Official Manziel To Dallas? Griffin To Dallas? Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Photos finally released of Johnnys Vegas trip

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't want to automatically shit all over this because if we weren't drafting so high I might be in favor of continuing to roll with Romo, drafting a guy who needs development time, and having RG3 or Manziel be the vet backup except with some growth potential.

But fuck if I'm going to advocate adding RG3 or Manziel INSTEAD OF a stud rookie QB. I'm not doubling down on a guy who has already failed when a blue chipper is staring me in the face, that's insanity.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Too bad we can't have either of those guys as a backup to Romo
while a draft choice gets ready and transitions to NFL game.

Too bad we can't have either of those guys as a backup to Romo
while a draft choice gets ready and transitions to NFL game.
Well then lets hope Washington and Cleveland decide to keep both of them then we go in the draft and get Goff, Lynch, or Wentz then they change their minds after then we could pick one of them up. That way they would have a rookie QB learning while RG3 or Manziel is backup. Best of both worlds...it won't happen like that though, we are gonna get one or the other and that's it!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well then lets hope Washington and Cleveland decide to keep both of them then we go in the draft and get Goff, Lynch, or Wentz then they change their minds after then we could pick one of them up. That way they would have a rookie QB learning while RG3 or Manziel is backup. Best of both worlds...it won't happen like that though, we are gonna get one or the other and that's it!
I don't know if we have a coaching staff that can handle that type of a QB depth chart though. I think someone like Manziel will require a lot of attention to keep out of trouble and to try to continue to develop. I don't know if we have a coaching staff capable of handling someone like that while at the same time developing a young QB like Goff or Lynch. I don't want a dumb ass QB with a bad attitude messing anything up for my young QB.

I almost wish the draft was first and then if we miss out on all the QBs we want, go and bring in a Johnny Manziel.

I don't know if we have a coaching staff that can handle that type of a QB depth chart though. I think someone like Manziel will require a lot of attention to keep out of trouble and to try to continue to develop. I don't know if we have a coaching staff capable of handling someone like that while at the same time developing a young QB like Goff or Lynch. I don't want a dumb ass QB with a bad attitude messing anything up for my young QB.

I almost wish the draft was first and then if we miss out on all the QBs we want, go and bring in a Johnny Manziel.
You know for some reason I seem to think Manziel doesn't really have these problems. Something tells me that Jerry and JFF had all this planned for him to get cut from the Browns so he could come to Dallas. I know it sounds stupid, but I have a feeling thats what happened and if he came here there wouldn't be issues like there is now!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't want to automatically shit all over this because if we weren't drafting so high I might be in favor of continuing to roll with Romo, drafting a guy who needs development time, and having RG3 or Manziel be the vet backup except with some growth potential.

But fuck if I'm going to advocate adding RG3 or Manziel INSTEAD OF a stud rookie QB. I'm not doubling down on a guy who has already failed when a blue chipper is staring me in the face, that's insanity.
If they sign either, they aren't taking a guy at four also. No chance in hell.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Exactly, because in Jerry's addled mind signing Manziel or Griffin is equal to having a first round QB as the backup/heir apparent. Worked out nicely with Weeden.

:dunce

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's right and the chief reason I don't want to see their presence anywhere near the state of Texas. Not even in the same time zone.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's right and the chief reason I don't want to see their presence anywhere near the state of Texas. Not even in the same time zone.
Well, LT, good buddy.

I can all but tell you that if either hit the market, they are Cowboys.

Make sure you are keeping up with your aspirin therapy and have a defibrillator close by.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
It will be fun to watch Garrett try to spin it if Manziel is brought in though. He certainly has not shown himself to be 'the right kind of guy'. With Hardy, Garrett tried to tweak it by saying he was the right kind of guy in that he loves football and works hard in practice, etc. Can't say that with a straight face about Manziel, who clearly does not take his job as seriously as he needs to if he expects to succeed. He will come up with some sort of bullshit but it will be painfully obvious that it was a move forced on him by Jerry and he is just going to have to deal with it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well, LT, good buddy.

I can all but tell you that if either hit the market, they are Cowboys.

Make sure you are keeping up with your aspirin therapy and have a defibrillator close by.
If it happens and the Dallas franchise fails to put Romo s replacement in place just figure on a continuation of mediocre performance long term. Griffin will crater like he has before and Manzeil will eventually face indefinite suspensions from the game. The Dallas Cowboys will continue as the team of also rans. Romo is the only immediate hope but that light will soon dim.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It will be fun to watch Garrett try to spin it if Manziel is brought in though. He certainly has not shown himself to be 'the right kind of guy'. With Hardy, Garrett tried to tweak it by saying he was the right kind of guy in that he loves football and works hard in practice, etc. Can't say that with a straight face about Manziel, who clearly does not take his job as seriously as he needs to if he expects to succeed. He will come up with some sort of bullshit but it will be painfully obvious that it was a move forced on him by Jerry and he is just going to have to deal with it.
Garrett has lost what little credibility he may have had. He is just a willing puppet that will do and say whatever he has to in order to keep picking up his paycheck.

It's also fun to look back at Jerry and Garrett's press conference announcing Jason as permanent coach. Someone asked how much control Garrett would have with the players and the roster and Jerry emphatically said there would not be one player added to the roster or a coach to the staff that Garrett didn't personally approve of. Most of us rolled our eyes at that and it clearly hasn't been the case. What it showed though is that Jerry was, is and has always been very well aware of the criticism he has received and he'll often say the right things with a straight face but it'll always be business as usual.

At this point Jerry could sign Manziel, punch Jason in the face, shoot his dog and screw his wife and Garrett would just clap and ask for more.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If it happens and the Dallas franchise fails to put Romo s replacement in place just figure on a continuation of mediocre performance long term. Griffin will crater like he has before and Manzeil will eventually face indefinite suspensions from the game. The Dallas Cowboys will continue as the team of also rans. Romo is the only immediate hope but that light will soon dim.
If it came down to it, on one hand I would take RGIII over Manziel primarily because Johnny has less talent and is a huge buffoon off the field. On the other hand, it may be better if we took Manziel simply for those reasons. He would likely implode and never come close to fooling anyone in the organization that he could be the eventual starter. Might save us a couple of years down the road where we could waste a couple of years experimenting with RGIII.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Garrett has lost what little credibility he may have had. He is just a willing puppet that will do and say whatever he has to in order to keep picking up his paycheck.

It's also fun to look back at Jerry and Garrett's press conference announcing Jason as permanent coach. Someone asked how much control Garrett would have with the players and the roster and Jerry emphatically said there would not be one player added to the roster or a coach to the staff that Garrett didn't personally approve of. Most of us rolled our eyes at that and it clearly hasn't been the case. What it showed though is that Jerry was, is and has always been very well aware of the criticism he has received and he'll often say the right things with a straight face but it'll always be business as usual.

At this point Jerry could sign Manziel, punch Jason in the face, shoot his dog and screw his wife and Garrett would just clap and ask for more.
:jerry
:roboclap

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Exactly, because in Jerry's addled mind signing Manziel or Griffin is equal to having a first round QB as the backup/heir apparent. Worked out nicely with Weeden.

:dunce
Exactly how Jones thinks. If he signs RG3, in his mind he's got THE elite talent from 2012 draft in both him and Claiborne.

Top Bottom