2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So he may be the best President ever. Noted!
What I was referring to had nothing to do with that we were talking about him acting like a dictator.

But anyway I will play along yes there is a chance just like there is a chance Romo will play 5 more uninjured years.

I don't see you signing up for that?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How do you fix healthcare? I have no fucking idea. I just know it will never be fixed as long as for profit insurance companies are in charge. And I seriously doubt allowing them to sell over state lines will do much to lower prices at all.
It most certainly won't be fixed at the hands of government administration and fining people who cannot afford it in the first place. The only hope to making it affordable is for competition to bring prices down. For that to happen there will most assuredly have to be an approach to market nationally. Personally I don't see a system where everyone can become a policy holder which has sufficient coverage.

townsend

Banned
Well it seems to me like there are some pretty huge leaps of logic, is all.

I mean, Hillary Clinton could easily be viewed as a sociopath, she's a liar and an egotist as well. She just doesn't mix it with slightly radical anti-immigration policies and machismo. She has her own brand of abuse of power lined up for when she is elected, though, you can be sure.

The left just runs way too easily to the Hitler/dictator comparison. Bush was Hitler. Now Trump is Hitler.

Translation: We equate any viewpoint that is farther right than moderately conservative to be "extremism."

Get over yourselves.

Trump isn't going to instantly ruin the country if he's President just like Obama didn't instantly ruin it or Bush didn't before him.

It's all a slow burn and Trump is just another step in that direction.

Leave the hyperbole at the door please, you look and sound foolish.

PS, I will be voting third party before voting for Trump so do not mistake me for an apologist. I have made the same argument to conservatives who told me I must vote for whatever schlub they trot out in a general election to stop Obama who is going to "ruin the country."
Let's discuss the sociopathy checklist:
glib and superficial charm
grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
need for stimulation
pathological lying
cunning and manipulativeness
lack of remorse or guilt
shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
callousness and lack of empathy
parasitic lifestyle
poor behavioral controls
sexual promiscuity
early behavior problems
lack of realistic long-term goals
impulsivity
irresponsibility
failure to accept responsibility for own actions
many short-term marital relationships
juvenile delinquency
revocation of conditional release
criminal versatility
Would it be incorrect to describe Trump as having a glib and superficial charm? Don't you think that describes him to a T? His repetitive cadence and his salesmen persona are definitively glib and superficial.

grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self? do I really need to say anything about this?

pathological lying. The man has the worst rating among politicians from political fact checkers. Also look at his "muslims in the streets", making fun of that crippled guy who writes for the times, and like a million other times he's been proven to be a liar.

Lack of remorse or guilt. Trump wants to torture the families of terrorists, has defrauded tons of people, has never apologized for any of the abhorrent shit he's said on the campaign trail.

shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness): The guy does not seem to have a great emotional range. He pretty much has peavishness and constipated as his two available responses.

Callousness or lack of empathy: The man wanted to torture the families of terrorists, make a registry of Muslims, and ban Muslims from entering the country.

parasitic lifestyle: He's a con man.

poor behavioral controls: The guy literally says whatever comes to his mind.

sexual promiscuity: I don't think this is debatable

early behavior problems: Trump was sent to military school, specifically because of "behavior problems" https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2015/07/17/yes-donald-trump-really-went-to-an-ivy-league-school/

lack of realistic long-term goals: You tell me, do you think it's possible to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it.

impulsivity and irresponsibility: This guy is on tape telling people he'll pay their legal fees for beating up a protestor. Tell me that isn't "impulsive and irresponsible"

failure to accept responsibility for own actions: "Why Do I Have to Repent or Ask for Forgiveness If I Am Not Making Mistakes?" Donald J Trump

juvenile delinquency: We mentioned he had issues that caused him to get sent to military school, no son of a millionaire will be a juvenile delinquent

revocation of conditional release:N/A

Criminal Versatility: The guy's a con man, who incited a riot, he'll never be charged. But that doesn't mean his actions aren't criminal.

