Archer - Sources: Cowboys add Lionel Vital to scouting staff

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sources: Cowboys add Lionel Vital to scouting staff

1:00 PM ET
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys have added Lionel Vital as a senior personnel executive to the team’s scouting staff and he will report to Will McClay, the senior director college/pro personnel, according to multiple sources.

Vital spent the past three seasons as the director of player personnel with the Atlanta Falcons and had a nine-year run with the organization.

Vital was a national scout with the Baltimore Ravens from 2007-11 and was with the New England Patriots from 2001-04 as their assistant director of college scouting.

He will work on the college scouting side with the Cowboys. In Atlanta his responsibilities included cross checking the top 150 draft prospects and the top free agents.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Feh. I've never heard of him but if he helps I'm all for it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feh. I've never heard of him but if he helps I'm all for it.
Interesting guy. Cut his teeth in Cleveland and New England with Belichick. Followed Dimitroff to Atlanta, became a fall guy when Arthur Blank wanted to elevate Scott Pioli.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Sources: Cowboys add Lionel Vital to scouting staff

1:00 PM ET
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys have added Lionel Vital as a senior personnel executive to the team’s scouting staff and he will report to Will McClay, the senior director college/pro personnel, according to multiple sources.

Vital spent the past three seasons as the director of player personnel with the Atlanta Falcons and had a nine-year run with the organization.

Vital was a national scout with the Baltimore Ravens from 2007-11 and was with the New England Patriots from 2001-04 as their assistant director of college scouting.

He will work on the college scouting side with the Cowboys. In Atlanta his responsibilities included cross checking the top 150 draft prospects and the top free agents.
This is a very strong hire.

Top Bottom