User Tag List

Page 42 of 600 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142542 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    You waited an awful long time to say this. Did you finally realize how stupid that was? You certainly eluded to it several times, and then went on to say their speech wasn't protected by law. Who is doing the curbing? You haven't disclosed that. Are you, people can say what the want and will. You saying it needs to be curbed is as useless as having a meaningful conversation with a doorknob

It was part of the discussion thus relevant to bring up. You don't want to discuss because you are a hypocrite. Fine with me, I'm done going in circles with you.

I waited an awfully long time to say something I didn't say in the first place?

I have no idea what this means except you jumped to conclusions. The curbing is for the irresponsible actions of the irresponsible people who should curb themselves much like some of the dialogue you contrived in this discussion.

The topic of the previous election was your justification and I have already told you it was wrong and wasn't part of my commentary. Saying it was legit to my points was for your own benefit to create a sidetrack.

I'm glad you are through because you have apparently relegated you remarks to immature and childish name calling.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Regulations have made it way too easy for the medical industry to gouge a person. Those regulations prevent most of the checks and balances you might see in a normal competitive capitalist industry. The barriers to entry in the medical field essentially create monopolies that cause prices to go out of whack. There are two thoughts of process to it, remove some of the barriers and you get more competition which would drive down costs. (Basically stop the FDA from creating these monopolies) Or trust the government to take over the entire industry and run it correctly (God knows that would be filled with horrific abuse).

I'm not sure what the solution is exactly. I don't want unsafe medical products out there. But it also shouldn't take 5 years for someone to be able to put a competitive product to the Epipen on the market either. And I sure as shit don't trust the government to run something.
    There needs to be sensible reform to billing practices. Right now we have a combination of ridiculous red tape that makes it virtually impossible for medicine to function outside of the broken insurance model. But simultaneously there is no rules on billing whatsoever. If a hospital decides to bill a trillion dollars for an aspirin, that's perfectly kosher.

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    There needs to be sensible reform to billing practices. Right now we have a combination of ridiculous red tape that makes it virtually impossible for medicine to function outside of the broken insurance model. But simultaneously there is no rules on billing whatsoever. If a hospital decides to bill a trillion dollars for an aspirin, that's perfectly kosher.
    Which is funny because their are price gauging laws to prevent other industries from essentially charging high prices at times of emergency. But that's essentially what the medical industry does at all times.

4. The following user likes this post:

You can't make this shit up.

WASHINGTON — When President-elect Donald J. Trump offered Rick Perry the job of energy secretary five weeks ago, Mr. Perry gladly accepted, believing he was taking on a role as a global ambassador for the American oil and gas industry that he had long championed in his home state.

In the days after, Mr. Perry, the former Texas governor, discovered that he would be no such thing — that in fact, if confirmed by the Senate, he would become the steward of a vast national security complex he knew almost nothing about, caring for the most fearsome weapons on the planet, the United States’ nuclear arsenal.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Which is funny because their are price gauging laws to prevent other industries from essentially charging high prices at times of emergency. But that's essentially what the medical industry does at all times.
    Interesting that your unfettered free market mantra does not extend to health care.

I agree with a lot of what you say on this but I don't think regulations on drugs coming to market has that much to do with prices.

IMO it's the non regulation on the monopolies that are the issue, allow people to buy drugs from Canada and Mexico and prices would drop significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
    You can't make this shit up.
    Fakenews

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    Fakenews
    Apparently, you can make this shit up.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

10. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    Fakenews
    How is that fake?

Seems to me its somebody covering there ass.

When the Daily Caller tried to get clarification from McKenna, he said the Times mischaracterized his statement:

McKenna, though, told TheDC that the “headline” and lede of the story “don’t really reflect what I said.” He added that “of course” Perry understood the role of the Department of Energy when he was offered the job. Two-thirds of the DOE’s budget is devoted to maintaining the nation’s nuclear stockpiles. The nation’s primary site for the assembly and disassembly of nuclear weapons is located in Amarillo, Texas, a state Perry was governor of for 15 years.
    Last edited by Jiggyfly; 01-20-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Twitter is a fuckin' horrorshow right now.