User Tag List

Page 530 of 669 FirstFirst ... 30430480520528529530531532540580630 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 6682

Thread: President Trump Thread...

  1. #5291
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,228
    Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    When you are drafted you have a DUTY to serve.

    But no, he was too much of a fucking coward to do so.

    If this guy was a (D) he would be getting absolutely destroyed on FOX News and the like for getting 5 draft deferments.
    The draft laws contained provisions for deferment and a lot of people used the provision so don’t hone in on one person and become their judge and jury unless you are willing to condemn thousands of others some of which could be your family members. Go call them a POS draft dodger as well if you have the courage to do that.
    Since Day One

  2. #5292
    Senior Member 2233boys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,652
    I served in the Army can I call him a coward? To me it is a non factor, I don't care if he served or not. Not why I don't like him.

    There is a ridiculous amount of rationalization going on with this from the right. Choosing not to sign up voluntarily is not the same thing as seeking a deferment from the draft for Bone Spurs. (when he played sports at the same time in college) It just isn't, to anyone not trying to make an excuse for their guy.

    I lived through the Clinton election it was a huge issue when he was running. Same way with W, it came up all the time, specifically in the primary when he was running against McCain. Not a peep about Trump. The further we get from the baby boomers the fewer candidates we will have that serve.

  3. #5293
    Senior Member BipolarFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up my ass
    Posts
    9,462

  4. #5294
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,228
    Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    I served in the Army can I call him a coward? To me it is a non factor, I don't care if he served or not. Not why I don't like him.

    There is a ridiculous amount of rationalization going on with this from the right. Choosing not to sign up voluntarily is not the same thing as seeking a deferment from the draft for Bone Spurs. (when he played sports at the same time in college) It just isn't, to anyone not trying to make an excuse for their guy.

    I lived through the Clinton election it was a huge issue when he was running. Same way with W, it came up all the time, specifically in the primary when he was running against McCain. Not a peep about Trump. The further we get from the baby boomers the fewer candidates we will have that serve.
    The point is why call him a coward at all. BiPo seems bent on hanging that label on him.
    Since Day One

  5. #5295
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    23,423
    Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    I lived through the Clinton election it was a huge issue when he was running. Same way with W, it came up all the time, specifically in the primary when he was running against McCain. Not a peep about Trump. The further we get from the baby boomers the fewer candidates we will have that serve.
    Were you drafted? I've never lived through a draft or been part of a draft. I think over time the population cares less and less about who served in the military and less and less about the draft. Most of us weren't even alive or old enough to remember. It's more a change in society than anything.

  6. #5296
    Senior Member 2233boys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Were you drafted? I've never lived through a draft or been part of a draft. I think over time the population cares less and less about who served in the military and less and less about the draft. Most of us weren't even alive or old enough to remember. It's more a change in society than anything.
    How old do you think I am?

    No I was born before it ended, but I volunteered in 91.

    I agree, but when people Like Trump, make comments about people's patriotism or service, when they themselves never served. When they themselves in fact did everything they could to get out of serving. Those folks can expect and should expect it a little blow back.

  7. The following user likes this post:


  8. #5297
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,228
    Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    How old do you think I am?

    No I was born before it ended, but I volunteered in 91.

    I agree, but when people Like Trump, make comments about people's patriotism or service, when they themselves never served. When they themselves in fact did everything they could to get out of serving. Those folks can expect and should expect it a little blow back.
    Maybe so but that doesn't earn them a title to be called a coward. They just opted to not serve.
    Since Day One

  9. #5298
    Senior Member BipolarFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up my ass
    Posts
    9,462
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Maybe so but that doesn't earn them a title to be called a coward. They just opted to not serve.
    Complete and utter bullshit.

    If this was a democrat with 5 fucking deferments FOX NEWS would go to maintenance with outrage.

  10. The following user likes this post:


  11. #5299
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    23,423
    Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    How old do you think I am?

    No I was born before it ended, but I volunteered in 91.

    I agree, but when people Like Trump, make comments about people's patriotism or service, when they themselves never served. When they themselves in fact did everything they could to get out of serving. Those folks can expect and should expect it a little blow back.


    I wasn't sure how old you are. And frankly I think Trump is a douche bag, but it's not because he avoided the draft. It's because he is an arrogant prick and yes a hypocrite as well. Not sure there is a reason to dwell on that though. Certainly not worth making a big deal about day after day.

  12. The following user likes this post:


  13. #5300
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,228
    Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Complete and utter bullshit.

    If this was a democrat with 5 fucking deferments FOX NEWS would go to maintenance with outrage.
    It was not an issue with Clinton, but Bush was attacked. It was not an issue with Obama but Trump is a target. Notice a pattern here?
    Since Day One

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •