TV Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
I mean they did have a stinger for the second part of the season, mentioning Negan by name, but otherwise...that shit was lame. I was rooting for that bowl cut wearing dipshit kid to get eaten yesterday, now I have to wait until Feb...bullshit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I mean they did have a stinger for the second part of the season, mentioning Negan by name, but otherwise...that shit was lame. I was rooting for that bowl cut wearing dipshit kid to get eaten yesterday, now I have to wait until Feb...bullshit.

What the fuck was that stupid little shit doing at the end? Blowing everyone's cover?

And BTW, fuck Morgan with a double headed metal spiked dildo with a flame thrower, what a tool.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think after watching the most recent episode of Fargo, Season 2 might actually be better than Season 1.

Rare for a TV show to do that kind of thing.

Different pace on this year, but the last two episodes made me go all aa;lsifdhas;lfkasf

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What the fuck was that stupid little shit doing at the end? Blowing everyone's cover?

And BTW, fuck Morgan with a double headed metal spiked dildo with a flame thrower, what a tool.
I agree. Especially the part about Morgan. They should kick his ass out of their group. He is the epitome of the bleeding heart bullshit that pisses me the fuck off.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think after watching the most recent episode of Fargo, Season 2 might actually be better than Season 1.

Different pace on this year, but the last two episodes made me go all aa;lsifdhas;lfkasf
I am having to wait for it to record again. I could pay the 3 bucks an episode to watch it, but I'm a cheap ass. Talk me into paying for it.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Interesting, especially after you were downplaying it a bit at first.

I knew this season would be good because of the depth of acting talent.

I am waiting until the season is over so I can binge watch it but I might have to go ahead and jump in.

D

Deuce

I am waiting until the season is over so I can binge watch it but I might have to go ahead and jump in.
You should. There's only 2 eps left anyhow and it's fantastic.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It started slow. Billy Bob owned the stage from minute one. I was expecting that again.

It kicked it up like a hundred fold in the last two episodes. That's a product of great writing.

It is not just the acting.

The writing is so good.

It is like watching a Coen brothers movie every fucking week. So good.

That is, if you like that style and what they do.

I do, so I eat it up.

Not going to tell you what to do. But yeah, you should.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am having to wait for it to record again. I could pay the 3 bucks an episode to watch it, but I'm a cheap ass. Talk me into paying for it.
Feh.

Be cheap and deny yourself goodness.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You should. There's only 2 eps left anyhow and it's fantastic.
I'll wait a week because I will hate watching most of it and then have to wait.

I will start the binge after the next episode and finish up leading into the final.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It started slow. Billy Bob owned the stage from minute one. I was expecting that again.

It kicked it up like a hundred fold in the last two episodes. That's a product of great writing.

It is not just the acting.

The writing is so good.

It is like watching a Coen brothers movie every fucking week. So good.

That is, if you like that style and what they do.

I do, so I eat it up.

Not going to tell you what to do. But yeah, you should.
I was sold on the writer after last year and reading some interviews, I hoped with this roster he would do even better.

How has Jeffrey Donovan been as Dodd?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was sold on the writer after last year and reading some interviews, I hoped with this roster he would do even better.

How has Jeffrey Donovan been as Dodd?
Holy shit is all I will say.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:towel

He has been a favorite of mine since Burn Notice, hopefully he gets more good stuff after this.
I never watched Burn Notice, so I wouldn't know.

But from now on, he's MFing Dodd Gerhardt.

Excellent job.

D

Deuce

I never watched Burn Notice, so I wouldn't know.

But from now on, he's MFing Dodd Gerhardt.

Excellent job.
Burn Notice was an underrated show for being on USA. He and Bruce Campbell made a good team.

But ayuh, his squinty eyed Dodd Gerhardt is greatness.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Season 2 finale of The Leftovers has me thinking HBO might pull a Carnivale on it.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Don't know if we need a cutting the cord TV thread, so I'll put this here. If you are an Amazon Prime member you can now get Showtime and Starz through their video service for $9 apiece per month. Starz was the last hang up for me because my wife loves Outlander. After football season, I'm cutting the cord.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Don't know if we need a cutting the cord TV thread, so I'll put this here. If you are an Amazon Prime member you can now get Showtime and Starz through their video service for $9 apiece per month. Starz was the last hang up for me because my wife loves Outlander. After football season, I'm cutting the cord.
Great story...compelling and rich.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why do you say that? I never watched Carnivale.
They abruptly dumped Carnivale without warning. And so far, they have said nothing about a season 3 for The Leftovers. The creators stated they wanted to avoid any cliffhangers so the fans wouldn't be upset if it was not renewed.

Top Bottom