2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So if gov't were to enact social health care and guarantee free college funded exclusively by tax revenue, would this be acceptable to you?
Sure as long as they didn't enact additional taxes that affects personal wealth. What I am opposed too are ideologies that want to redistribute owned wealth to pay for these measures. Those who think that the wealthy can afford higher taxes and should pay more just because they are affluent. Those corporations that have amassed fortunes and individuals who are absurdly rich. They earned those fortunes and shouldn't have to pay more taxes disproportionately just because someone feels it is okay to take from them and redistribute accordingly..

townsend

Banned
Sure as long as they didn't enact additional taxes that affects personal wealth. What I am opposed too are ideologies that want to redistribute owned wealth to pay for these measures. Those who think that the wealthy can afford higher taxes and should pay more just because they are affluent. Those corporations that have amassed fortunes and individuals who are absurdly rich. They earned those fortunes and shouldn't have to pay more taxes disproportionately just because someone feels it is okay to take from them and redistribute accordingly..
I think we mostly agree on these points. As long as the super wealthy arent allowed to get away with paying less than their share through unreasonable tax loopholes, than there's very little reason to change the taxes already being collected.

My point from my earlier posts is that we should be able to pay for all of those things. That we have an incredibly high tax revenue as a nation that is inefficiently squandered. This is why I've become impatient with Republicans, they put us in a 7 trillion dollar War to Nowhere, that they refuse to back down from to this day, and still dare to sell themselves as the "conservative" party.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think we mostly agree on these points. As long as the super wealthy arent allowed to get away with paying less than their share through unreasonable tax loopholes, than there's very little reason to change the taxes already being collected.

My point from my earlier posts is that we should be able to pay for all of those things. That we have an incredibly high tax revenue as a nation that is inefficiently squandered. This is why I've become impatient with Republicans, they put us in a 7 trillion dollar War to Nowhere, that they refuse to back down from to this day, and still dare to sell themselves as the "conservative" party.
Probably true but the focal policy seems to continue to go the wrong way as to spending within revenue limits. I am not in agreement with all the war issues as well. I certainly am not in favor of continuing to clean up the world messes only to have it revert back to centuries old turmoil as soon as the last plane leaves the country. It's not just republicans who are world police advocates. In fact many are not. I think the basic rift between the democrat and republican positions are the liberal versus conservative views of fiscal policy. It's just something they (we) cannot agree on as far as who is responsible for the ultimate welfare of others.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our Tax system is absolutely absurd. That thing is screwed beyond belief.

townsend

Banned
Our Tax system is absolutely absurd. That thing is screwed beyond belief.
I think we've grossly over complicated the tax system. But I don't think it's particularly unfair (except for sales tax.)

I'd rather we just got rid of all the exemption nonsense. Stick with a tiered tax system.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think we've grossly over complicated the tax system. But I don't think it's particularly unfair (except for sales tax.)

I'd rather we just got rid of all the exemption nonsense. Stick with a tiered tax system.
If you get rid of the exemptions then it shouldn't be tiered. The taxes will then be disproportionate. Say 10% as example. A $ 50,000. Wage earner will pay $ 5,000. and $ 5,000,000. Will pay $50,000. That's fair. A tiered system without exemptions is unfair.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don't know that I agree with what you are saying is "unfair." I think that the taxes on all tiers are way too high but I also don't really agree with a tiered system at all. Any time you create a "tier" I think you hurt the economy by creating an imaginary cut off point that people will intentionally try to get under. But I know that we will never agree between a tiered system and a flat tax rate.

What we both definitely agree on is the the rest of the crazy tax code that basically forces a huge amount of money from our government in order to enforce. The amount of money spent on the tax industry and ridiculous and it's all in the name of finding ways for people with money to not pay any money in.

townsend

Banned
I don't know that I agree with what you are saying is "unfair." I think that the taxes on all tiers are way too high but I also don't really agree with a tiered system at all. Any time you create a "tier" I think you hurt the economy by creating an imaginary cut off point that people will intentionally try to get under. But I know that we will never agree between a tiered system and a flat tax rate.
in.
as far as I understand it people are only taxed on the income that exceeds each tier so that if a person earns 51,000 only a 1000 would be taxed at an "above 50,000" tier.

The way I look at taxes. (and you likely will disagree with, but we're airing opinions here) is that each person needs x amount of income for their survival, that taxing them beyond that will ultimately kill the goose, and they'll likely stop working. For a person who makes money at or below the poverty line, we shouldn't tax them much at all, because they need every cent.

The next tier takes a step up on the hierarchy of needs. I don't "need" a savings account, or entertainment, I don't "need" a washing machine or healthy food. But by acquiring them I ensure my long term viability. A lower middle class tier still needs a little room to breath, likely they're still a few setbacks away from abject poverty. Continuing with that logic all the way up the food chain. The highest tier don't require as much of their income for survival. That isn't by any means a justification to call open season on rich people. After all the top tier can afford to expatriate, and so government can just as easily kill the goose at the top.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Too bad that if the Bible is the real deal all these people who have amassed these huge fortunes that they "have earned" are going to be rotting in hell.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Too bad that if the Bible is the real deal all these people who have amassed these huge fortunes that they "have earned" are going to be rotting in hell.

:lol where do you come up with this stuff?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You wanna give chapter and verse on that?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

Matthew 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

1 Timothy 6:9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.

James 5:1-6 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. ...

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

Proverbs 22:16-17 Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, will only come to poverty. Incline your ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply your heart to my knowledge

1 Corinthians 6:10 "nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

Matthew 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

1 Timothy 6:9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.

James 5:1-6 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. ...

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

Proverbs 22:16-17 Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, will only come to poverty. Incline your ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply your heart to my knowledge

1 Corinthians 6:10 "nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."
Where does it say you will rot in hell for being wealthy?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Where does it say you will rot in hell for being wealthy?
You fake ass fucking Christians always looking for ways to have your cake and eat it too.

I think Matt pointed it out pretty well. A rich man cannot enter heaven. So where else does that leave him to go?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I do appreciate your research on this however.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You fake ass fucking Christians always looking for ways to have your cake and eat it too.

I think Matt pointed it out pretty well. A rich man cannot enter heaven. So where else does that leave him to go?
Matthew pointed out that wealth keeps a lot of folks from the Kingdom but he said it is a difficult thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom