Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That's funny, I just read and article that mentioned how it isn't a track statistic at all.

It's also interesting because Derrick Henry according to those stats is way better after contact then Zeke.
Its probably not an accepted stat because of different opinions on the numbers??? Thats the only thing I could think of but I would imagine that you will start to see more and more as seasons go by.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Its probably not an accepted stat because of different opinions on the numbers??? Thats the only thing I could think of but I would imagine that you will start to see more and more as seasons go by.
Here is what I saw. Yeah. It is PFF.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

That is interesting, the other site posted has him at 2.2 ypa after contact. While Derrick Henry for example is 2.5 on the same site.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's true but I would be pretty surprised if we draft one high this year. I think we think we are mostly ok at the position.
Yeah I think a guy like Prosise, Kenyan Drake or Paul Perkins is way more likely. We brought all 3 for a predraft visit and they all kind of fit a similar role as a RB who can catch the ball and really make things happen. Someone that may be able to take Dunbar's roster spot. Especially if Dunbar isn't healed up to start the season.

Paul Perkins is really starting to grow on me. The guy doesn't get talked about hardly at all. But an electric guy who was ultra productive.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It better not be Drake.
I hope not. I hate RB's who weren't good enough to garner serious carries in college but somehow get a pass because the guy they sat behind was really good. Drake hasn't done anything to convince me he is worth serious consideration in this draft. To me if he went to most any other school he would be viewed as an UDFA type. Instead I saw somewhere that projected him as like a 3rd round pick.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I wouldn't mind Perkins in the 4th. I do think we'll draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th like him or Prosise.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't mind Perkins in the 4th. I do think we'll draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th like him or Prosise.
Like I said, to me it appears as though we are looking hard at guys who can catch the ball and run it in that area. Which makes sense. If McFadden goes down we need someone who can catch the ball because Alfred Morris sucks at that. I don't know if Dunbar will be ready to start the season.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I like Zeke's blocking. Can't be overlooked when comparing rookie RBs for a 36 year old QB whose collar bone is made of tissue paper.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Not Julius Jones tripping on a grass monster, but the Georgia game showed how a lot of teams would attack him.

There were 5 instances of him running through arm tackles and no issues with balance.

If teams attack like that the passing game would be wide open and he still has gas at the end of games.

That video is every reason why 9 was wrong.

Jiggyfly

Banned

And even there Henry less than a quarter yard behind Elliott.

Elliott is the superior back no doubt but Henry is good as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like Zeke's blocking. Can't be overlooked when comparing rookie RBs for a 36 year old QB whose collar bone is made of tissue paper.
I do too. But we won't take him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah I think a guy like Prosise, Kenyan Drake or Paul Perkins is way more likely. We brought all 3 for a predraft visit and they all kind of fit a similar role as a RB who can catch the ball and really make things happen. Someone that may be able to take Dunbar's roster spot. Especially if Dunbar isn't healed up to start the season.

Paul Perkins is really starting to grow on me. The guy doesn't get talked about hardly at all. But an electric guy who was ultra productive.
Would love Perkins in the 4th. Maybe even the 3rd. His stock is really rising.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would love Perkins in the 4th. Maybe even the 3rd. His stock is really rising.
I'm cool with either. Perkins falls into a pretty decent size group of RBs who I'd all be thrilled with in the 3rd to 4th range. Might prefer waiting until the fourth simply because our third is so high but either way.

I see no reason to burn one of our first two picks on a RB.

Jiggyfly

Banned
For all of th people saying Henry is plodder.

He is the quickest PLAYER measured by SS in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom