Week 7 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Giants | 10/25/2015

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hooray for 8-8 with pride!
Better than losing out. I have never been able to root against the team. Just not how I was raised.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I am a little more encouraged with the team after yesterday's performance. Going long on some of the passing game did force the Giants to realign and allowed the running game to be effective. If Cassel can quell the Farve devil in him, that will go a long way toward a ball control game and show up on the scoreboard. It's a pretty steep hill currently but not an impossible one.
I agree. Having a QB that can hurt a defense helped a lot.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Does anyone know how much JJ "saved" by letting Harris walk? I knew we were going to regret that decision.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Nope. You still don't understand ebb and flow. We beat the Giants if they had beaten the eagles. At that point, the eagles are buried and we only have to worry about one team. Instead, we're buried. I don't see how that's better.
:lol

GTFO.

I don't understand ebb and flow, but you do, right?

That's why you said the Eagles would then win this week after winning last week.....because you know how ebb and flow works, or something.

Yea, how's that prediction working out for you?

Genghis Khan

I use to agree with you but I've seen the Cowboys pull the effective back too many times this year just for the sake of "rotating guys" and I found it refreshing that for once we stuck with the hot hand. Clearly it worked out pretty well.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of RBBC. I was saying all off-season we need a bell cow. I still think that.

But I think it's because defenses respect it more.

I do think rhythm for a running back can matter, but I think it's very low in importance. A day like yesterday we were blowing them up even early before any kind of rhythm could be established.

Genghis Khan

:lol

GTFO.

I don't understand ebb and flow, but you do, right?

That's why you said the Eagles would then win this week after winning last week.....because you know how ebb and flow works, or something.

Yea, how's that prediction working out for you?
I was wrong on the eagles because I wasn't going on ebb and flow, just gut instinct and fatalism. If I went with ebb and flow, I'd have said they would lose to Carolina because Monday winners who travel lose the following week way more often than normal. Which was my argument for the Giants winning Monday night, and I was right. It's just that it happened to the eagles since they were the team that won.

The eagles and giants both split the past two weeks. It would have been nice for usto have squeezed a win in there too.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I think its unlikely we win anything until Romo returns. Competitive? Sure. Win? No.

It would be in the franchise's best interest to "Lose with Honor for Connor Cook." Not that I would like it, but it would be in the best interest of the franchise.

Stupid Romo will come back and win enough to drop us to the middle of the first round.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Geng, you're looking way too much into it.

The Eagles won last week because it was a game between two average teams and the Eagles just happened to be the home team which gave them the slight advantage.

This week, they played a good team on the road, so they predictably lost.

The Giants were at home against a Cowboys team with no Romo and no Dez, and that's why they won.

This week's results have nothing to do with last week's. The outcome of these 3 games were all logical and expected.

And again, I have no idea on earth why you actually think it would be better for the Giants to be 5-2 today as opposed to 4-3.

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
Does anyone know how much JJ "saved" by letting Harris walk? I knew we were going to regret that decision.
It isn't like Harris didn't drop plenty of punts when he was here

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I was wrong on the eagles because I wasn't going on ebb and flow, just gut instinct and fatalism. If I went with ebb and flow, I'd have said they would lose to Carolina because Monday winners who travel lose the following week way more often than normal. Which was my argument for the Giants winning Monday night, and I was right. It's just that it happened to the eagles since they were the team that won.

The eagles and giants both split the past two weeks. It would have been nice for usto have squeezed a win in there too.
So you only use this superstition when it's convenient?

It's not harder to pass two teams than one. It's not like you have to win more games than both of them combined. It's a lot harder to make up a 2.5 game deficit than it is to make up 1.5. If the division stays muddy every team will have a shot. If the Giants run away with it there's no way we can catch them.

I don't believe this theory that DRC would forget how to intercept passes if the Giants had won last week or that we would have competent ST coverage.

GShock

DCC 4Life
It isn't like Harris didn't drop plenty of punts when he was here
I think letting Harris walk at the price was the right decision, as it was for Murray.

Now, as to the hiring of replacements for those positions ...

dallen

Senior Tech
I think letting Harris walk at the price was the right decision, as it was for Murray.

Agreed. We seem to have step 1 down after 30 years: Don't overpay aging vets. Now we just need to teach Jerry step 2: identify and acquire younger, cheaper replacements. Should be ready to win Super Bowl 80

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

This, I don't fault them for not paying Harris. I do for not taking kr/pr, safety, and dt positions seriously

Carp

DCC 4Life
This, I don't fault them for not paying Harris. I do for not taking kr/pr, safety, and dt positions seriously
I think they addressed S as well as they could. Byron Jones is a stud...Wilcox and Church kind of have to run their course before we add another one.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Terry Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson said on the postgame show that two of the picks Cassel threw were on the WR. Not sure if that's true or not, but communication and timing should improve and I don't expect Cassell to throw 3 picks a game going forward.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Terry Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson said on the postgame show that two of the picks Cassel threw were on the WR. Not sure if that's true or not, but communication and timing should improve and I don't expect Cassell to throw 3 picks a game going forward.
One of them was definitely on Williams

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I know at least one of them was on Williams. His little kinda cut but not really a cut caused that one because Cassel threw it to where Williams would have been had he ran his route properly and didn't half-ass it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I know at least one of them was on Williams. His little kinda cut but not really a cut caused that one because Cassel threw it to where Williams would have been had he ran his route properly and didn't half-ass it.
Was that the pick six or the other DRC pick?

Top Bottom