Now with almost. every. point. on the sociopathy checklist showing Trump as a prototypical psychopath, I'd like you to say it's hyperbole. If you doubt any of my assertions, I'll be glad to supply links, or more elaboration to why he fits each of these points.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Let's discuss the sociopathy checklist:

Would it be incorrect to describe Trump as having a glib and superficial charm? Don't you think that describes him to a T? His repetitive cadence and his salesmen persona are definitively glib and superficial.

grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self? do I really need to say anything about this?

pathological lying. The man has the worst rating among politicians from political fact checkers. Also look at his "muslims in the streets", making fun of that crippled guy who writes for the times, and like a million other times he's been proven to be a liar.

Lack of remorse or guilt. Trump wants to torture the families of terrorists, has defrauded tons of people, has never apologized for any of the abhorrent shit he's said on the campaign trail.

shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness): The guy does not seem to have a great emotional range. He pretty much has peavishness and constipated as his two available responses.

Callousness or lack of empathy: The man wanted to torture the families of terrorists, make a registry of Muslims, and ban Muslims from entering the country.

parasitic lifestyle: He's a con man.

poor behavioral controls: The guy literally says whatever comes to his mind.

sexual promiscuity: I don't think this is debatable

early behavior problems: Trump was sent to military school, specifically because of "behavior problems" https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2015/07/17/yes-donald-trump-really-went-to-an-ivy-league-school/

lack of realistic long-term goals: You tell me, do you think it's possible to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it.

impulsivity and irresponsibility: This guy is on tape telling people he'll pay their legal fees for beating up a protestor. Tell me that isn't "impulsive and irresponsible"

failure to accept responsibility for own actions: "Why Do I Have to Repent or Ask for Forgiveness If I Am Not Making Mistakes?" Donald J Trump

juvenile delinquency: We mentioned he had issues that caused him to get sent to military school, no son of a millionaire will be a juvenile delinquent

revocation of conditional release:N/A

Criminal Versatility: The guy's a con man, who incited a riot, he'll never be charged. But that doesn't mean his actions aren't criminal.

Now with almost. every. point. on the sociopathy checklist showing Trump as a prototypical psychopath, I'd like you to say it's hyperbole. If you doubt any of my assertions, I'll be glad to supply links, or more elaboration to why he fits each of these points.
How is it that you know this person well enough to.give him a psychological analysis and evaluation. Seems to me that you would have to assume alot of things or rely on accounts of someone who may or may not give an accurate description. I appreciate the effort you put into this exercise but I don't think I can accept an evaluation that is obviously full of conjecture.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well again, you could say a lot of politicians fit that checklist. Trump is maybe more over the top than most, but that still doesn't make him Hitler or a dictator.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How isit that you know this person well enough to.givehim a psychological analysis. Seems to me that you would have to assume alot of things or rely on accounts of someone who may or may not give an accurate description. I appreciate the effort you put into this exercise but I don't think I can accept an evaluation that is obviously full of conjecture.
Pretty much. Again, I could do the same for Hilary Clinton.

OMG she's Hitler!!!!

townsend

Banned
Well again, you could say a lot of politicians fit that checklist. Trump is maybe more over the top than most, but that still doesn't make him Hitler or a dictator.
I'm pretty sure you could prove that Hillary doos not fit that checklist.

She might be a liar, and she has the general level of egocentrism necessary to run for the office of the presidency.

But she does have emotional range, White House staffers have written on how wrecked she was by Clinton's affair. She took blame for Benghazi, and showed remorse. She clearly has realistic long term planning, she started work on her presidential candidacy immediately after she left the White House, and worked 8 years to run the first time. She's not sexually promiscuous, she's hardly been parasitic she's a hard worker, and had to be the woman behind the man for a very long time. She's not impulsive and has strict behavior controls, unlike Trump Hillary parses her words.

No, I do not believe you could fairly make an assertion that Hillary is a pscychopath.

townsend

Banned
How is it that you know this person well enough to.give him a psychological analysis and evaluation. Seems to me that you would have to assume alot of things or rely on accounts of someone who may or may not give an accurate description. I appreciate the effort you put into this exercise but I don't think I can accept an evaluation that is obviously full of conjecture.
There's tons of evidence on every source. It's funny how you can drop some nonsense about the protestors being funded by moveon.org based on nonsensical conspiracact, but as something like Trump's character, which we've all been lambasted by for the last year, every sentence must be peer reviewed research

Never mind the fact that when you've forced me to do the googling for you, there's no amount of information that you're willing to accept, you just get huffy, and say you're done.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

She might be a liar, and she has the general level of egocentrism necessary to run for the office of the presidency.

But she does have emotional range, White House staffers have written on how wrecked she was by Clinton's affair. She took blame for Benghazi, and showed remorse. She clearly has realistic long term planning, she started work on her presidential candidacy immediately after she left the White House, and worked 8 years to run the first time. She's not sexually promiscuous, she's hardly been parasitic she's a hard worker, and had to be the woman behind the man for a very long time. She's not impulsive and has strict behavior controls, unlike Trump Hillary parses her words.

No, I do not believe you could fairly make an assertion that Hillary is a pscychopath.
Not to be cantankerous but how can you possibly know that? I can understand you believe it but that's as far as I can go with it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

All depends on how you want to spin it I guess. :lol

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Fuckin libtard. Bet you would vote for a third Obummer term. Har har har. Hitlery won't be any better

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
She took blame for Benghazi and showed remorse? Really?

If she's not impulsive and has strict behavior controls, why did she steal 200k worth of furniture and artwork from the whitehouse when the left?

And not really sure how anybody would know if she was sexually promiscuous or not, but whatever.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not to be cantankerous but how can you possibly know that? I can understand you believe it but that's as far as I can go with it.
No kidding. As though he knows her feelings or who she has had sex with. It's absurd.

By the way, I seriously doubt either person is an actual sociopath.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Well, here we are, debating whether or not one or both candidates for POTUS is a psychopath by the clinical definition.

If tomorrow all the things were gone......

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Fortunately it looks like there's a good chance of a brokered convention and I'd be shocked if trump could gather enough support to get the nomination at that point.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, here we are, debating whether or not one or both candidates for POTUS is a psychopath by the clinical definition.

If tomorrow all the things were gone......
Yeah it's horrific. This year is the perfect example of why the two party system is broke. Somehow we are given two really bad options. Yet everyone will feel compelled to simply vote for one or the other because they don't feel like their is any other legitimate option. The Presidency has become more of a celebrity position than one where we actually try to find someone who can make America better.

townsend

Banned
Obviously there's some guess work to this. But the largest, most enduring criticisms, the ones echoed by his professional career mirror the points on the psychopathy checklist.

He doesn't just lie like a politician, he lies pointlessly, gets called out, and the doubles down on the lie. There's a vast library of pathological lying from Trump in this campaign.

His inflated ego, his lack of "filter", his lack of planning, his glib superficial nature, these are all characteristics that he's become notorious for.

Clinton's known as a typical politician. But she can make a connection to another human.

Here's a video of someone who was on death row, but got exonerated, asking why she supports the death penalty. Look at her honest assessment of his experiences, and compare it to how Trump kight have responded.
If he hadn't just sent him out for being a dissenting voice, he would have given him his typical glib superficial meaningless answer "I know what your saying and we've got a problem, and we've got to fix this problem and the people I know they're gonna change things, they're gonna come up with better ideas and make sure we do better."

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't support Trump in any way, and at this point I'm rooting for a brokered convention so I don't have to make the choice. I'll still vote for Trump over Hillary. I know Trump is one of the biggest assholes on the planet and a practical joke of a human being. I'll vote for him against Hillary because she's tried to set a record for total legal bribe money accepted. It doesn't matter what she stands for because I believe she would do literally anything if someone came up with a big enough speaking fee for Bill or donation to the "Clinton Foundation".

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Fortunately it looks like there's a good chance of a brokered convention and I'd be shocked if trump could gather enough support to get the nomination at that point.
Doubt Cruz could either. No one likes that POS outside of Texas. Maybe Kasich's strategy works and he is the compromise pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom