would be able to beat them. If it’s one thing I’ve learned in all my years of watching sports it’s never assume something will happen. Therefore I was happy the Giants lost to the Eagles because it keeps the Cowboys within striking distance of the division lead.

Whether you like it or not, that Philly victory over the Giants served as a bit of a safety for the Cowboys.
Yeah, I couldn't disagree more.

data

Forbes #1
The Eagles game is essentially do-or-die to have the division tiebreaker.

We will have to beat the Redskins twice to keep a +9-7 record and then win the division on a 5-1 divisional record.

Giants, Redskins and Eagles will have had 2 divisional losses or more.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He honestly looked like Murray at times out there. I didn't know he had that kind of passion in him. He comes of as a guy just collecting a check but played with some competitive fire in his running style yesterday.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He honestly looked like Murray at times out there. I didn't know he had that kind of passion in him. He comes of as a guy just collecting a check but played with some competitive fire in his running style yesterday.
I was thinking the same thing...now I don't think we can count on him to do what he did every week, but I did see some real passion and team first type attitude.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Those that are wanting to tank for a better draft pick can kiss my ass.

That is all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Eagles game is essentially do-or-die to have the division tiebreaker.

We will have to beat the Redskins twice to keep a +9-7 record and then win the division on a 5-1 divisional record.

Giants, Redskins and Eagles will have had 2 divisional losses or more.
It's simple, we have to win 2 of the next 3. The Eagles game might be the most important of those three but is a 4-2 division record really that bad? Or would it still likely give us the tie breaker over the Giants?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that's overrated. Also, they were both good immediately so I don't think using just one back had anything to do with it.
I use to agree with you but I've seen the Cowboys pull the effective back too many times this year just for the sake of "rotating guys" and I found it refreshing that for once we stuck with the hot hand. Clearly it worked out pretty well.

Top Bottom