Dunbar Signed Back

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

One of the worst teams in Dallas history at 4-12, yet we are re-signing evrabody.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm actually okay with this. Cheap deal and only one year. If he can stay healthy (yes, I know it's a huge if) he can contribute.

townsend

Banned
This is bullshit. The last thing we need is bring back the gimpy "weapon x" of a team with 44% red zone efficiency.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
This guy has stayed healthy never. They can probably get a comparable RB with the same skill set with one of those 6th round comp picks. This team is obsessed with resigning its own free agents and this is an instance where it is just plain stupid, IMO. Over/under on him being healthy for 8 games?

This just seemed like such a clear case of 'just move on' to me. I don't get it. It is a cheap one year deal, yes, but that still doesn't make it a good idea.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm actually okay with this. Cheap deal and only one year. If he can stay healthy (yes, I know it's a huge if) he can contribute.
That "one year" will keep them from considering a back that can do his job and better.

He's the new Kevin Ogletree.

Keep signing his sorry ass back because we have the laziest front office in the NFL.

Cotton

Staff member
I knew that comment wouldn't be very popular. :lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is getting just stupid. Whem you sign multiple scrubs like this you just sacrificed the contract f a real starting talent. We already know what the F Dunbar is. Why are we still dragging him along. No one else wanted the guy for good reason.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It's like we're the 76ers gearing up to shoot for another lottery pick. I blame Carp and Genghis.

data

Forbes #1
Resigning your own is an indicator of team success. In this case, the cart is pulling the horse.

Cotton

Staff member

:tippytoe

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lance Dunbar will earn as he plays

2:57 PM ET
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas -- Lance Dunbar has signed his one-year contract with the Dallas Cowboys, and he will have to be on the 46-man roster every game to make the base value of the contract.

The max value of Dunbar's contract is $1.75 million but $500,000 of that is tied up in incentives.

He received a $100,000 signing bonus and has an $800,000 base salary. He can earn up to $350,000 in per-game roster bonuses, receiving $21,875 per game.

Because he was on the roster for only four games last season, Dunbar's salary cap figure is $987,500.

Dunbar is in the middle of a strenuous rehab as he comes back from a torn patellar tendon and anterior cruciate ligaments suffered against the New Orleans Saints on a kickoff. He could open the season on the physically unable to perform list, which would require him to miss the first six games of the season.
==========

Makes it a little more palatable.

Top Bottom