Week 11 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Dolphins | 11/22/2015

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I will be very surprised if Belichick doesn't clown Ryan again, as he normally does.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If I didn't know better, I think the refs are pro-Patriots. They got the benefit of the doubt on that drive, which had them being nailed for the things they couldn't get away with (false starts), but on the plus side of anything subjective (i.e. pass interference).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn, Brady is in rare cunt bitch mode tonight. Bitching at the refs and teammates because he got rushed a couple of times.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Zero desire to watch or pay attention to this game. The NFL has really just gone down hill to me.

data

Forbes #1
As soon as McCoy didn't catch that TD pass, I knew it was going to be 10-3 Patriots. Missed FG for the Bills and Patriots TD.

Patriots are so annoyingly good at capitalizing mistakes and those inches.

Inches with Brandon LaFell bobbling and making that catch. Backup RB breaks one tackle and TD

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I didn't watch the game, but can someone explain this? The refs can now judge a player's intentions?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

I didn't watch the game, but can someone explain this? The refs can now judge a player's intentions?
I just saw he went backwards out of bounds, and I thought the clock runs in that situation.

Cotton

Staff member
I just saw he went backwards out of bounds, and I thought the clock runs in that situation.
Did he go backwards on his own, or did he get knocked backwards?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It looked like he intentionally went out. I thought he was under control and recall wondering why he wouldn't just go forward. His teammate did almost the same thing on an earlier play.

dallen

Senior Tech
It looked like he intentionally went out. I thought he was under control and recall wondering why he wouldn't just go forward. His teammate did almost the same thing on an earlier play.
People online are freaking out over how the refs screwed the Bills, but as far back as I can remember the refs will keep the clock running if you go out of bounds without attempting to advance the ball.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Even if they would have stopped the clock they would have had 2 seconds for a hail Mary, tbh the Pats have more of a beef with the refs on the inadvertent whistle where Amendola would very likely have had a TD

dallen

Senior Tech
Even if they would have stopped the clock they would have had 2 seconds for a hail Mary, tbh the Pats have more of a beef with the refs on the inadvertent whistle where Amendola would very likely have had a TD
Now that was a legitimate bullshit call

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Iamtdg said:
Definitely on his own. He was never touched, or even close to it. And to answer ravi's question, he did it at that weird angle because he fell at an awkward angle making a touch catch, and was just trying to propel himself to the sideline in any way possible ASAP before the clock ran out.

The guy wasn't "giving himself up" like after an INT or something. He obviously was trying to get out of bounds to stop the clock, which he did.

No, the Bills still wouldn't have won, but that doesn't change the fact that it was a horrendous call.

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
I swear I remember Marion Barber running out of bounds on little swing passes without moving forward multiple times, and the clock never stopped. I used to get really pissed off at him

Cotton

Staff member
Definitely on his own. He was never touched, or even close to it. And to answer ravi's question, he did it at that weird angle because he fell at an awkward angle making a touch catch, and was just trying to propel himself to the sideline in any way possible ASAP before the clock ran out.

The guy wasn't "giving himself up" like after an INT or something. He obviously was trying to get out of bounds to stop the clock, which he did.

No, the Bills still wouldn't have won, but that doesn't change the fact that it was a horrendous call.
Yeah, I'm not remembering all these times that they ran the clock after a player was able to get out of bounds. It happens in every game where a player intentionally makes a break for the sideline simply to get the clock stopped and save time, and 99% of those they go out of bounds entirely of their own volition.

Top Bottom