Brice Butler

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
Is this kid ever going to get on the field again? He, once again, didn't practice yesterday.. Who knows about today.

He performs well against the Giants after being out for two weeks and then takes another two weeks off.

Does anyone know if his absence is still related to the injury or is just inactive?

I'm tired of injuries to this team!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Is this kid ever going to get on the field again? He, once again, didn't practice yesterday.. Who knows about today.

He performs well against the Giants after being out for two weeks and then takes another two weeks off.

Does anyone know if his absence is still related to the injury or is just inactive?

Get yourself a faith healer and get out to the ranch and get to work. :art

data

Forbes #1
Brice has more DCC thread titles with his name than he does catches.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He has had hamstring issues.

It is not like we have not seen that before.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Brice has more DCC thread titles with his name than he does catches.
I think he is a hell of a lot more talented and worthy of time than Devin Effing Street.

He's been hurt, just curious how bad the hamstring is. Pretty serious if a tweak from three weeks ago turns into what it is now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he is a hell of a lot more talented and worthy of time than Devin Effing Street.

He's been hurt, just curious how bad the hamstring is. Pretty serious if a tweak from three weeks ago turns into what it is now.
Frankly I wonder if he isn't close to as talented as old butter fingers Williams.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Frankly I wonder if he isn't close to as talented as old butter fingers Williams.
Williams is a 1 contract guy, I think he will play a in the NFL for awhile but you will always be looking to upgrade.

I am not opposed to keeping him around but I think that would stop the team from looking for a true upgrade.

dallen

Senior Tech
Isn't our compensation to the Raiders based on playing time?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Williams is a 1 contract guy, I think he will play a in the NFL for awhile but you will always be looking to upgrade.

I am not opposed to keeping him around but I think that would stop the team from looking for a true upgrade.
Sometimes I really like him but lately it seems like all drops without the impressive plays to make up for it. I mean Dez will drop a ball here and there but then he makes a studly play that makes up for it. Williams is fine as a number 2, but I wonder if Butler couldn't give you similar stuff with maybe a little better hands.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Dez would benefit so much from a true deep threat opposite him. For a little while, Williams appeared to be that guy, but not so much anymore. He just doesn't have it...talent is there, can't put my finger on it. As Dez gets older I think you will see him working underneath a lot more and having that burner on the outside would certainly help.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I agree. It's a shame about the hamstring but he looked useful. Street not so much.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sometimes I really like him but lately it seems like all drops without the impressive plays to make up for it. I mean Dez will drop a ball here and there but then he makes a studly play that makes up for it. Williams is fine as a number 2, but I wonder if Butler couldn't give you similar stuff with maybe a little better hands.
I think in today's NFL you need a better number 2 than Williams, he just has to many holes in his game to constantly threaten a defense.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dez would benefit so much from a true deep threat opposite him. For a little while, Williams appeared to be that guy, but not so much anymore. He just doesn't have it...talent is there, can't put my finger on it. As Dez gets older I think you will see him working underneath a lot more and having that burner on the outside would certainly help.
No one accepted that assessment when I posed it about Williams about 2 years ago. It is correct now and it was correct then. He cannot catch with a defender close nor can he get separation on routes. He runs his sideline routes leaving no room to maneuver and he waits to long to break off a route. His strong suite is the parallel pattern over the middle.

Jiggyfly

Banned
No one accepted that assessment when I posed it about Williams about 2 years ago. It is correct now and it was correct then. He cannot catch with a defender close nor can he get separation on routes. He runs his sideline routes leaving no room to maneuver and he waits to long to break off a route. His strong suite is the parallel pattern over the middle.
Because 2 years ago he was going into his second year, why would anybody think he could not improve.

He has gotten much better getting separation his only issue is contested catches.

And you were hardly alone questioning Williams don't make yourself such a martyr.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Because 2 years ago he was going into his second year, why would anybody think he could not improve.

He has gotten much better getting separation his only issue is contested catches.

And you were hardly alone questioning Williams don't make yourself such a martyr.
Martyr? More like a correct assessment.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Martyr? More like a correct assessment.
Sure and the first couple of games this season with Romo people were singing his praises and talking about how hard he may be to resign. It's amazing what a competent QB can do for a WR like that.

Still, Bryce Butler intrigues me a little. Wish his hammy wouldn't have locked up.

Top Bottom