Predict the Cowboys record this year...

Predict the Cowboys record this year...

• Total voters

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Okay, now that the draft is over, OTA's are past, and suspensions are realized, how do you see us doing this year?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Okay, now that the draft is over, OTA's are past, and suspensions are realized, how do you see us doing this year?
The Mendoza line, but worse by a game or two. Garrett is incapable of coaching this team above what Romo can provide. He will miss a few games here or there and that will be the difference between getting a chance to play for an win and in the final week, which is about his speed.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I think the vets here won't let last year happen again. That is of course barring injury, and despite of Garrett and Jerry's buffoonery.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think the vets here won't let last year happen again. That is of course barring injury, and despite of Garrett and Jerry's buffoonery.
Even when fully healthy this core group has shown that you can pretty much only expect about 8 wins from them.

I'm going 7-9 because I think the suspensions are going to have a significant impact. Plus our 2nd best receiving threat (Witten) is older & slower.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think the vets here won't let last year happen again.
How are they going to accomplish that? Are they going to miraculously enter God Mode in become incapable of making their own mistakes or getting hurt?

I have read the same crap year after year from "the vets" like Romo, Lee, Witten etc. that talk a lot about learning, getting better, etc. yet things don't change more than they do.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
8-8/7-9.

Romo is a year older and more fragile, so I can't see him playing 16 games.

This is a bad defense that did nothing to get better and they'll be missing 3 starters for the first month of the season.

Assuming Romo can still play at a high level, he along with what should be a good running game will keep us in most games, but the defense and coaching will lose a handful of those close games, and it's very likely the offense will have a mistake themselves that could cost them a win or two.

This team isn't getting better, it's getting worse. I just don't see how this team wins 10 or more games.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't predict Romo's health but I think that's all that really matters for us.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Based on recent history, I went with 8-8 because it seems to be the norm.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am not going to predict this season because there isn't enough indication either way yet as to what this team is really made of. There are too many coaching deficiencies and depth questions to even get a feel for their capabilities.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I am not going to predict this season because there isn't enough indication either way yet as to what this team is really made of. There are too many coaching deficiencies and depth questions to even get a feel for their capabilities.
LOL.. You dont predict any season.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
LOL.. You dont predict any season.
Oh but you are incorrect. I have usually predicted winning seasons for the past several years only to have been proven wrong.

Rev

Staff member
Oh but you are incorrect. I have usually predicted winning seasons for the past several years only to have been proven wrong.
You never do one of these polls.

Rev

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I do and I remember that we talked about this last year. You didn't do it then.
Go to last year's poll and you will see my comments. I don't know how to disclose the tabulation but I looked up the last 3 seasons polls and I have commented in each of them.

Top Bottom