28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
might as well move on

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Ok... Im confused now. Is it a 4 game and then a 10 game or is the 4 part of the 10. Or am I imagining a 4 game something or another....

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He got four. Then another ten. That means his earliest eligibility is week fifteen.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok... Im confused now. Is it a 4 game and then a 10 game or is the 4 part of the 10. Or am I imagining a 4 game something or another....
This whole process with him has confused the crap out of me. But basically I have the same question. Or is is 10 starting week 3? Essentially meaning that he wasted these first 2 games by having an appeal pending? I would love me some clarification.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He got four. Then another ten. That means his earliest eligibility is week fifteen.
Which is weird, because I have never in my history of following the NFL seen suspensions get stacked like that. Mainly because it's never happened before.

Cotton

Staff member
So is the rule that suspension don't run concurrent? Just curious.
Apparently, it's at the discretion of the commish. Which, again, I have never heard of. Maybe it's something new, but it's stupid.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently, it's at the discretion of the commish. Which, again, I have never heard of. Maybe it's something new, but it's stupid.
Not sure why he would drop the appeal if he literally got zero benefit for himself? That's like one of my clients taking a plea deal for the max sentence. What is the motivation in that?

Cotton

Staff member
Not sure why he would drop the appeal if he literally got zero benefit for himself? That's like one of my clients taking a plea deal for the max sentence. What is the motivation in that?
Not real sure. Just a weird situation all around.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You don't know what else was on the table. Maybe even not fighting helps out with brownie points for the future, who knows?

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
So Le'Veon Bell gets to come back in Week 4, and Gregory can't come back until Week 16? Where is the logic in that? Why the hell would Gregory drop the appeal when his punishment (for a second offense) is basically unprecedented? Didn't Josh Gordon end up missing only 10 games total in 2014 for like his fourth offense? Does Goodell just arbitrarily pull a number out of his hat when it comes to drug suspensions?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't know what else was on the table. Maybe even not fighting helps out with brownie points for the future, who knows?
What do those brownie points get him? I'm sure he will get a season long suspension if there is another issue. It's why I would have thought the brownie points would have at least bought him week 10 of the season to be back.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Yeah, like reducing L'veon Bells from 4 to 3 games. Which also means Bell's next failed test doesn't become a mandatory 10 game suspension but just another 4 games which the commish can reduce again at his discretion. The system is broken.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, like reducing L'veon Bells from 4 to 3 games. Which also means Bell's next failed test doesn't become a mandatory 10 game suspension but just another 4 games which the commish can reduce again at his discretion. The system is broken.
Funny how teams like the Steelers and giants always seem to get the benefit of the doubt.

data

Forbes #1
Dude. Our 2017 draft is gonna be sick.

Three 1st rounders.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Dude. Our 2017 draft is gonna be sick.

Three 1st rounders.
Romo is coming back this year so the 2016 draft will,be a boost.

dallen

Senior Tech
The rule regarding suspensions seems to be "whatever the hell Roger Gooddell says it is".

Top Bottom