User Tag List

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: With Playoff Spot Secured Should Romo Play Now?

With Playoff Spot Secured Should Romo Play Now?

Since Dallas has secured a playoff spot should Romo get some playing time? My thoughts are if Dallas wins the next game Dak should be preserved and rested for a time and allow Romo to get some tune up time.. it would be good for both of them. Split time to keep both game ready.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Since Dallas has secured a playoff spot should Romo get some playing time? My thoughts are if Dallas wins the next game Dak should be preserved and rested for a time and allow Romo to get some tune up time.. it would be good for both of them. Split time to keep both game ready.
    Once homefield is wrapped up I'd probably try and get Romo some limited snaps. I mentioned before resting starters in the second half of our last game.

The problem is Dak is a rookie and he grows by every snap he takes. Robbing him of experience is a risk too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Once homefield is wrapped up I'd probably try and get Romo some limited snaps. I mentioned before resting starters in the second half of our last game.

The problem is Dak is a rookie and he grows by every snap he takes. Robbing him of experience is a risk too.
    True. It has potential down sides either way. I guess it's a matter of what has the most potential benefit.
    Since Day One

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    I don't play Romo until second half of the Philly game, regardless.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I don't play Romo until second half of the Philly game, regardless.
    Is there an underlying reason for this target game?
    Since Day One

I don't even think about playing him unless homefield is locked up. And even then I think hard about it, as it seems it would create more issues than it would be worth.

7. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    True. It has potential down sides either way. I guess it's a matter of what has the most potential benefit.
    Even the benefit comes with negatives, like yahoo fans thinking he gives us the best chance to win. Not to mention fueling Jones' man love.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Even the benefit comes with negatives, like yahoo fans thinking he gives us the best chance to win. Not to mention fueling Jones' man love.
    You don't see any benefit in allowing Dak to rest plus avoid possible injury in meaningless games? Not to mention the potential benefit of having the backup tuned up in the event he is needed? Just some areas for consideration.
    Since Day One

I also think of it as a showcase for a trade. Let other NFL teams really know that he is healthy and can take a hit. Could up his trade value significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I also think of it as a showcase for a trade. Let other NFL teams really know that he is healthy and can take a hit. Could up his trade value significantly.
    I don't think he'd want to play with a bunch of backups on a cold ass day in Philly. Let Sanchez do the honors.