Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Number 1 draft pick to Cleveland.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Number 1 draft pick to Cleveland.
They might as well play Manziel. Not like they have anything to lose. At least then when they draft a QB and dump Manziel they will have some of a track record to explain why they did it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Rex Ryan: It would be fun to add my brother to the Bills’ staff

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 17, 2015, 1:07 PM EST

Bills head coach Rex Ryan isn’t planning any changes to his coaching staff. But he sounded amused when asked about the possibility of hiring his twin brother, Rob Ryan.

Rob, who was fired as defensive coordinator of the Saints on Monday, could end up in Buffalo coaching for Rex, who said today that he would “never say never” to hiring Rob.

“Not going to lie, it would be fun,” Rex Ryan said.

The Ryan brothers have worked together before: Their dad, Buddy Ryan, hired both of them to coach on his staff for the 1994-95 Cardinals. Twenty years later, Rex would consider a reunion.

Unfortunately for Rob, he may need his brother to hire him if he wants an NFL job at all. After Rob coordinated one of the worst defenses in NFL history this year with the Saints, it’s possible that his twin brother is the only NFL head coach who’d be willing to hire him.
--------------

It would be just like Garrett and his god-damned brother.

The NFL is so full of nepotism, it is nauseating.

dallen

Senior Tech
Doug Flutie's parents die on same day

ESPN.com news services

Doug Flutie's parents died within an hour of each other Wednesday after being married for 56 years, the former NFL quarterback said on Facebook.

Flutie said that his father, Dick, had been ill and died of a heart attack in the hospital. Less than an hour later, Dick Flutie's wife, Joan, suddenly had a heart attack and also died.

"They say you can die of a broken heart and I believe it," Flutie said. "I would like to honor my parents for all that they did throughout my and my brothers' and sister's lives. My parents were always there for their children, from the days my Dad coached us as kids and my Mom would work the concession stands, through to this morning."

"The most important part of their 56 years of marriage was providing opportunities to their children," Flutie continued. "They were incredible parents and Grandparents and my family and I will miss them both. On behalf of me and the entire Flutie family, I would like to thank you all for your well wishes and prayers during this difficult time."

Flutie spent 12 seasons in the NFL with the New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers and Chicago Bears. He is best known for his Hail Mary pass against Miami while playing for Boston College in 1984. Boston College tweeted its condolences Wednesday afternoon, saying, "Our hearts go out to the Flutie family, all of whom are in our prayers."

-----------------------------
That is really sad for Flutie, but kind of touching in a way

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[h=1]Colin Kaepernick to IR, ends his season, likely time with 49ers[/h] Posted by Michael David Smith on November 21, 2015, 2:06 PM EST

Colin Kaepernick will not play again this season. And may not ever again play for San Francisco.

The 49ers announced today that Kaepernick has been placed on season-ending injured reserve. That means Blaine Gabbert is the starter the rest of the way, and he’ll be backed up by Dylan Thompson, who was called up from the 49ers’ practice squad.

It’s a stunning end for Kaepernick, who just a couple years ago was widely regarded as not just a franchise quarterback but perhaps a player who could redefine the quarterback position in the NFL. This year he was so ineffective that the 49ers benched him, and now they’ve shut him down for the year.

The injury is to Kaepernick’s non-throwing shoulder and is not believed to be serious enough to prevent him from passing a physical next year. The 49ers are off the hook from having to pay Kaepernick anything beyond this season if they cut him, as long as he’s healthy enough to pass a physical.

One of the major offseason stories next year will be whether the 49ers can find a new franchise quarterback, and whether Kaepernick can find some team that can turn him into a star again.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
[h=1]Colin Kaepernick to IR, ends his season, likely time with 49ers[/h] Posted by Michael David Smith on November 21, 2015, 2:06 PM EST

Colin Kaepernick will not play again this season. And may not ever again play for San Francisco.

The 49ers announced today that Kaepernick has been placed on season-ending injured reserve. That means Blaine Gabbert is the starter the rest of the way, and he’ll be backed up by Dylan Thompson, who was called up from the 49ers’ practice squad.

It’s a stunning end for Kaepernick, who just a couple years ago was widely regarded as not just a franchise quarterback but perhaps a player who could redefine the quarterback position in the NFL. This year he was so ineffective that the 49ers benched him, and now they’ve shut him down for the year.

The injury is to Kaepernick’s non-throwing shoulder and is not believed to be serious enough to prevent him from passing a physical next year. The 49ers are off the hook from having to pay Kaepernick anything beyond this season if they cut him, as long as he’s healthy enough to pass a physical.

One of the major offseason stories next year will be whether the 49ers can find a new franchise quarterback, and whether Kaepernick can find some team that can turn him into a star again.
Griffen and Kaepernick to Dallas to compete for jobs.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Cotton

Staff member

This is a good account to follow if you aren't already.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Quinton Coples was released today.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd take a flyer on coples.
It's just such an odd cut. It's not like the guy hasn't been a solid producer at times in his career. I wonder if he has a bad attitude or something. The only reason I can think of that you cut a guy like that in the middle of the season is because he is a cancer. His 6'6" 290 lb frame with first round talent has me intrigued but there has to be more going on that I'm not aware of.

Cotton

Staff member
It's just such an odd cut. It's not like the guy hasn't been a solid producer at times in his career. I wonder if he has a bad attitude or something. The only reason I can think of that you cut a guy like that in the middle of the season is because he is a cancer. His 6'6" 290 lb frame with first round talent has me intrigued but there has to be more going on that I'm not aware of.
The team is saying that it's because of all of the depth they have, but I'm not exactly sold on that.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
[h=1]Pettine tired of Manziel incidents, won’t say he remains Browns’ starter[/h]Posted by Zac Jackson on November 24, 2015, 12:21 PM EST

AP
The Browns returned to work Tuesday, which means reporters asked coach Mike Pettine aboutJohnny Manziel’s weekend away from the team.

This has happened before. And this time, Pettine’s answer was “disappointing. Very.”

Pettine said the organization is concerned about Manziel’s “repeated pattern of behavior” and will discuss the latest incident and that pattern later on Tuesday. Pettine said he didn’t want to make a “knee jerk” reaction but also said he can’t say now if Manziel will start at quarterback for the Browns next Monday vs. the Ravens.

The team named Manziel the starter for the rest of the season last week.

The website Busted Coverage first posted about Manziel’s night out in Austin, Tex., on Monday afternoon. Busted Coverage had pictures and videos it says were taken last Friday.

Manziel vowed last week not to be “an embarrassment or a distraction” for the Browns during his bye week.

Manziel spent almost three months in rehab for an undisclosed issue starting last January. Last month he was back in the news after police were called to a roadside argument between Manziel and his girlfriend; no charges were filed and the NFL also declined to discipline him.

Maybe Pettine and the Browns have had enough. Stay tuned.

Top Bottom