Archive - Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION]

I would imagine that this pleases you?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What authority does the Nevada gaming commission have to mandate this? Except for their own state of course.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What authority does the Nevada gaming commission have to mandate this? Except for their own state of course.
You're right, as far as I know. They are banned in the state of Nevada, not anywhere else.

My guess is the gaming commission is unhappy they aren't getting any of the money being generated.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Like Geng said above it's just for Nevada I believe

dallen

Senior Tech
It has to start somewhere

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yea, with them facing 3 or 4 lawsuits now and being looked into by other agencies this is more than likely just the opening salvo

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is a state decision. That is also why they avoid other states.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It is a state decision. That is also why they avoid other states.
I guess that evokes another question. Since the entities are advertising nationally isn't virtually every state affected? Are these companies headquartered in Nevada? Even if they are headquartered there and their corporate charter is issued by Nevada, wouldn't there be a question of interstate commerce and involve the federal government? I know, that is more than one question

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe people in Iowa already weren't able to use the two sites. As far as I know that was the only state previously. If you've ever gone on Draft Kings Iowa isn't an option to select as a state you live in.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I believe people in Iowa already weren't able to use the two sites. As far as I know that was the only state previously. If you've ever gone on Draft Kings Iowa isn't an option to select as a state you live in.
There were a few other states that don't allow it I remember seeing in an article, think it was Arizona, Louisiana, Washington, and Iowa.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
God, please no.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I guess that evokes another question. Since the entities are advertising nationally isn't virtually every state affected? Are these companies headquartered in Nevada? Even if they are headquartered there and their corporate charter is issued by Nevada, wouldn't there be a question of interstate commerce and involve the federal government? I know, that is more than one question
They advertise nationally because it's cheaper that way than to hit every relevant state individually.

I don't know where they are headquartered but yes, it is interstate commerce and the federal government has jurisdiction. But the individual states can make any law they want regarding it provided it doesn't conflict with relevant federal law.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You know it's going to end up being the Jags so don't really give a shit
Yeah, but I can see it leading to a rotation of teams and could include the Cowboys. No likey.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom