Must See Movies

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am intrigued by The Green Inferno...Roth's cannibal movie.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Fantastic 4 rights have been given back to Marvel...movie due in 2020. I'd really like to see a good movie...if nothing else, having characters like Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, and Galactus back to Marvel gives them some options.

D

Deuce

Fantastic 4 rights have been given back to Marvel...movie due in 2020. I'd really like to see a good movie...if nothing else, having characters like Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, and Galactus back to Marvel gives them some options.
I'm surprised Fox would hand them over so quickly. Just proves how big of a dumpster fire that move was.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Hopefully 5 years is enough time for people to forget how badly Fox mangled that franchise.

Betting Dr Doom is the new major baddie after Infinity Wars.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I am intrigued by The Green Inferno...Roth's cannibal movie.
I doubt it reaches the level of depravity of the original Italian cannibal movies. Those had legitimate animal cruelty and shit. They are an experience, but I have no desire to see one again. I will check out Green Inferno when it hits VOD.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I made the mistake of watching San Andreas. Do not make that same mistake. It was terrible.

Carl

RIP Brother
Watched Steve Jobs. Half of it was interesting but Sorkin is exhausting. Not sure if I would recommend it. But I do want to read a bit more about Jobs' childhood.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
"Boycott Star Wars VII" Movement Launched; Movie Called "Anti-White"

"Boycott Star Wars VII" Movement Launched; Movie Called "Anti-White"

The Force is with the Internet as it (im)patiently awaits the release of the first trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Not everyone is looking forward to the chance to revisit a galaxy far, far away, however; a social media movement is asking fans to #BoycottStarWarsVII.

The hashtag, which started appearing on Twitter Sunday night, expresses objection to the fact that The Force Awakens features lead characters who aren't white males with its users accusing the movie of pushing a sinister multicultural agenda.

"#BoycottStarWarsVII because it is anti-white propaganda promoting #whitegenocide," ran one tweet from an account calling itself "End Cultural Marxism." (A subsequent tweet from the same account read "A friend in LA said #StarWarsVII is basically 'Deray in Space,' " referencing civil rights activist DeRay Mckesson. "Jewish activist JJ Abrams is an anti-white nut.")

Another Twitter account, calling itself "Captain Confederacy," similarly griped that "SJWs [Social Justice Warriors] complain about White artists 'misappropriating' culture created by blacks but then celebrate a non-White Star Wars." Yet another complaint read that the movie should be boycotted "because it's nothing more than a social justice propaganda piece that alienates it's core audience of young white males."

A Twitter account named after the hashtag has been set up to promote the hate-filled hashtag and retweet comments posted using it.

Ignoring the fact that, while hardly a bastion of cultural diversity, even the earliest Star Wars movies featured leads of color (James Earl Jones voiced Darth Vader through the entire original trilogy, and Billy Dee Williams's Lando Calrissian joined the series with the second installment, The Empire Strikes Back), it should be noted that this isn't the first time that the more closed-minded Star Wars fans have been vocal about increased representation of minorities in the franchise; author Chuck Wendig responded to some homophobic fans upset at his inclusion of an openly gay Imperial officer in the novel Star Wars: Aftermath by imploring them to "stop being the Empire." (Wendig has also responded to the current situation.)

On social media, other Star Wars fans have responded in defense of the new movie:

Lunatic #BoycottStarWarsVII racists, weren't you serving drinks in Mos Eisley cantina? ("We don't serve their kind here.")

—Darryn M. Briggs (@darryn_briggs) October 19, 2015

I'm going to #BoycottStarWarsVII because I am a babyman who's terrified of the world around me

—Vid Icarus (@vid_icarus) October 19, 2015

#BoycottStarWarsVII folks, Lemme get this straight: Wookies, Ewoks & Droids are fine but a BLACK PERSON is a problem? Go home.You're Drunk.

—Audra McDonald (@AudraEqualityMc) October 19, 2015

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm guessing these nutjobs didn't have an issue when it was Samuel L. Jackson, but now all of a sudden they do?

Morons.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am just going to be running around work today making light saber sounds and motions...probably will try some force pushes too.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'm guessing these nutjobs didn't have an issue when it was Samuel L. Jackson, but now all of a sudden they do?

Morons.
He was a supporting character. Now it looks like the new heroes are a black guy and a (oh no) a woman! We all know how all these fucking internet warriors are scared shitless of strong women.

Carp

DCC 4Life
WGAS...retweeting idiocy and making a big deal out of it only helps them further their message.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
WGAS...retweeting idiocy and making a big deal out of it only helps them further their message.
Correct. These are lunatic fringe racists and it's a little retarded to give them any kind of coverage as if they are either legitimate or at least numerous.

Top Bottom