Cowboys claim running back Rod Smith from Seahawks

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys claim running back Rod Smith from Seahawks

Posted by Darin Gantt on October 14, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT

At this point, it’s safe to assume that if the Seahawks ever cut Marshawn Lynch, the Cowboys will sign him.

The Cowboys continued to pick up Seattle’s recycling, claiming running back Rod Smith off waivers.

They had previously traded for Christine Michael, in their quest to keep a backfield stocked with options.

They worked out some backs today, including LaMike James, but opted for the big back from Ohio State.

Smith had been on Seattle’s practice squad, but was promoted last week to the active roster when they ran short in the backfield themselves, and released yesterday when they tried to cover other spots with Lynch getting healthy.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
big guy. Probably because we cant convert short yard situations for shit. I'd still be surprised if hes on the roster by the end of the season

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
One thing is for sure, last year our running game protected - and made better - our defense. We need a guy who can eat the clock and wear down opposing defenses, because our current defense (assuming no other injuries) is talented enough to hold its own.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I really liked that between the tackles run by Michael, even if it was just an isolated 6 yard play.

He showed a burst, power, and ability to run low we haven't seen yet.

I think he's already better than the guys we have as a runner.

Don't know about his pass blocking, receiving, and mental toughness. Only way to find out is to see him for extended periods.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I love how we wasted a draft pick trading for Christine. He sucks donkey balls. Maybe this Seattle backup will be better.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I love how we wasted a draft pick trading for Christine. He sucks donkey balls. Maybe this Seattle backup will be better.
are you sure you meant Christine? He didn't do anything yesterday to prove that he sucked. He had some good burst on a couple plays yesterday but they just kept going with the hot hand in McFadden (lol)

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
are you sure you meant Christine? He didn't do anything yesterday to prove that he sucked. He had some good burst on a couple plays yesterday but they just kept going with the hot hand in McFadden (lol)
Yeah, they need to start taking a look at Michael to see if he is worth a roster spot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is exactly right. The guy had a grand total of 5 carries in the game. One of which went for excellent yards (Had a big hole to run through) and the other runs were pretty well stuffed up the middle by the defense. I guess you could argue that he hasn't earned more playing time and thus he must suck. How can you really justify pulling McFadden though in a game where McFadden averaged 5.2 ypc and went over 150 yards?

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
This is exactly right. The guy had a grand total of 5 carries in the game. One of which went for excellent yards (Had a big hole to run through) and the other runs were pretty well stuffed up the middle by the defense. I guess you could argue that he hasn't earned more playing time and thus he must suck. How can you really justify pulling McFadden though in a game where McFadden averaged 5.2 ypc and went over 150 yards?
my lol didnt mean to take McFadden out, he was obviously running very well yesterday. It was more so an lol because Darren McFadden sucks most of the time. Just wanted to clarify that

Top Bottom